Usairway's Sales Of 737 To Fed-ex Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillLumbergh said:
How many IDs do you plan on utilizing? Just curious.
Bill,
Why not just tell us what multiple usernames are coming from the same IP? Its nice to know what screen names may/maynot be credible.

Those who make decisions on heresay, rumors, and inuendo are defeatists who are weak minded individuals.

#3 PineyBob is correct.......12 pages of boulderdash.

#4 Persons on here who continually remind people that they were the first, or correct, or 'know something that I dont know' suffer from a "Lack of manhood" in their own minds. It doesnt matter who is correct, what matters is what is correct!

Disgusted in DENVER,CO

what makes sense to me ( and this isnt bad news) is that we get rid of 737s and get airbus. Whats so bad about that lol . Oh yeah is this a way to chop iam legs off?

700UW said:
UsPerfEngr said:
All,

As of today at 19:30Z our (UAIR) Dispatch system shows the following count:

B737-300 70 active tail numbers

B737-400 46 active tail numbers with one AC(482) unassigned in PIT.

So if this rumor is to be the end of our 737 flying, where are the rest of the aircraft going? My count shows 117 airframes. Yet this rumor talks about 50 then 35 more. 85 from 117 leaves 32. The math does not add-up. Beyond the aircraft, what about the flight crews? Is someone going to bring forward news that ALPA has put its blessing on a wet-lease type transfer of 737 pilots to Fed-Ex?? Since Fed-Ex has no use for flight attendants, is the AFA going to stand idly by while a good third(rough estimate on my part) of there remaining ranks are cut loose?? I must admit that I've gotten a really good laugh from this rumor, but aside from its entertainment value, I find that it has no merit

USPerfEngr
Your info is incorrect, we never had a 737-400 with a tail # of 482.

Current count per Maxi-Merlin is:

38-737-300
32-737-300LR
11-737-400
11-737-400OW
25-737-400LR

For a total of 117 737s in the fleet

And US Does not have any 737s in the desert that are owned, all were returned to the lessor or sold.
700UW,

I cry your pardon for my typo on AC 428 that is now parked in PIT. I can't say for sure if it was my dyslexia or rather poor typing skills that caused me to report "482".

Other than that error, I ask you what difference there is in the numbers that I supplied vs. yours? I showed (70) 737-300's and (47) 737-400's same as you. If you wish to split hairs on sub-types, please indulge in the following lesson...

Technically, US Airways no longer operates 737-300LR's or 737-400LR's as ALL aircraft have either had their aux tank removed or deactivated. Meaning, we don't dispatch the airplanes with aux fuel so they are not considered Long-Range.

Likewise, we no longer dispatch the 737-300's using 22K thrust. This was the other reason for the 300LR's sub-type's seperate denotion in our Ops-Specs.

The 737-400OW you speak of must be in reference to "over-water" equipped. Well, other that having a heavier OEW due to the extra HF radios and life-rafts, the only difference in these aircraft are their ability to fly "over-water" (within 162nm of land I believe) routes.

So in summation, I fail to see where your knowledge on our 737 fleet count is more accurate than mine,

Regards,

USPerf(as in performance not perfect!)Engr

usfliboi said:
You wont win this in his eyes lol give up ! Great facts btw here here!
I second that statement. And as for splitting hairs, that is 700's specialty.

428 is either going or has already gone to JAT Air, formerly Yugoslav Air Transport.
429 is currently in MIA being prepared for delivery to JAT, both aircraft were returned to the lessor (CIT Group).

usfliboi said:
what makes sense to me ( and this isnt bad news) is that we get rid of 737s and get airbus. Whats so bad about that lol . Oh yeah is this a way to chop iam legs off?
Is this your way to harass IAM Mechanics here?

PITMTC said:
I second that statement. And as for splitting hairs, that is 700's specialty.
If you look it up in Merlin it breaks it down that way.

pitguy said:
Is this your way to harass IAM Mechanics here?
No not at all . I do think this is a way for them at least to attempt to get around your contract. Wasnt trying to harrass you! Dude u guys work on my aircraft that i fly. I entrust you to ensure im safe. I respect the majority of your group. I hope that clears it up.

PITBULL says: I am here for the count....I'm taking their reputations down with me.
well then, so long.

skyflyr69 said:
PITBULL says: I am here for the count....I'm taking their reputations down with me.
well then, so long.
Its sad so sad! I would hope she doesnt look at life at work that way u know?

usfliboi said:
I respect the majority of your group.
Don't forget me. I work on those same A/C everyday...and it's a little more than just tightening a bolt, or changing out a light bulb, it's what you would call critical to the airworthiness. I work with the engineers. Just because I don’t agree with anything you write, my fellow mechanics and I go by the book each and every job we do. Even when we are pushed to hurry up, and we are, we still go by the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts