AMR Bankruptcy Update from President James C. Little

Yeah but in this situation our own members screw us with the clause

" Our OWN Members"................
Did it EVER occur to you that NOW is time to insure that YOU are No Longer "members" with the FSC's etc !

The AA/AMT's have ONE-LONE chance of Survival left, one half of which has been accomplished by more than half of the total of AMT's told AA to go....." F Y S " !

Going forward, it's NOT Rocket sceince.
A. KEEP the MAJORITY of AMT's voting N O , and as soon as possible, REPLACE THE TWU with AMFA.

The fact that the FSC's have pin-points for testicles IS NO LONGER YOUR CONCERN !!!!!!!!!!
The Immediate problem IS....realizing that as (the majority of)NO voting AMT's that Y O U are in CONTROL !!
Will there be " X " amount of lay-offs ? YES, BUT in the end, you guys will be the ULTIMATE winners.
GOD-DAMMIT..." STAY UNITED/STRONG " ! You are DEAD if you don't !

On a somewhat Unrelated note, US TWU Rail division guys are hearing STRONG rumors that "chicken' LITTLE is in DEEEEEP SHITE as far as his job is concerned because of the CAVE-IN job he's done together with AMR !

Again,

Brooklynite/OKIE/Bostonian/TEXAN.......STAY TOGETHER.....S T A Y......S T R O N G !!

Moved from Lane topic. I would really like to see if this argument has merit.

To be clear, it is my understanding that any gains from the "no" TWU title groups would not benefit the "yes" TWU title groups per the precise wording of the “Me, too, provision”. Little states otherwise. "The “me too” clauses pertain to any potential gains achieved by APA or APFA as well as any gains any TWU represented unit achieves."

1) Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in this Restructuring Agreement
(“Agreement”), the terms of the Agreement shall not become effective until the
Company has received approval to implement, through binding agreement,
and/or implemented by legal unilateral authority, revisions to (i) the labor
contracts of the Company’s other non-TWU unionized employees and (ii) the
wages, benefits and working conditions of the Company’s non-union hourly
employees
and (iii) the wages, benefits and working conditions of the non-union
salaried and management employees
so that the aggregate revisions in (i),(ii) and
(iii) for each individual non-TWU union and non-union employee group are
reasonably projected by the Company to produce the targets for labor cost
savings specified in the Company’s Section 1113© motion.
2) The Company agrees that if the Company fails to implement the changes
described in paragraph 1 for any other non-TWU union or non-union employee
group
, without implementing other changes that are reasonably projected by the
Company to achieve equivalent labor cost savings, the Company will meet with
TWU to discuss and agree upon a proportionate reduction in projected labor cost
savings under the Agreement. This paragraph shall expire upon the earlier of 1)
six (6) months after the date the Company emerges from the bankruptcy process;
or 2) when the changes described in paragraph 1, or other changes that are
reasonably projected by the Company to achieve equivalent labor cost savings,
are implemented for all non-TWU union or non-union employee groups.
3) The Company further agrees that if it obtains modifications to agreements with
other non-TWU union groups that result in labor cost savings to the Company
from reduction in TWU represented employees working under TWU agreements,
it will meet with TWU to discuss and agree upon an appropriate credit to the TWU
based on the level of labor cost savings realized by the Company from that
reduction.

New Aircraft.
New Aircraft will produce labor savings because as they come in, even if we get the work, there will be less work. Attrition will likely absorb the reduced demand for our labor but its a labor savings that maintenence did not capture in 2003 that likely doubled the real savings that AA saw. For other groups new aircraft have almost zero impact because it still takes the same number of pilots to fly it, the same amount of ramp people to service it and the same number of Flight Attendants per passenger.

We are at the bottom of the industry, while I have no problem with other groups throwing a ME Too clause in place, after all who are we to tell others what they can put in their deal, if the company agrees to it thats their problem not ours, we need to demand that we land somewhere among our peers and not a very distant last. If the International tries to use the ME TOO as a means to hold us down I will not support that, none of us should. Their ME TOO clause has, and should have, absolutely nothing to do with what we go for. Like I said, the company put this in, its something they created and it was not discussed in negotiations with the committee, along with most of those other LOAs they threw in.

On a somewhat Unrelated note, US TWU Rail division guys are hearing STRONG rumors that "chicken' LITTLE is in DEEEEEP SHITE as far as his job is concerned because of the CAVE-IN job he's done together with AMR !

I'll believe it when I see it.

I would imagine if that were the case, it might matter more of the TWU BUS AND RAIL guys would show their discontent. They usually fare way better than the airline division when it comes to contracts.

Unfortunately for you guys the TWU international officials will continue laughing their way to the bank as you guys suffer and sacrifice. Would things be any different with the IAM?

Josh

TWU AA/AE Bankruptcy Information Articles Detail AMR Bankruptcy Update From President James C. Little May 21, 2012

Brothers and Sisters,

No one ever said this would be easy. ....snip.....snip.......We have other rounds ahead of us. And, again, we don't want be boxed into a corner and we want to keep quickly moving along multiple paths that aren't always predictable. We need to keep our opponents off guard.
....snip.......
I cannot emphasize enough that if we're going to prevail it's important that we remain unified and together through this union. Any division in our ranks only empowers our opponents. Without question, there is strength through unity.

Jim Little-Beam probably knows all about the AMFA drive.
But, let me point out an inconsistency here. He wants unity and solidarity with no division in the ranks. Why was local 514 was pushing the Yes LBO vote, right along with Jim Ream? Result was division and non-unity.

Now we have a huge demand for little yellow cards right now!!!!! Jimmy is worried about the results of his lack of leadership!! Do we have accountability? He had pay raises while we took pay cuts. Carty resigned over that issue while Jim Little-Beam is bullet-proof. What's going on here??????

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately for you guys the TWU international officials will continue laughing their way to the bank as you guys suffer and sacrifice. Would things be any different with the IAM?

Josh

The TWU's days are numbered. We would lean towards AMFA or AMP..Where WE THE MEMBERS will elect ALL LEADERSHIP and DETERMINE THEIR COMPENSATION.

The TWU's days are numbered. We would lean towards AMFA or AMP..Where WE THE MEMBERS will elect ALL LEADERSHIP and DETERMINE THEIR COMPENSATION.

I hope that works out for you guys, I really do. Has there been any interest in the IAM or IBT? Would IAM prevail in a likely US combination?

Josh

I hope that works out for you guys, I really do. Has there been any interest in the IAM or IBT? Would IAM prevail in a likely US combination?

Josh

I don't know..Don't think anyone can predict.
In the event of a merger, I would hope all mechanics would decide on AMP or AMFA.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know..Don't think anyone can predict.
In the event of a merger, I would hope all mechanics would decide on AMP or AMFA.

Some say, why change horses in mid-steam. But any result of a card drive takes a long time, and the BK proceedings will not be effected by a yellow card signing. Besides, if there is 55% cards signed, its just an ok to have a vote. Long time a coming; slow process.

Some say, why change horses in mid-steam. But any result of a card drive takes a long time, and the BK proceedings will not be effected by a yellow card signing. Besides, if there is 55% cards signed, its just an ok to have a vote. Long time a coming; slow process.

Man...I read the same thing back in, what?, 2000 or so? AMFA drive. When you guys had enough then.
And I'll post the same thing I posted on "the-mechanic.com" site back then......................
Why does it take a mini crisis to wake the AA AMTs up and get interested in starting a card drive?
The TWU has been screwing the M&R for decades and it seems like it takes another debacle like the present, to fire up another AMFA drive. Just amazes the hell outta me guys......

With this latest exhibit of the TWU prowess, you'd think there would be at least an 80% AMFA card signing rate. With that percent of cards signed(and there should be that percentage!), there is not way the compAAny and TWU can deny an election rep vote.
Why AMFA??
I'll say it again........."It can't get any damn worse people!"
Sign an AMFA card already! <_<

Even if it takes awhile to pass at least we have a light at the of the tunnel and it won't be the AA/TWU train on its way to a total train wreck! We need to get out and get these cards signed and turned in. I've got about a dozen signed so far here in Tulsa. At least it's a start to a trip to rid ourselves of this docile union. Instead of a propeller and wings on their flag they need a herd of sheep being led off a cliff.

I beg to differ. If you guys get complete solidarity going for a card drive (no matter who you guys choose) and everyone can get on board, it can actually happen fairly quickly. Look how quick the SWA guys did it. It can be done, just need participation and unity for the same new union.

I beg to differ. If you guys get complete solidarity going for a card drive (no matter who you guys choose) and everyone can get on board, it can actually happen fairly quickly. Look how quick the SWA guys did it. It can be done, just need participation and unity for the same new union.

OK, give us your best time-table on the process.
How long will it take to get a comfortable majority, and submit the paperwork?