APFA Proposes Dues Increase

Skymess

Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
NY
From the APFA hotline:
.........."We are facing a company with virtually unlimited funds, which has shown no conscience in sinking those funds into keeping employees down, with substandard wages and unreasonable scheduling. In the face of such a challenge, the Board unanimously agreed to authorize a referendum be sent to the APFA membership in early 2009 requesting an increase in APFA dues, to build our resources as we fight to regain what we’ve lost.

The proposed increase would amount to $2.50 per paycheck, while providing a “snap-backâ€￾ – a reduction of $2.00 per month – three months after a new contract is ratified. More details about the referendum dates and procedures will be announced once finalized. Watch for a letter from the APFA Board of Directors coming to your home "

I say NO. I don't believe having any more money will make them any more successful.

They've already wasted too much money with their gimmicks.

I propose an immediate $5 dollar reduction in monthly dues......and and additional $1 a month until a new contract is signed. Then a snapback to a reasonable dues assessment of $30.00 a month once the contract is in place. Get to work

Remember APFA you work for us........not the other way around.

I propose an immediate $5 dollar reduction in monthly dues......and and additional $1 a month until a new contract is signed. Then a snapback to a reasonable dues assessment of $30.00 a month once the contract is in place. Get to work

Remember APFA you work for us........not the other way around.

Sorry folks, you voted on this in April of 2003.

All I can say is " Wow ". Perhaps if the APFA would stop sending out worthless bag tags this wouldn't be necessary.

Sorry folks, you voted on this in April of 2003.

Correction......the results said we voted for it......yet, my unofficial polling came up with nobody admitting that they had voted for the past dues increase. So either.... the vote was rigged, or f/as are a bunch of liars. Either way it does not reflect well on us.

Correction......the results said we voted for it......yet, my unofficial polling came up with nobody admitting that they had voted for the past dues increase. So either.... the vote was rigged, or f/as are a bunch of liars. Either way it does not reflect well on us.

lol...that was exactly my point. The only indisputable "no" vote came from the STL base. It was due to our vote that the extension was triggered and the mangt. pressure plus the only yes voting allowed came to fruition. This was the most tainted vote I ever witnessed in 35 years of airline employment. And that says something considering I dealt with IAM "white ballot" voting.

The h**l with the APFA and the dues increase. Get us a contract and then we can talk about reducing them to around $30-$35 per month.

We should just vote to remove the APFA as our union and bring in a non pro-compAAny union from the outside!!

I will not let my frustrations with 2003 restructuring vote debacle determine my vote on this. I will review all the facts and come to a decision based on what I find and what I think will best serve me as a member.

Lets not all be so quick to cut off our nose to spite our face...

I will not let my frustrations with 2003 restructuring vote debacle determine my vote on this. I will review all the facts and come to a decision based on what I find and what I think will best serve me as a member.

Lets not all be so quick to cut off our nose to spite our face...

It has nothing to do with the restructuring agreement. Last time there was a vote for a dues increase, it was voted down.....so they voted again and surprise surprise the second vote the dues increase was approved. yet I can't find one person who said they voted for it.

All I can say is " Wow ". Perhaps if the APFA would stop sending out worthless bag tags this wouldn't be necessary.

And spending money on PR stunts like "decline or resign". I think you're all spot on in telling them to get stuffed. Let them earn their money by getting you a contract.

The h**l with the APFA and the dues increase. Get us a contract and then we can talk about reducing them to around $30-$35 per month.

We should just vote to remove the APFA as our union and bring in a non pro-compAAny union from the outside!!
easier said than done and with the strange way the RLA and NMB work, coupled with the AA FA AAmbivalence about anything that isn't in a people magazine, we could end up without representation and AA could do to us whatever they want.

easier said than done and with the strange way the RLA and NMB work, coupled with the AA FA AAmbivalence about anything that isn't in a people magazine, we could end up without representation and AA could do to us whatever they want.

I know it's a little apples and oranges, but the FAs at DL are not unionized (nor are mechanics) and I don't hear much labor discontent from them. Is DL's management that much more "trustworthy"?

I know it's a little apples and oranges, but the FAs at DL are not unionized (nor are mechanics) and I don't hear much labor discontent from them. Is DL's management that much more "trustworthy"?

In the "olden days" Delta watched other union contracts and either kept their employees at or just above the top negotiated rates. They wouldn't hire f/as from union carriers. Basically, their employees benefited from the work of the unions without the responsibilities associated with union membership.

Many of the non union opersations have employee councils that address union related issues.

Latest posts

Back