APA assails AMR exec's 'publicity stunt'

JustPlaneNews is maintained by a US Airways Fleet service agent, his a really nice guy and has had this web page for years. I cant see him doing anything to hurt anyone's computer.
Yes, you are correct. I cannot see anyone doing anything like that, except for the right amount of money. Not accusing anyone just saying it is possible.

Over the next 5-6 years (nominal time for integration and large route system changes) close to 2000 pilots of the combined lists reach mandatory retirement. Now if this talk was occurring 10 years year, I'd say avoid it like the Black Plague, but the situation today greatly mitigates the biggest fear of any pilot group that the pilots of airline X will take over the widebody flying of airline Y. LCC has it's own widebody flying and most pilots on both sides flying them will be retiring shortly.
AA has seen about 1,000 early retirements from 2008-2011, leaving relatively few mandatory retirements on the horizon at AA for the next several years. Here are the numbers from the APA (repeated on the airlinepilotcentral.com site):

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/01/461-american-airlines-pilots-r.html

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy/american.html

Of course, the incentives included the lump sum option for the A plan plus the lookback period for the B plan. As a result, AA's pilots are probably younger, as a group, than the US pilots (US East pilots, as US West are much younger than East or AA).

JustPlaneNews is maintained by a US Airways Fleet service agent, his a really nice guy and has had this web page for years. I cant see him doing anything to hurt anyone's computer.
According to Google:

If you're the administrator of a site we've identified with this warning message, learn how webmasters can fix this issue. Note that in some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
His site may have become infected without him doing anything to cause it.

AA has seen about 1,000 early retirements from 2008-2011, leaving relatively few mandatory retirements on the horizon at AA for the next several years. Here are the numbers from the APA (repeated on the airlinepilotcentral.com site):

The front loaded numbers are for USairways. AA kicks in near toward the 5 year point and never lets up.

FFCA, didn't you hear???????????

LCC is promising the AA pilots will still get their $1,000,000+ retirement checks!

It wouldn't surprise me. After having seen what ol' Douggie Parker tried to pull during Delta's bankruptcy I hold the opinion that he is a snake in the grass.

To Mach85ER: Nice name calling. Do you have anything else to offer? Perhaps an opinion about why you think AA pilots would make out okay if their airline is bought out of bankruptcy? Let's be intellectually honest about this and not call it a "merger". Because it wouldn't be.

these
It wouldn't surprise me. After having seen what ol' Douggie Parker tried to pull during Delta's bankruptcy I hold the opinion that he is a snake in the grass.

To Mach85ER: Nice name calling. Do you have anything else to offer? Perhaps an opinion about why you think AA pilots would make out okay if their airline is bought out of bankruptcy? Let's be intellectually honest about this and not call it a "merger". Because it wouldn't be.

Because the AA pilots have the numbers and Horton and Douggie both know that if they don't get the AA pilots onboard, the surviving entity will be at best, a dysfunctional operation worthy of the worst days of Aeroflot or at worst, an airplane parking lot with a wildcat strike where everybody loses.

I offered the reason why I think it's a possibility due to the future retirement numbers. The squealing AMR has done in the last few days through it's politician toadies, "Dont mess with American Airlines", the "leaked" email from the VP of Flight (A B.S. move and lie), and George Will suddenly showing up in Horton's office and writing a pilot slam piece of hack work that attempts to divert the attention to pilot salaries tells my nose that something is seriously up. I would laugh at the issue if these related issues weren't occurring.

What I think is happening is Horton and Brundage thought they had everyone pinned on the mat with a Judge in the pocket with the 1113C. Suddenly APA is playing with the neighbors pit bull and it's growling at Horton. Apparently, Horton doesn't like it. I think in poker terms, your opponent has let his guard down and signaled that he really doesn't have the cards he's been bluffing with.

Then again i could be wrong :blink:

Latest posts