Another merger committee's breakdown of the case.

A320 Driver,

It sounds as if you are in this for your self and you're not interested in supporting the junior pilots.

I understand your personal position, but if you want a new contract and higher wages then I suggest you support the majority of the pilot group, the grass roots effort, and the coaltion of pilots led MEC, what some people call the RC4, and people like me to correct the injustice of the Nicolau Award.

The sooner we get an agreement with the America West pilots and a seniority integration method the parties can live with the sooner we can move on to joint contract discussions.

If the senior pilots in the top 423 (that are not supporting the other 4,100 pilots) want a new contract the best thing they can do is work together with the rest of the pilot group to right the wrong that has been handed down by George Nicolau.

Otherwise, the only way to get a pay raise is to go from reserve to blockholder, F/O's bid EMB-190 Captain, Group II pilots bid Group I aircraft, Group 1 piltos bid the A330, domestic pilots bid international, and wait until January 1, 2010 and January 1, 2011 for the two LOA 93 $35 million lump sum bonues that are about $23,000 for active pilots (if that is the forumla used to share the money).

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. All 3 MEC Officers, all 12 MEC Reps. and pilots politically aligned with me are in agreement on ALPA's plan of attack/action.

No he's not it's just that he understands the situation you are in. It was your reps that did this not the west. We tried in vein to work this out outside of arb. We entered mediation with the mind set of hopefully working this out. Your people never once budge off DOH. Read the transcripts please and it will become more than apparent that your pilots have been lied to by your own reps. Just read it please.

What you propose is to keep your pilots as perminate underclass. We could have f/o's over $100/hr but you are employing the same logic as your reps did, all or nothing!! Think about what you are doing, really think...

What you propose is to keep your pilots as perminate underclass. We could have f/o's over $100/hr but you are employing the same logic as your reps did, all or nothing!! Think about what you are doing, really think...

Think? You're asking a lot of the chipster.

Think? You're asking a lot of the chipster.

Maybe, however Chip seems content hurting all below him. Like I said before we could have f/o's at over $100/Right now the most east senior f/o is at 88/hr while our 6yr rate is there and even under our current contract it will surpass the AAA rates.

Money and better work rules are all that's left. Now on a real serious note, look at the current economy!! SWA got down graded just today, if this continues to drag this out we will see a turn in the economy for the worst and get crap again. We have got to get AAA off that BK contract...

I am not confusing anything. It is apparent you are and that you are in denial.

But apparently you cant comprehend US Airways not America West raised all the money for the merger. You came to the table with empty pockets.

Do I need to post how the merger happened and who arranged the financing again?

And you still did not answer my question.

Why is it that someone that dumps crap out of a toilet, for a career; even comments on pilot union stuff? Oh yeah, I forgot. Free country..and all that stuff.

Point of information. The article form the NWA Merger committee isn't completely correct. For instance the quote;

"Group 6
All US pilots on
furlough, as of
1-1-07."

is false. I was recalled from furlough in December of 2006, with a DOH of June '89. Yet, I was stapled to the bottom-making me part of group 6, not 5.

Point of information. The article form the NWA Merger committee isn't completely correct. For instance the quote;

"Group 6
All US pilots on
furlough, as of
1-1-07."

is false. I was recalled from furlough in December of 2006, with a DOH of June '89. Yet, I was stapled to the bottom-making me part of group 6, not 5.

Understood but I think we can get the general idea of the breakdown.

Funny if you were not in dire straights why was doogie needing a loan that the banks said yes too then said no to and then went to the ATSB to get money?

Don't let the facts get in your way.

And don't let raw emotion tainted by union-goon rhetoric get in your way,either. <_<

Jack,

Just to clear up a huge misconception about the financial state of AWA at the time of merger.

AWA had come off of two consecutive profitable quarters. The one just prior to the announcement AWA had the highest profit ever in it's 23yr history. We had 500 million in the bank at the time and although not a large amount by big air carrier standards we were at that time not a really big carrier. DP said just what he had to say to get the regulators on board to sign off on this deal. Now I am certain that many on this forum can look up the SEC information on AWA's status at that time.

You know this post just shows how truly out of touch with reality you are... and by the way it is "inflame" not inflam - - - ok - LOL - this just makes me laugh, but i will say it anyway... DP cannot just "say" oh our airline is in this condition; just to get something approved. AWA is a publicly traded company and the financial well being of this airline was in fact in trouble, and you would have filed for BK for the SECOND time and you probably would have been liquidated because most of your routes are very low yielding routes and people would just assume see you go away as bother with it, or someone would have purchased you... You should Thank the USAir guys - b/c you were in fact trying to run legacy style on Low Cost routes and it would never have cut it in the long run... Hopefully someday your little eyes pop open and "sense" has B*tch slapped you!!! If not you will live miserably for the rest of your career - fighting it, and living in denial... Quite sad and quite frankly it is people like yourself that brings the morale down, by your ridiculous thoughts that are spoken and typed, keep it up and you folks will drive yourself straight to BK3 and then we can hash it out all over again... only this time - you will be bowing at the feet of the airline that scoops your plane out of the desert - if they do.....

The PHL and PIT reps should do something since they, and the pilots that support them are primarily responsible for this mess to begin with. They started this DOH mantra, backed our Merger Committee into a corner and promised their constiuants a "righteous victory". Now that it has blown up in their (our) faces, they can just hold off the award by refusing a new contract.

Lovely... now we can eat LOA 93 and it's bankruptsy wages and work rules until most of us retire and the PIT and PHL reps can call THAT a victory. Meanwhile the West pilots enjoy 10% higher wages, 25% more vacation, pay 40% less for their medical benefits and enjoy profit sharing afforded them by...GUESS WHO??? THE US AIRWAYS MEC at the EAST PILOT GPOUP'S EXPENSE.

This blows.

A320 Driver :down:

Excellent Post!

I only wish other Easties could see it the way it is... Lets move on and get a REAL contract, if not the Westies will enjoy their higher payrates and benefits forever.

Maybe USA320 (ChipM) is the "minority"... Actually I sure hope so, for their own BETTER!

GL

Maybe USA320 (ChipM) is the "minority"... Actually I sure hope so, for their own BETTER!

GL

If Chip has gone to the darkside, then I don't know who could possibly be left to sing the praises of the GAG, except perhaps pilots who are bitter about loosing their pension.

i must admit I think the nwa analysis was very well written and if directionaly correct. I find it hard to see how this was reasonably fair ruling since the group could not come to terms.

Latest posts

Back