US Airways Ranks Number Two in AQR among Big Five

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways Ranks Number Two in AQR among Big Five

TEMPE (US Daily) - US Airways ranked number two among the Big Five hub-and-spoke network carriers for our performance in 2011 in the annual Airline Quality Rating (AQR), an industry benchmark that measures airline reliability and service. Domestic airlines’ ratings were the highest in this year’s report since the AQR began 22 years ago, which illustrates the industry’s focus on reliability and service excellence. US Airways’ overall AQR score has continued to improve year over year for the past 3 years, with a reduction in denied boardings driving our 2011 improvement.

The AQR is conducted by Dr. Dean Headley, associate professor of marketing at Wichita State University and Dr. Brent Bowen, professor and department head of aviation technology at Purdue University. For more than 20 years, the AQR has been an objective method for assessing airline service quality using multiple performance criteria and factors in publicly available data reported by the airlines to the Department of Transportation (DOT), including on-time performance, mishandled baggage, customer complaints and denied boarding.

I believe this report speaks well of the thousands of hard working US Airways employees who provided a quality product; especially in light of USAPA and many of its members who broke the law with their illegal job action and Permanent Injunction conviction.

Reactions: 3 people
Please show us who broke the law, who was indicted, tried, convicted and sentenced.

Oh wait you cant cause no one was.

Try again.

I believe this report speaks well of the thousands of hard working US Airways employees who provided a quality product; especially in light of USAPA and many of its members who broke the law with their illegal job action and Permanent Injunction conviction.

maybe you should rephrase that to despite the company treating the employees as a number and a necessary evil

Thats just great results for our "team". One member of which learned that as a 23 year FO he is under paid by a Delta 12 year FO by 78 % . Thats just great !

US Airways East pilots were offered a 17% pay raise in the company's joint contract economic opener and Lyle Hogg told me the Board authorized him to provide the pilots another 3% raise in response to the union's counter over 4 years ago. In addition, former East MEC Chairman Jack Stephan testified in federal court that he had informal conversations with management where the joint contract could have pay increases 7% to 10% over West rates, which would be an East increase of 21% to 24%. Combine that with the time value loss of money by being stuck on bankruptcy era wages, because USAPA in TA'ed about 85% of the joint contract negotiated by ALPA, when the upstart union won the representation election and the economic loss created by USAPA's UELs is even greater.

Furthermore, the JNC and Company had agreed that the contract duration would be 3 years. If USAPA had closed the deal the pilots would be negotiating their second post merger contract like US Airways' Dispatchers and 3 other unions. Now USAPA's "all rookie" NAC has the pilot's contract negotiations "parked" by the NMB, which could happen to the F/As too.

US Airways East pilots were offered a 17% pay raise in the company's joint contract economic opener and Lyle Hogg told me the Board authorized him to provide the pilots another 3% raise in response to the union's counter over 4 years ago. In addition, former East MEC Chairman Jack Stephan testified in federal court that he had informal conversations with management where the joint contract could have pay increases 7% to 10% over West rates, which would be an East increase of 21% to 24%. Combine that with the time value loss of money by being stuck on bankruptcy era wages, because USAPA in TA'ed about 85% of the joint contract negotiated by ALPA, when the upstart union won the representation election.

Furthermore, the JNC and Company had agreed that the contract duration wwould be 3 years. If USAPA had closed the deal the pilots would be negotiating their second post merger contract like US Airways' Dispatchers and 3 other unions. Now USAPA's "all rookie" NAC has the pilot's contract negotiations "parked" by the NMB, which could happen to the F/A's too.

I'm not a pilot and couldn't give a rat's behind what raise you got offered or not, so what did you do decide to turn this into yet another pilot pi**ing contest before move2mowdougs yard could do it for you?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not a pilot and couldn't give a rat's behind what raise you got offered or not, so what did you do decide to turn this into yet another pilot pi**ing contest before movetomowdougs yard could do it for you?

I did not turn this into "yet another pilot pi**ing contest." My points are simple. US Aiways' employees, except those pilots who created the Permanent Injunction, did a great job operating the airline. The Tempe-based carrier outperformed American Airlines, Continental Airlines, and United Airlines. And, USAPA cost the pilots money once again by disrupting the operation and driving up costs, which reduced profit sharing payments not only for the pilots, but for about 25,000 other employees too.

This was clearly noted by US Airways’ Executive Vice President Corporate and Government Affairs Steve Johnson.

Click here to read more about Johnson's comments.

Reactions: 2 people
Still waiting!

Please show us who broke the law, who was indicted, tried, convicted and sentenced.

Oh wait you cant cause no one was.

Try again.

The East just hates when the airline does well.
Because it makes them look like fools.

They were beating their chests telling all that would listen that they were in charge and that the airline couldn't be successful without their cooperation.

And here we are with nary a peep from USAPA. They've been castigated and rendered completely impotent.