ATA 757s

AlleghenyVista

Advanced
Nov 30, 2006
Does anyone know what the tail numbers are of the ex ATA 757 ETOPS aircraft we have? I think its 203-205, but not sure.

I know we were looking at the 6 757-200s that ATA had when they currently went under. Does anyone know anything more on those?

There's also the Eos 757s, at least two of which used to to be in the ATA fleet.

While only a handful, this must be the most 757s that leasing companies have had available for quite a while. Maybe a good time for a lease bargain!

There's also the Eos 757s, at least two of which used to to be in the ATA fleet.

While only a handful, this must be the most 757s that leasing companies have had available for quite a while. Maybe a good time for a lease bargain!

Fedex is looking to acquire approx 100 757's for conversion to freightors and is willing to pay full price for them. They will probalby end up with a mix of RR and PW powered birds because of aircraft avialibulity. I think they have about 5 or 6 so far being converted, three of which are ex US. I believe they have made arrangements to acquire around 14-15 more currently in service with different carriers, including US when leases expire. Note these are not US's old ex Eastern birds and US wanted to renew the leases but not at the prices Fedex was willing to, so they got them.

Point of my reply. There will be no bargain leases on 757's untill Fedex has their 100 or so aircraft, and while it is not imposible that US acquires a few of the ex ATA 757's now on the market they will probably all end up with Fedex !

Regards

LGA777

Given their demand, it's surprising that they are not already working for someone else. I'm sure the leasing companies are anxious to see additional return on their investment.

Wasn't it DHL that took many of British Airways' original 757s.

I know we were looking at the 6 757-200s that ATA had when they currently went under. Does anyone know anything more on those?

Can't we find something smaller than a 757. US Airways ALWAYS manages to find the littlest airplanes to do anything. If only we could get Embraer to put long range tanks on their 145's we could then again be first in the littlest airliners across the pond. And then they could start contracting out those pilot jobs, too.

@NYCBusDriver

Please stop giving the sandcastle ideas they believe are viable! :blink:

You actually believe that Sandcastle needs ideas from here? They do rather an exceptional job screwing anything and everything they do All By Themselves.
[/qu

BuffaloJoe:

Point taken! Thanks for the providing that "Red Pill". NYCBus please except my apologies.