Another Vp

As us southerners say about people who just dont get it, poor 700, bless his heart !:)

You don't get it at all, I get it very much.

Zeus said:
You should stop attacking Jerry with your false information. This is the same garbage that was sent today by a local union president.

He doesn't have any type of financial relationship with his former firm.
[post="198398"][/post]​

Then how the hell did they find there way on this property??? Coincidence?

PineyBob said:
Actually I did hear from someone at CCY. But not how you think.

You need to realize that US Airways has Job classifications that exist nowhere else in commercial aviation. This IS the fault of the IAM. It is ONE of the reasons that they tried to outsource your work. Having Mechanics push back planes is featherbedding at a far worse level than ANY number of VP's hired.

And don't reply that it is ONLY like 9 Cities. Which while true they are all hub or focus cities where the MAJORITY of the flights originate from in the system. Don't BS someone who teaches the fine art of BS for a living.
[post="198426"][/post]​

Please realize readers that this individual is not an airline employee but still very interested in what goes on having management’s interested held above the employees, by far. He hates the IAM which shows in his writings. Don’t know what his deal is, but I do know that responding to him is useless and feeds whatever he has going.

Glad to see you did not answer anything poised to you, and you completely changed that topic.

And yes Bob the IAM did, lets see two rounds of concessions since 2002 for a tune of $300 million a year and now a third possibly.

You know what they say about opinions, and yours fits the definition to a T!

PineyBob said:
Concessions are NOT creative. They are the end result of failed leadership on BOTH sides.
[post="198531"][/post]​

Bob,

Concessions may not be creative, but they can be effective if coupled with competent management.

Just a thought for you to consider.....

Between 2Q02 (pre-BK1 & the height of parity + 1) and 2Q04, labor cost per ASM dropped over 1.5 cents. If management had done nothing but transfer the labor savings to the bottom line, it would have been a saving of over $200 million in each of the last two quarters. That's about breakeven for the year. 1Q04 would have had slightly less savings, but still near $200 million. Now we're talking about a decent profit for the year. Provided by the employees of this company. In this environment of high fuel and low fares.

So what happened? The concessions were largely squandered and only management knows where. Our CASM is only slightly lower than it was in 2Q02. And instead of a tidy profit, here we are in BK2.

So when you say "You employees should have done this or that" remember that we employees have already provided the wherewithal to be profitable. The employees have not failed in meeting their responsibility, management has.

Jim

It may be in the contract but I hate to tell everyone mechanics no longer push aircraft due to manpower shortages. Sure we have it in the contract but the key words are "when avaliable" and mechanics are cut so short on the gate anymore there are not avaliable.

I found this on another board ....... is it true????

"Al Hemenway former managing director of Labor Relations was promoted to VP of Labor Relations.

So now we have a SR VP of Labor Relations (Glass) , VP of Labor Relations (Hemenway), a new Managing Director of Labor Relations (Beth Holder) and a manager of Labor Relations and yet US Airways has a Consultant from ECLAT and former VP of Labor Relations (Doug McKeen) leading negotiations for ground employees.

Glass Triple Dips, he gets a salary from US Airways, then hires lawyers from Ford and Harrison (Glass' Law Firm) for arbitration cases and labor negotiations and then US does business with Glass and Associates (Consulting Firm owned by Glass).

This company just throws money away. The Judge seems to be in their back pocket. I think it's time to put the puppy to rest. Who would have ever believed that people like the Al's and Beth would be leading this company? Three people were promoted yet they still pay ECLAT Consultant Doug McKeen to lead negotiations.

If the Sr Vp, VP, managing-director and manager can't lead negotiations they need to be let go. Very sad.........." :(

deltawatch said:
Glass Triple Dips, he gets a salary from US Airways, then hires lawyers from Ford and Harrison (Glass' Law Firm) for arbitration cases and labor negotiations and then US does business with Glass and Associates (Consulting Firm owned by Glass).
[post="198648"][/post]​

Isn't that a conflict of interest?

deltawatch said:
So now we have a SR VP of Labor Relations (Glass) , VP of Labor Relations (Hemenway), a new Managing Director of Labor Relations (Beth Holder) and a manager of Labor Relations and yet US Airways has a Consultant from ECLAT and former VP of Labor Relations (Doug McKeen) leading negotiations for ground employees.
[post="198648"][/post]​

Reminds me of years ago (2.5) when I was a callow young thing (of only 56) at AA and I discovered that at DFW we had both a Manager of Operations and an Operations Manager for each terminal. I innocently asked what was the difference in duties between the two (times 3). You would have thought I had just asked what they did sexually behind closed doors. Grownup people turned their faces from me and quickly left the room never to associate with me again. :shock: :shock:
Management increases by asexual reproduction. You only need one to create two, and two can quickly create six.

jimntx said:
Reminds me of years ago (2.5) when I was a callow young thing (of only 56) at AA and I discovered that at DFW we had both a Manager of Operations and an Operations Manager for each terminal. I innocently asked what was the difference in duties between the two (times 3). You would have thought I had just asked what they did sexually behind closed doors. Grownup people turned their faces from me and quickly left the room never to associate with me again. :shock: :shock:
Management increases by asexual reproduction. You only need one to create two, and two can quickly create six.
[post="198685"][/post]​

When I worked in DFW, they had 1 supervisor for about every 4 gates. There were more supervisors than crew chiefs; I counted both lists. One good thing about Crandall was that when he was at AA he had minimum management.

Latest posts

Back