APFA runoff

The stink in "Ian's" posts is reminiscent of the nonsense posted by some of Ward's supporters who have been spewing lies and filth all over the internet and in crew lounges, and on airplanes, all over the system. I watched the debate between Ward and Glading from beginning to end, and when Ward started complaining about a campaign of "sleaze," I had to laugh.

The only sleaze in this campaign comes straight from Ward, the King of Sleaze himself.

First of all, Glading wouldn't promise anyone anything other that getting the best contract for ALL APFA FAS. ALL. Glading pledges to be inclusive vs. wAArd had already stated that he would begin his term by removing the negotiators who have already gone through training and have been working as a cohesive unit. wAArd no more cares about the membership than his own ego. Just like with the RPA, he got behind the 8 ball, TWU and APA, and then scrambled to catch up. Everything is about protecting numero uno....wAArd.
Second, no one, but no one can do anything with the Seniority Intergration Agreement. No..one...and wAArd knows this. Has your AA seniority changed in the last 4 years?? No! Remember 4 years ago when wAArd said that THB would give it away? He was lying then and he's lying now. King wAArd has not clothes this time. He has been exposed as the bold face liar that he is. Again. How anyone could vote for him is beyond any sense of crediblility or morality. He is that bAAd.
We are not here to correct wAArd's wrongs. He won't make it right. He hasn't got the backbone for it.

"Again, What did Laura tell Ms. Daniels and Mr. Hunter that got her the TWA block vote????"

There are no deals...period. Tim Hunter is my base chair and I got this straight from his mouth.

The seniority issue is over and John Ward knows this. It is unconscionable that those letters were put on his campaign website to be misconstrued and used as insinuation to secure the FEAR vote. Sleazy, sleazy.

Tim and Dixie were asking John and Laura if they would be willing to EXPLORE extended RECALL rights for the TWA AND AA F/As who have permanently dropped off the seniority list. The McCaskill bill opened the dialogue to extend (by 2 years) the recall rights of the F/As who were about to permanently drop off the list. It's a RECALL rights issue, not SENIORITY.

John Ward flat out said "NO". He would not even consider investigating possible No Cost solutions to extending recall rights so why would the furloughed TWA F/As vote for him?

The fact that Tim and Dixie kept an open mind about possibly endorsing John Ward speaks volumes about their integrity and willingness to support the candidate they feel can best lead us in negotiations with AA.

I went to the meet-and-greet with the Glading slate on Friday in STL. The room had both former TWA and active SLT F/As and NOT ONCE was there a seniority question. The former TWA F/As questions were about contract improvements in negotiations and if Glading would be WILLING to explore options for extending the recall rights of the furloughed. Explore and Promise are 2 very different things. THERE ARE NO DEALS. They just want to support the candidate who is willing to consider extending recall rights so they can have the chance to come back to the job they love. That is not a conspiracy.

I am a so-called nAAtive and have been very pleased with how Dixie and Tim have represented us as STL Chair and Vice Chair. Dixie was recalled elsewhere so Tim became Base Chair and we now have an AA Vice Chair. It's the best of both worlds in STL, EVERYONE is represented. We would not have an AA Vice Chair without the former TWA F/As voting for one. STL is moving forward as US...AA F/As, not as nAAtive and former TWA F/As.

It is about solutions and working together for a common purpose.

Based on the votes tallied for Ward and Glading in the initial 4 candidate election, John Ward only "won" DFW, IDF, SFO-I, and DCA-I. If that's not a Red Flag, I don't know what is.

The outcome of the election will probably be decided by who the Salomon and Baumert supporters vote for rather than the TWA block vote. It will also largely be determined by the nAAtives who can be bothered to vote :rolleyes:

Coop
SLT

"Again, What did Laura tell Ms. Daniels and Mr. Hunter that got her the TWA block vote????"

There are no deals...period. Tim Hunter is my base chair and I got this straight from his mouth.

