AMR Bankruptcy Update from President James C. Little

Where is our "me too"?
I found a few things while going through the other non M&R contracts.
Tech Services get 8 holidays. Where is our "me too"?
Simulator Techs get up to 30 days VC. Where is our "me too"?
Fleet Service gets longevity pay. Where is our "me too"?
Many other groups get 100% sick pay. Where is our "me too"?
If there are other TWU groups that get better than us shouldn't we get a "me too" also? Or does the "me too" just go one way?
dang good points, I really think we need that family couple of days to let the airlines see that they need us

Reactions: 1 person
This has got to end.A complete information vacuum.
Brundage on the stand right now.No info or live feed available for TWU members?I have signed A.M.P., AMFA and IAM cards recently.(Though I hope to get my hands on an IBT card as well)

Yeah but in this situation our own members screw us with the clause
IIRC, IAM at USAirways did the exact same thing.
When the IAM/UAL voted in their BK TA, I was speaking to an IAM Steward and he stated 'Hope you guys get a better contract than we did, then we get it because of the 'me too' clause.'
I have no doubt that your last TA included a 'me too' clause as well.
Just another #### sandwich!
Take Care,
B) xUT

Let the mechanics take the risk and will collect the spoils typical twu tell everybody to vote yes then claim it was all part of the plan to have a me too clause and the M&R and Stores will fight the fight and little jim can take the credit.

There never is a GOOD TIME to come to the realization that your Union sucks and need to be replaced.

So now is as good of time as any.

I'm for a good fight, but everyone had the opportunity to get the Me Too with a yes vote, why bash the other groups?

AMFA Drive Started at AA, this is just another letter of doom.

We vote NO and now we still have the YES voters on the back of the Mechanic and related group.
The yes voter and other work group evil empire. Damn them!!

I voted no as a clerk, yet was stuck with the agreement. The "me too"
could actually help me. So where do I direct my anger, informer?

I'm for a good fight, but everyone had the opportunity to get the Me Too with a yes vote, why bash the other groups?
If the two groups who voted no make gains during the Jun 4th negotiations should the other five receive anything? The TWU has already stated that the five yes voters are to be removed from bankruptcy proceedings.

If the two groups who voted no make gains during the Jun 4th negotiations should the other five receive anything? The TWU has already stated that the five yes voters are to be removed from bankruptcy proceedings.
Maybe that's a question for the judge. If it were in the agreement voted on, all including myself who voted no
had a chance to vote on it.

The yes voter and other work group evil empire. Damn them!!

I voted no as a clerk, yet was stuck with the agreement. The "me too"
could actually help me. So where do I direct my anger, informer?

I get your point, and I do realize that the clerk is not my enemy, so direct your anger towards James C Little and the TWU just I should be doing instead of those other work groups. Thanks for pointing that out I needed that today.

Moved from Lane topic. I would really like to see if this argument has merit.

This court assisted process will be for both our members who rejected the company’s offers so we can try to obtain for them an equitable and ratifiable contract, and for the units that voted “yes,” in order to enforce their "me too" clauses.
To be clear, it is my understanding that any gains from the "no" TWU title groups would not benefit the "yes" TWU title groups per the precise wording of the “Me, too, provision”. Little states otherwise. "The “me too” clauses pertain to any potential gains achieved by APA or APFA as well as any gains any TWU represented unit achieves."

1) Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this Restructuring Agreement
(“Agreement”), the terms of the Agreement shall not become effective until the
Company has received approval to implement, through binding agreement,
and/or implemented by legal unilateral authority, revisions to (i) the labor
contracts of the Company’s other non-TWU unionized employees and (ii) the
wages, benefits and working conditions of the Company’s non-union hourly
employees
and (iii) the wages, benefits and working conditions of the non-union
salaried and management employees
so that the aggregate revisions in (i),(ii) and
(iii) for each individual non-TWU union and non-union employee group are
reasonably projected by the Company to produce the targets for labor cost
savings specified in the Company’s Section 1113© motion.
2) The Company agrees that if the Company fails to implement the changes
described in paragraph 1 for any other non-TWU union or non-union employee
group
, without implementing other changes that are reasonably projected by the
Company to achieve equivalent labor cost savings, the Company will meet with
TWU to discuss and agree upon a proportionate reduction in projected labor cost
savings under the Agreement. This paragraph shall expire upon the earlier of 1)
six (6) months after the date the Company emerges from the bankruptcy process;
or 2) when the changes described in paragraph 1, or other changes that are
reasonably projected by the Company to achieve equivalent labor cost savings,
are implemented for all non-TWU union or non-union employee groups.
3) The Company further agrees that if it obtains modifications to agreements with
other non-TWU union groups that result in labor cost savings to the Company
from reduction in TWU represented employees working under TWU agreements,
it will meet with TWU to discuss and agree upon an appropriate credit to the TWU
based on the level of labor cost savings realized by the Company from that
reduction.

Because the vast majority of folks did not even know there was a me too clause and in my opinion it should be only those who risk should be rewarded becuse they will the only ones abrogated if we lose. if you accepted the companys offer than you are stuck with it. I am not bashing the other groups but this is not t- ball we do not give trophys to everyone who played.

Reactions: 2 people
Where is our "me too"?
I found a few things while going through the other non M&R contracts.
Tech Services get 8 holidays. Where is our "me too"?
Simulator Techs get up to 30 days VC. Where is our "me too"?
Fleet Service gets longevity pay. Where is our "me too"?
Many other groups get 100% sick pay. Where is our "me too"?
If there are other TWU groups that get better than us shouldn't we get a "me too" also? Or does the "me too" just go one way?
We are AMTs. Our "Me too" was 50% sick time pay, 17.5% pay cut (while everyone else took 15%) and the right to go to OSM pay with the RIF. If that doesn't prove to you that the TWU doesn't give a care about AMTs I don't know what is. Others are signing yellow cards...... That's my Me too. I will sign one as well and try to get others to do the same. Enough of this craziness.

Reactions: 3 people
Because the vast majority of folks did not even know there was a me too clause and in my opinion it should be only those who risk should be rewarded becuse they will the only ones abrogated if we lose. if you accepted the companys offer than you are stuck with it. I am not bashing the other groups but this is not t- ball we do not give trophys to everyone who played.
X2
vote
yes your done we might get abrogated if we get something better sucks to be you

Latest posts