Announcement in Miami on Tuesday

OK, it's 11:02. What was the announcement?...

Yes, the suspense is killing me!

Also, the APFA stated the MIA transfer list was cleared. No numbers were given though that I have seen. Anyone know how many transfers went to MIA and what the seniority number range is?

Thanks.

Sounds like a big yawn.

NYC, Miami partner to encourage intercity trips

Tourism officials in New York City and Miami are partnering with American Airlines in the hopes of getting residents to visit each other's cities. For people who buy tickets by Thursday and plan to travel on some dates in January and February, the airline's tickets between the two cities will cost $79 each way.

NYC & Company says it will be announcing partnerships with Chicago and Los Angeles later in the week.

NYC & Company CEO George Fertitta was recently appointed by the U.S. Commerce Department to the board of the new Corporation for Travel Promotion, which is responsible for promoting travel to the U.S.

NYC & Company spokesman Chris Heywood says Fertitta is encouraging U.S. cities to take more action to help their tourism industries.

Big, earthshaking announcements usually come out of the blue and are not the subject of so much pre-announcement hype. The more hype, the less exciting the news.

Big, earthshaking announcements usually come out of the blue and are not the subject of so much pre-announcement hype. The more hype, the less exciting the news.

So let me get this right. This is the huge announcement that was supposed to be made today?