Announcement from USairways on 4/20/12 . That's all I can say

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
From Very good source . There will be an announcement from
USAIRWAYS regarding AA on 04/20/12 . Although I don't know what type of announcement it will be , we can only speculate .

From Vera very good source , there will be an announcement from
USAIRWAYS regarding AA on 04/20/12 . Although I don't know what type of announcement it will be , we can only speculate .

Unions at American Airlines plan to back takeover bid from rival US Airways

An announcement by the unions could come as early as Friday morning

Click here to read the story.

American Airlines Unions Support US Airways Merger

By MIKE SPECTOR And SUSAN CAREY

Representatives of American Airlines' three main unions currently believe they would be treated better in a merger with US Airways Group Inc. LCC +15.98%than if the company remained independent, and are weighing whether to publicly air their support for a deal, said people familiar with the matter.

The unions—which represent pilots, flight attendants and mechanics and ground workers of American parent AMR Corp.—were in discussions Thursday about announcing their support for how US Airways intends to treat them in the potential merger, the people said.

But the decision on whether to go public with their support remained in flux, the people said. Some creditors have questioned the wisdom of publicly airing the unions' views amid continued displeasure from AMR Chief Executive Tom Horton over discussions between union advisers and US Airways representatives, the people said. Mr. Horton has expressed a desire for those conversations to cease, people familiar with the matter said.

American's parent filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in November and has vied to reorganize and emerge as an independent airline. The Fort Worth, Texas-based company posted a $1.66 billion first-quarter loss Thursday, most of it related to charges tied to its bankruptcy filing.

The unions sit on AMR's nine-member creditors committee, which holds leverage in discussions over how AMR should emerge from bankruptcy proceedings. AMR holds the exclusive right to propose a path out of bankruptcy through September, but creditors could try to shorten that period if they feel a better deal lurks or doubt the viability of AMR's reorganization plan.

American Airlines' Unions expected to announce they are backing a US Airways takeover bid on Friday

According to union sources, American Airlines' three largest unions are expected to announce on Friday that they are backing a potential takeover bid by US Airways

Hitlers Birthday i believe !

Isn't it amazing when you reflect upon the last 10 years of US Airways' history that include the events of 9/11, 2 bankruptcies, 2008 fuel spikes, predictions of US Airways' ultimate demise, and consultant adfter consultant claim that the airline industry would shrink down to only three legacy airlines (Delta, United, America), that one of those three would be US Airways. Very impressive.

Reactions: 1 person
Isn't it amazing when you reflect upon the last 10 years of US Airways' history that include the events of 9/11, 2 bankruptcies, 2008 fuel spikes, predictions of US Airways' ultimate demise, and consultant adfter consultant claim that the airline industry would shrink down to only three legacy airlines (Delta, United, America), that one of those three would be US Airways. Very impressive.

It only took 3 trips thru bankruptcy court and two bailouts from the ATSB to achieve this "impressive" feat.
FWIW I think the unions are simply playing Parker against Horton for a better deal, ala the way United played him to get the deal with Continental.

Reactions: 3 people
But can Horton offer them the same or better that what Parker has? Either way, it seems that the AA folks are fed up with their management, and have little or no faith in them. From what I have been reading here, it looks like many are ready for a change. I believe that if both companies get together, they wil be able to generate much more revenue than they can alone. Perhaps, this is where Parker intends to cover his promises.

Hortons current deal was already thought not to go deep enough by many analyst and DP offer saves 1/2 of those jobs I don't see anyway AA can match that.

Reactions: 2 people
It only took 3 trips thru bankruptcy court and two bailouts from the ATSB to achieve this "impressive" feat.
FWIW I think the unions are simply playing Parker against Horton for a better deal, ala the way United played him to get the deal with Continental.

They certainly could do that, but the consequences probably wouldn't be pretty in the long term. Horton ( Hears a Who ), even with the cuts he's laid out, doesn't have a good plan for American's future. If Horton matched Parkers offer and the employees went for it, I'd predict American would be back in bankruptcy in a couple years. That being said does US need this merger? To be secure long term, I think we definitely do.

Parker is smart, it's a win-win for US just like the United/Continental merger. Just my 1 1/2 cents.

Bean

Reactions: 4 people
Parker," And our plan will save 6,200 jobs that would otherwise be lost. The USAirways labor groups..."
AMR Union reps, "Who?"
Parker, " Moving on...."

Reactions: 3 people

Latest posts