APA, USAPA and the Ghost of TWA

700UW said:
Arbitration awards just dont go away, you will see in the SLI with AA what happens.
Arbitration awards go away all the time.  A union nor a company is ever bound by a prior arbitration award if negotiated away.  That is the norm in collective bargaining.  In fact, the law already said the MOU superseded the transition agreement.  That's what USAPA was sued for and found NOT to have breached its DFR.  You need to go back to labor law school 101.

No one knows what will happen and remember the company has all ready accepted the Nic, and do you think the APA wont use that as their starting point so they dont get sued?

700UW said:
No one knows what will happen and remember the company has all ready accepted the Nic, and do you think the APA wont use that as their starting point so they dont get sued?
Clueless, learn how to dump the lavs on the 777, stick to what you know best.

snapthis said:
It was only final and binding if the East pilots agreed with the results.
No, it was binding when/if we ever got a JCBA. We didn't, we got a MOU which made all other contracts null and void. You sued, claiming the abandonment of the Nicolau award was a failure of USAPA's DFR. YOU LOST.

luvthe9 said:
Clueless, learn how to dump the lavs on the 777, stick to what you know best.
Ah when you cant refute you try and attack and insult, so mature.

And by the way I dont dump lavs anymore and havent in a while, I was on stores when I left US.

By the way all ready know how to dump a 777, I have serviced a BA 777 several times before, its just like a 767.

And by the way, if you lavs dont get dumped on an ETOPS flight it doesnt leave, job card has to be signed off and paperwork left in the cockpit for the crew, guess you dont remember the 767 diverting to BOS a few times cause of lavs not being serviced.

Can you try and come up with something new for a change?

Blew my cover?

I have no cover and if you all knew anything that job was outsourced in 2005.

Pi brat said:
No, it was binding when/if we ever got a JCBA. We didn't, we got a MOU which made all other contracts null and void. You sued, claiming the abandonment of the Nicolau award was a failure of USAPA's DFR. YOU LOST.
West pilots voted 97% in favor of getting rid of USAPA through this merger. Your union WILL NOT represent West pilots or any pilot at AA. As a matter of fact, why was it named the US Airlines Pilots Association? Did you think it would rise to the level of an actual union? Spread through the airline industry like an East infection?

I'm glad I've been a part of an organization which will outlive USAPA and helped eliminate the problem you perpetuate.

Pi brat said:
Your MOU isnt your whole CBA, your CBA isnt null and void it remains in full effect with modifications from the MOU.

You certainly dont know how labor law works under the RLA.

700UW said:
Your MOU isnt your whole CBA, your CBA isnt null and void it remains in full effect with modifications from the MOU.

You certainly dont know how labor law works under the RLA.
As per the MOU, the pilot contract at the former LCC is the American contract as modified by the MOU. The adoption of the MOU also rendered all past contracts, agreements, etc null and void with the exception that for items which will take time to implement (requiring extensive reprogramming of computer systems, for example) will remain at the status quo.
Cheers.

You are not working under the PMAA APA CBA, you are still working under your PMUS CBA.

The MOU isnt a complete CBA, go read it again.

snapthis said:
It was only final and binding if the East pilots agreed with the results.
That's how it actually went down, but that's not how arbitration is supposed to work.  

nycbusdriver said:

Well, yes.  Exactly.

It required a new contract ratified by each side separately.  The east pilots nixed the contract, and thereby nixed Nic.
Did the Transition Agreement reserve the right of each group to approve the arbitration result?   I don't recall Section 45 - the ALPA Merger and Fragmentation Policy - as providing that right to either group.   The whole idea of binding arbitration is that when the result is rendered, it's final, and generally, the parties don't get to vote on whether to accept the result.      

I realize that the formation of USAPA and the years of foot-dragging have prevented the recognition of the Nic list by the US group that had more votes (US East pilots), but that doesn't prevent an arbitration panel from dusting it off now and using it as the foundation for merging the US Airways pilots with the AA pilots.   I don't see any law or anything else that would prevent an arbitration panel from doing just that.   

end_of_alpa said:
The FAA doesn't apply to us. reread Circuit city stores vs. Adams. Hint. Supreme Court case.
I've read Circuit City, and it is wholly irrelevant to my post that you quoted.    The FAA does not apply to employment contracts for transportation workers (like airline employees).  That case was nothing more than another spanking of the 9th Circuit that held that the FAA did not apply to any employment contracts, and the US Supreme Court overruled.    

Nothing in Circuit City holds that the FAA is inapplicable to arbitration of internal union matters, like the combination of two or more seniority lists.   The  FAA most certainly applies in this situation.   

FWAAA said:
That's how it actually went down, but that's not how arbitration is supposed to work.
Oh, c'mon now... you really think that law degree of yours makes you more knowledgeable on the topic of arbitration than a couple of shop stewards or rank & file union members?.. ;)

Back