The seniority issue is over and John Ward knows this. It is unconscionable that those letters were put on his campaign website to be misconstrued and used as insinuation to secure the FEAR vote. Sleazy, sleazy.

Tim and Dixie were asking John and Laura if they would be willing to EXPLORE extended RECALL rights for the TWA AND AA F/As who have permanently dropped off the seniority list. The McCaskill bill opened the dialogue to extend (by 2 years) the recall rights of the F/As who were about to permanently drop off the list. It's a RECALL rights issue, not SENIORITY.

John Ward flat out said "NO". He would not even consider investigating possible No Cost solutions to extending recall rights so why would the furloughed TWA F/As vote for him?

The fact that Tim and Dixie kept an open mind about possibly endorsing John Ward speaks volumes about their integrity and willingness to support the candidate they feel can best lead us in negotiations with AA.

I went to the meet-and-greet with the Glading slate on Friday in STL. The room had both former TWA and active SLT F/As and NOT ONCE was there a seniority question. The former TWA F/As questions were about contract improvements in negotiations and if Glading would be WILLING to explore options for extending the recall rights of the furloughed. Explore and Promise are 2 very different things. THERE ARE NO DEALS. They just want to support the candidate who is willing to consider extending recall rights so they can have the chance to come back to the job they love. That is not a conspiracy.

I am a so-called nAAtive and have been very pleased with how Dixie and Tim have represented us as STL Chair and Vice Chair. Dixie was recalled elsewhere so Tim became Base Chair and we now have an AA Vice Chair. It's the best of both worlds in STL, EVERYONE is represented. We would not have an AA Vice Chair without the former TWA F/As voting for one. STL is moving forward as US...AA F/As, not as nAAtive and former TWA F/As.

Based on the votes tallied for Ward and Glading in the initial 4 candidate election, John Ward only "won" DFW, IDF, SFO-I, and DCA-I. If that's not a Red Flag, I don't know what is.

The outcome of the election will probably be decided by who the Salomon and Baumert supporters vote for rather than the TWA block vote. It will also largely be determined by the nAAtives who can be bothered to vote :rolleyes:

Coop
SLT

Good to hear from you Coop. Wise words from a wise woman. Inclusion is the way to success. Coop should know, she is a living example of the fruits of "combined is better and stronger than divided".

Coop
SLT

Nice report...

How do you think Tommie won the last election? TWA block voted for her.

John may not win the run-off, why, because TWA will block vote for Laura.

If AA buys another carrier, will you give TWA their seniority? With the new law, any new f/a's will get
their date of hire bidding seniority and TWA will still be at April 10, 2001.

Laura, what did you promise the TWA Flight Attendants for their votes???
You are a moron.

Second, no one, but no one can do anything with the Seniority Intergration Agreement.
Wait a minute. If I remember correctly, THB was able to add two years of recall rights for TWA without even going to the APFA BOD’s.

In the APFA/AA contract: 16-D5,6, recall rights are five years. THB was able to get a “letter of agreement” from AA.
The AA-TWA seniority agreement isn’t even in the contract and “seniority” is up
to the APFA, so why couldn’t Laura revisit that issue???

Wait a minute. If I remember correctly, THB was able to add two years of recall rights for TWA without even going to the APFA BOD’s.

In the APFA/AA contract: 16-D5,6, recall rights are five years. THB was able to get a “letter of agreementâ€￾ from AA.
The AA-TWA seniority agreement isn’t even in the contract and “seniorityâ€￾ is up
The LOA did not cause "harm" to the active members. The only "bad" part was that ALL furloughed AA f/as should have been include. This is the exact purpose for an LOA.

In the APFA/AA contract: 16-D5,6, recall rights are five years. THB was able to get a “letter of agreementâ€￾ from AA.
The AA-TWA seniority agreement isn’t even in the contract and “seniorityâ€￾ is up

THB was able to get an LOA because it was already pretty clear to the company and the APFA that either they did something voluntarily or members of Congress were going to try to do something about it. Do it voluntarily or do it under force of law is not much of an effort by either the company or APFA.

