Are you ready to fight , or is all well at Delta ?

Yoyo:
Your link to the FBI file is no more relevant to Delta Air Lines than Leo Mullin is. Oh, were you around when Leo strong-armed DAL? Please, please, please get me the mob in here so we can do a little strong-arming ourselves when it comes to our pay checks! Our current CEO states that Delta's greatest asset is the people. He is truly correct because we are resources that can be tapped without negotiation whenever the going gets tough.............but not for long!

Yes, I was around, had my fair share of skydeli and DLExpress bricks, I left a lot of sweat in the bins of our old 737-200, I even had the opportunity to work the friggin MD-11 dogs before they thankfully retired them. All I'm saying is the obvious, the grass is not always greener on the other side! What Leo and his cronies did was out right f*****p, but that is behind us and it is time to move on, make DL the best. If we get a union, so be it, I would much rather spend those 25 bucks every check on something I'll use, like beer.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
I wonder WHY DL is spinning off traditional DL Ramp, to it's new subsidiary so fast ??

It MUST be for the GOOD of the Employees....RIGHT ??????

NHBB,

DGS is not taking over DL ramp jobs, it takes whatever ramp contracts are out for bid DL or OA, which were already outsourced. It seems that DGS is picking up a lot of OA contracts, and that's why you hear the name a lot, but I believe it's biggest costumers are CO and UAX.

If you were unionized DL would have had to by law sit down and negotiate concessions, but you are not and DL did whatever they wanted too, to all the non-union employees.

Look at the Pilots deal, better than anyone else at DL, why?

Because they are unionized.

If you were unionized DL would have had to by law sit down and negotiate concessions, but you are not and DL did whatever they wanted too, to all the non-union employees.

Look at the Pilots deal, better than anyone else at DL, why?

Because they are unionized.

Ok I understand the desire for a union but if it accomplishes very little in terms of competitive pay what is the point.

Look at US, where you work judging by the avatar.

The pilots, ramp, and customer service are not in some throne in the sky driving a rolls royces.

The union motto has done nothing to fundamentally alter reality, in terms of business environment or management tactics.

Bottom line a union brings a diffferent set of hassles and talks as savvy as a politician and/or manager.

I have yet to see any comparison financially that union pay rates in any division are a windfall to anybody similar at Delta. Union carriers face the same problems as nonunion with outsourcing, base closures, higher workloads.

All we hear is unions can save us but they have not demonstrated any thing that tells me they have any silver bullet.

Hmm question for you kitty , if the other unions at the other major carriers went away today what do you think would happen to this industry pay your company keeps referring to ?

Also what if your workers at delta didn’t LIKE the pay they were getting now , how do you go about getting a raise over there ? If your boss thinks your doing a good job do you get a raise?