AMR Bankruptcy Update from President James C. Little

Mr. Little you deserve every word that Dennis said to you. A lot of us share his feelings about you.

We need to get rid of TWU now

Oh heck.......I thought me too meant that I get whatever upper management gets.

We need your energy to help. What can you do?

Buck, I'm afraid I've done about all I can.
I've signed my AMFA card, but I'm on my way back Boeing. BUT....I will be watching and I will donate to the cause. How's that?? :)
Informer....you need a Paypal link front & center on a website brotha...:)

Gentlemen and all fellow aa AMT'S. Have we not been shown time and time again how the EVIL TWU has sold out every single one of us both line and overhaul! We at the line stations have tried for twenty years to replace these over paid goons! NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL OF OUR BROTHERS IN ARMS TO STAND UP AND START AN ELECTION TO DUMP THESE OVERPAID,NO ACCOUNTABLE BASTARDS THAT CLAIM TO REPRESENT US WHILE JIM LITTLE SLEEPS WITH THE COMPANY! PLEASE SIGN A CARD NOW AND LETS GET THIS DONE TOGETHER!

OK, give us your best time-table on the process.
How long will it take to get a comfortable majority, and submit the paperwork?

No way I could give you the time frame, your cordinators could give you that better than me. Your group is mre than 5x's the size of ours. However, your group needs to get together and get it knocked down to 2 unions to be voted on, if you guys have members choosing between 4 and 5, it will fail misserably. From what I see out here is AMP, AMFA, IAM, IBT, and you still have to place the TWU on the ballot. Narrow this down to 2 maybe 3 but I would rather see 2. I could see your card drive lasting at least 5x's as our did, say 9 months to a year and a half for full vote.

I hate to bring this up, but I have a funny feeling that should a drive to replace the TWU occur, and again, I hate to bring this up........But the TWU will exert so much pressure and fear on the OH folks by telling them another union will only care about the line, etc.etc.etc.....

The OH vs LINE division will undoubetdly come into play should vote for another union occur.

It has baffled me since I signed my first card when I hired on as to why a mechanic would hesitate to be represented by a union that focuses on his or her specific work group. But the fact is some guys are reluctant to switch. This time should certainly be different.
My question to SWAMT is: Did your management muddy the waters and outright rig the voting like AA management did on our last AMFA drive by including dead and retired workers in the voting pool?
In addition to apathy we are also battling fraud.

Nope. I believe (if I remember correctly) there were a couple of names still on the list that have recently moved into management and were not removed from the list, as well as even a guy that had past away, but, we had such a big turn out for AMFA it didn't matter.

I hate to bring this up, but I have a funny feeling that should a drive to replace the TWU occur, and again, I hate to bring this up........But the TWU will exert so much pressure and fear on the OH folks by telling them another union will only care about the line, etc.etc.etc.....

The OH vs LINE division will undoubetdly come into play should vote for another union occur.

I will assure you guys, with AMFA there is no difference between line mechs or oh mechs, AMFA treats all Aircraft mechanics the same-equal...

No way I could give you the time frame, your cordinators could give you that better than me. Your group is mre than 5x's the size of ours. However, your group needs to get together and get it knocked down to 2 unions to be voted on, if you guys have members choosing between 4 and 5, it will fail misserably. From what I see out here is AMP, AMFA, IAM, IBT, and you still have to place the TWU on the ballot. Narrow this down to 2 maybe 3 but I would rather see 2. I could see your card drive lasting at least 5x's as our did, say 9 months to a year and a half for full vote.

I think AMP is dead in the water, so just cross them off the list.

AMFA cards would be for AMFA vs TWU.

We don't have to put TWU on the ballot, as they are the incumbents.
Have not seen any IAM cards, or IBT cards.

I think AMP is dead in the water, so just cross them off the list.

AMFA cards would be for AMFA vs TWU.

We don't have to put TWU on the ballot, as they are the incumbents.
Have not seen any IAM cards, or IBT cards.

I would suggest going AMFA. AMFA and AMP are almost a mirror image of each other. Once you have AMFA for a few years you will have an excellent ideaof how it is all going to work with the tremendous amount of membership involvement it will take. You will also have a great idea of about how much money it would take to get AMP up and running. If after say 3-5 years you guys are not fully satisfied then venture out on your own and go with the AMP. When we told National level officers not to do a card drive for AMFA to pick up the AirTran guys, prior to the integration, or we would remove AMFA from the property, we were prepared to take that very route, a private SWA mechanics union. IF we ever do for some reason lose or remove AMFA for any reasons, this will more than likely be our next move. I wouldn't say AMP is dead. Like all businesses, AMFA needs a competitor just to help keep everyone in line if you know what I mean. Good Luck Brothers...

Anybody that do not see that TWU does not look for our best interest have to open the eyes. Read and get your self informed. For ex., I suggest to read SWAMT posts to know about AMFA experience in Southwest. We have to be together (OH & line) in this if we want to succeed.

Sign an AMFA card lets get rid of TWU now.

Reactions: 1 person