You are right that the seniority issue "could" be revisited. So, could the pay cuts, the ridiculously short layovers and the 13-hour duty days, but that doesn't mean they will be. Have you seen a professional regarding your paranoia?

There has been a push since the RPA to extend recall rights for the F/As (ground workers have 10 year recall rights and, because they were PREPARED for the RPA, pilots secured unlimited recall rights in exchange for other concessions) but AA said there would be a price tag.

The 2 year extension was paid for with some TWA-LLC grievances against AA that were worth millions and it affects you Ian personally, NOT AT ALL. Now do you feel better?

To simplify: the TWA-LLC grievances would not have financially benefitted you in any way.
The TWA-LLC grievances were dropped in exchange for a 2 year recall extension.
This exchange does you no harm personally, professionally, or financially.

Again, do you feel better, now? Sheesh!

This is what that letter on theWardticket.com is about. Why don't you post the parts of the letter that trouble you most and I will try to explain the intent to you? If I don't know the answer, I will ask someone who does.

As much fun as it is watching people think that Tim and Dixie ride in black helicopters to go meet with the THB Secret Shadow government of Masons at APFA HDQ, it's really scary when you realize how many appear to believe it.

It seems that you might be a Ward supporter. I would like to know what makes you support him. What does he bring to the table? What are his plans and ideas for negotiations? I would like to hear reasons that do not mention THB or Glading or the BOD. What are his strengths from the past that make him the best candidate now? What can John Ward do for me as a flight attendant?

Also, read the John Nikides endorsement. That guy is definitely not on any slate's side and never has been. If you don't find that content disturbing then there is not much of a dialogue here.

Coop

SLT

Here is a good blog about JW for all his supporters

OUSTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
EX-UNION LEADER SEEKS RE-ELECTION

Monday February 12, 2008
By

St. Louis, MO – While elections loom across the nation, only one is more important to the flight attendants of American Airlines. They have begun casting their ballots for the president of the nation’s largest independent flight attendant union the Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA).

Former APFA president John Ward has thrown his hat in the ring for the coveted seat. As the incumbent in the 2004 National Officer election, he was declared president in the heated run-off election with his opponent Tommie Hutto-Blake amid false fire alarms during the ballot count; ultimately beating out Hutto-Blake by as little as five votes.

Later that year, Tommie Hutto-Blake was installed president on August 25, 2004, by unanimous resolution of the APFA Board of Directors following the close review of an August 17, 2004 letter to Ward from John H. Heaney, Chief of the Employment Standards Administration Department of Labor, Division of Enforcement. The Department of Labor had stepped in following formal DOL election complaints in March 2004. District Director of the Office of Labor-Management Standards, DOL, Kermit Perkins and Investigator Ann Woodward, validated, opened, counted and certified 16 ballots of APFA members who had been denied the right to vote on August 12, 2004. These additional counted votes brought the previously recorded tally which had been certified on March 12, 2004, to be recertified on August 27, 2004 with Hutto-Blake declared the true winner by seven (7) votes.

In a letter dated August 17, 2004 to the union, John H. Heaney, Chief, Division of Enforcement, U.S Department of Labor had stated “it is the OLMS position that APFA should immediately install candidate Tommie Hutto-Blake to the position of APFA presidentâ€. In doing so, Chief Heaney’s letter further states it would remedy the violations that occurred during the runoff elections giving APFA an August 26, 2004 deadline.

Other issues have surrounded the ex-union leader and candidate in the past. In 2004, Mr. Ward was also brought up on charges of improperly terminating an APFA staff employee without the knowledge and approval of the Executive Committee; a violation of the union constitution and policy upheld by arbitrator Francis Quinn. “The actions surrounding the termination of (said staff member) have all the appearances of arbitrary and capricious political retaliationsâ€. Mr. Quinn further stated “The claim that he (Mr. Ward) did not act intentionally or that there was ignorance of the contractual mandate is without meritâ€.

