Any doubts about the TWU being a company union?

Bob Owens

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
"and Safety is American Airlines #1 concern. Thank you for keeping an eye on your industry."

Guess where this little soundbite is from? The PR Newswire? Nope. JetnetAA? Nope, its from none other than the TWUATD website and no, its not a quote from an American Airlines official, its TWU employee Linda Dills closing statement.

http://atd.twuatd.org/videolinks/
ATD Industry Update January 04 2007

I just had the displeasure of watching the TWUs website video on the airline industry.

Instead of promoting workers interests and voicing the idignation that most members feel about the PUP payments to AA executives the TWU creates a puff piece that attempts to minimize the foul up in Texas that left passengers stranded for hours in a dirty airplane.

Instead of capitalizing on the opportunity to show how AAs massive headcount reductions are harming consumers they instead make excuses for the company.

Jim Littles TWU ATD is pure company unionism. A union that keeps its members silent and speaks for the company.All you have to do is look at their videos.

For those who would claim that I took the statement out of context I invite you to listen or watch the whole broadcast. Other than a statement from a trapped passenger (which was then answered with a statement from Aa management)I challenge them to find anything derogatory towards AA in the whole broadcast, in fact mainstream corporate media presented a more scathing report than the union. A real union would have emphasized that AA and other airlines have reduced headcount substantially systemwide and that means that the airlines are less able to handle any deviations to the operation. They could have stated that weaather was a factor but not the only factor. Managements decision to slash the workforce had its part.

Diverted passengers were handled more effeciently on 9-11.

They could had cited that this leaning of headcount not only results in long delays for our customers but could lead to problems with safety. They could have thrown in that a flight from BDL was diverted to JFK due to faulty maintenance by a subcontractor and that as part of AAs leaning of the operation they elimininated their in house line mechanics at BDL last year.

As you sit and watch this video remember that this is how the TWU is using your money to represent you. Tell me, do you feel this is an appropriate use of your money and do you feel that such productions further your best interests and ability to support your family?

That is pathetic company unionism at it best.

I couldn't stand to watch more than 1 minute 10secs.

Not only is that company union material, but watching her read with no outside video to view during the broadcast makes it look like a video that was actaully put together by the local high school video department instead of multi-million dollar dues collection insurance sales office. They must think that Linda Dill and the Gold TWU logo is all a viewer needs to see. Wrong, my attention span with that crap is nill.

I am not surprised about the company video, we have known for years now that the TWU is a company union. The TWU is not about promoting workers, or crusading against corporate greed. The TWU is about collecting dues and selling insurance that they have negotiated away from being a paid benefit along with explaining away company mistakes.

Well i have to admit i am impressed. If i compared w 2s with that stock clerk i would imagine her income would be larger than mine. Just a high school diploma at best with no responsibility whatsoever, if the part is not delivered on time who cares. Yep i am sure going to listen to what she has to say?????

Well i have to admit i am impressed. If i compared w 2s with that stock clerk i would imagine her income would be larger than mine. Just a high school diploma at best with no responsibility whatsoever, if the part is not delivered on time who cares. Yep i am sure going to listen to what she has to say?????
Linda dill is just being rewarded for all her help in the twu anti-AMFA videos and campain in 2003, she cashed in. I remember one video where she was walking along a Tulsa street down by the Brady, spewing the same old scripted twu rhetoric and lies. This was extremely backward to most AMT's not on the twu gravy train, as she is a stock clerk with no stake in the AMT world.

This is nothing new, as the the twu International has to recruit anyone they can find who's not in the career field to keep those AMT dues coming in. I wonder if this happened to the AA F/A's who left the twu in the 70's? Did they have stock clerks in twu International telling them how bad the APFA was?

Linda dill is just being rewarded for all her help in the twu anti-AMFA videos and campain in 2003, she cashed in.
Now she's moving on to bigger and better things per her Media update video. She is a newly appointed organizer, I guess they will get the wide-angle lens out and use phat don in her place for the next video. :shock:

Now she's moving on to bigger and better things per her Media update video. She is a newly appointed organizer, I guess they will get the wide-angle lens out and use phat don in her place for the next video. :shock:
Jeezus, organizer for who? I guess they can make a third attempt at CAL rampers, or the card dealers in Vegas. :rolleyes: Along with the wide angle lens, they will have to increase the food and booze budget x3 for phat don. "Videos make me hungry Uncle Jimmy".... :huh:

I see you clowns have fallen to a new low.

"Picking on a woman?"

I have had the opportunity to meet this very nice lady and she is a strong advocate for women in aviation, and you complain because she is a Stock clerk. So what! I as many view her only as a dedicated member of our union.

"The contempt is visable!"

You clowns must have had an older sister who locked you in a closet for playing with her dolls, or playing dress-up with her clothes and makeup.

I see you clowns have fallen to a new low.

"Picking on a woman?"

I have had the opportunity to meet this very nice lady and she is a strong advocate for women in aviation, and you complain because she is a Stock clerk. So what! I as many view her only as a dedicated member of our union.

"The contempt is visable!"

You clowns must have had an older sister who locked you in a closet for playing with her dolls, or playing dress-up with her clothes and makeup.
If anyone would know about "new lows" it would be you and your worthless company union. You really don't want to debate that subject do you goober? I think not. Not living in Tulsa you surely don't.

She threw herself into the fray with her twu rhetoric, and her unelected position in the twu International. She has no business or say in my career. She constantly spoke against a union for mechanics and a about a title group which she doesn't belong to. Just like the majority of the twu International unelected. It's not about her being a women, or how dedicated she is. Stop the moronic attempt to make it personal.

It's about representation, or severe lack there of with the twu. Pilots and F/A's don't and should not have stock clecks or rampers representing their intrests. For good reason, they can't really relate.