“It’s time we unite, bring about change and restore our credibility as a unionâ€, stated Toni Delia. Delia a furloughed flight attendant recently assisted in spearheading a grassroots effort to extend the recall rights of those currently laid off. “I am casting my vote for Laura Gladingâ€, she stated.

Mr. Ward’s opponent is long time trade unionist Laura Glading who joined him in the run-off after last month’s primary. The successor to the current president will undoubtedly have their hands full as union members are demanding pay increases and better working conditions. American’s flight attendants suffered huge pay cuts, furloughs and reduction in benefits in 2003 through a restructuring agreement signed by Mr. Ward and the airline which is now in Federal court over the voting approval process of that agreement.

Nearly 19,000 flight attendants will be waiting in the wings to see who their next union leader will be as ballots are counted on February 26, 2008.

Monday February 12, 2008
By

St. Louis, MO – While elections loom across the nation, only one is more important to the flight attendants of American Airlines. They have begun casting their ballots for the president of the nation’s largest independent flight attendant union the Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA).

Former APFA president John Ward has thrown his hat in the ring for the coveted seat. As the incumbent in the 2004 National Officer election, he was declared president in the heated run-off election with his opponent Tommie Hutto-Blake amid false fire alarms during the ballot count; ultimately beating out Hutto-Blake by as little as five votes.

Later that year, Tommie Hutto-Blake was installed president on August 25, 2004, by unanimous resolution of the APFA Board of Directors following the close review of an August 17, 2004 letter to Ward from John H. Heaney, Chief of the Employment Standards Administration Department of Labor, Division of Enforcement. The Department of Labor had stepped in following formal DOL election complaints in March 2004. District Director of the Office of Labor-Management Standards, DOL, Kermit Perkins and Investigator Ann Woodward, validated, opened, counted and certified 16 ballots of APFA members who had been denied the right to vote on August 12, 2004. These additional counted votes brought the previously recorded tally which had been certified on March 12, 2004, to be recertified on August 27, 2004 with Hutto-Blake declared the true winner by seven (7) votes.

In a letter dated August 17, 2004 to the union, John H. Heaney, Chief, Division of Enforcement, U.S Department of Labor had stated “it is the OLMS position that APFA should immediately install candidate Tommie Hutto-Blake to the position of APFA presidentâ€. In doing so, Chief Heaney’s letter further states it would remedy the violations that occurred during the runoff elections giving APFA an August 26, 2004 deadline.

Other issues have surrounded the ex-union leader and candidate in the past. In 2004, Mr. Ward was also brought up on charges of improperly terminating an APFA staff employee without the knowledge and approval of the Executive Committee; a violation of the union constitution and policy upheld by arbitrator Francis Quinn. “The actions surrounding the termination of (said staff member) have all the appearances of arbitrary and capricious political retaliationsâ€. Mr. Quinn further stated “The claim that he (Mr. Ward) did not act intentionally or that there was ignorance of the contractual mandate is without meritâ€.

“It’s time we unite, bring about change and restore our credibility as a unionâ€, stated Toni Delia. Delia a furloughed flight attendant recently assisted in spearheading a grassroots effort to extend the recall rights of those currently laid off. “I am casting my vote for Laura Gladingâ€, she stated.

Mr. Ward’s opponent is long time trade unionist Laura Glading who joined him in the run-off after last month’s primary. The successor to the current president will undoubtedly have their hands full as union members are demanding pay increases and better working conditions. American’s flight attendants suffered huge pay cuts, furloughs and reduction in benefits in 2003 through a restructuring agreement signed by Mr. Ward and the airline which is now in Federal court over the voting approval process of that agreement.

Nearly 19,000 flight attendants will be waiting in the wings to see who their next union leader will be as ballots are counted on February 26, 2008.

Monday February 12, 2008
By

EXCELLENT ARTICLE - CHARACTER OF THIS INDIVIDUAL SPEAKS LOUDLY

Latest posts

Back