ATTENTION RESERVE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS (and BH's too...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VAflyGal

Have we had enough yet?
The East flight attendants are paid more per hour than the west flight attendants...
The West flight attendants get richer DH pay, training pay, and vacation than East flight attendants...

Parker says that it almost "evens out" and refuses to give an increase to one side or the other because it won't be condusive to a single agreement.

Did you know that every single other labor group has had a single agreement EXCEPT flight attendants and pilots?

We all know that the pilots are going to go on for YEARS embroiled in the seniority battle, and they will likely not get a single agreement for years to come. It's my understanding that much of why the flight attendants are waiting is because our group wants to see what pilots get, and for "me too" reasons. While I think that might have been a good idea in years past, it seems our stalled negotiations process is only contributing to further decline in morale... continued low pay, continued horrible reserve conditions, etc.

Have YOU had enough yet?

8 out of 13 dates that were set for company / AFA negotiations were canceled by AFA to be used as "internal caucus" dates. Can someone please tell us why the caucus wasn't scheduled for another day, so the set dates for company negotiations could be used to move us forward?!?!...

Have YOU had enough yet???

Are you tired of giving up your days off to pick up trips in attempt to make ends meet after you have sat around on RSV for days without being called? Are you tired of stalking option 18, option 44 in Catcrew to see if you are going to be daily's next victim? Are you tired of constantly being exposed to passengers' anger after they have been nickeled and dimed to death for bag charge this, fuel charge that, snack charge this, napsack change that???

I know that times are tough and times are 'a changin' and we have to keep a competitive business model etc, but HAVE YOU HAD ENOUGH YET?

Yes?.....

So what are you doing about it? What are YOU doing to be part of the SOLUTION rather than part of the problem? Griping on the jumpseat isn't going to do anything but continue the negativity... Spouting off on this board is a good forum, but does nothing to UNITE US IN OUR CAUSE...

It's time to MOVE ON. It's time to MOVE FORWARD. It's time to SUPPORT OURSELVES in SHOWING SOLIDARITY for our cause. We want a contract, NOW. We DESERVE better pay and working conditions, NOW. We have had enough, NOW.

PLEASE COME to the Reserve Meeting in Charlotte next Monday at 10AM. Please come and listen and watch, and learn. SHOWING UP shows you care. It's time to take an active approach in our future. We want our voices heard. SPEAK UP and SHOW UP.

DO SOMETHING!
In Solidarity...

Folks this will be the new AFA labor thread. AFA labor issues go here. Again a reminder labor threads are to only be started by moderators so that we may avoid dupe topics. Thanks.

I wish you all the Best you truly need to stand up for many things. Starting with your working conditions,health issues ,pay,sick time,etc etc. You have heard it here over and over its so bad to see what and were we are all headed. I would go to the meeting but can not leave California sick .............70/30. So you guys I hope that there is a good showing. Why don't you all stop the CLUSTER and have a meeting in Philadelphia I can assure you that people will go.....Anyway just a thought would love to see Lisa in Philadelphia...............

Well I am hearing at the meeting the questions have to be submitted in writing. What is this meeting? A special meeting of Council 89? A Regular Meeting? What are the rules? I don't see agenda items posted.

Well I am hearing at the meeting the questions have to be submitted in writing. What is this meeting? A special meeting of Council 89? A Regular Meeting? What are the rules? I don't see agenda items posted.
Like I said previously, this meeting is pointless, other than for the usual flight attendant venting.

1. The Company is not going to change anything for reserves outside of a new contract. Doug even stated that in yesterdays new Crew News session in PHX. The AFA knows this, and has reiterated it countless times.

2. Mike, Carol, and the rest of the JNC should already have a CRYSTAL clear picture of what flight attendants will and won't accept in a new contract. Our JNC/ MEC should be especially clear on the reserve section, as we bombard them constantly with how miserable this system is to live on.

3. Aside from the usual personal horror stories that will be told ad nauseum at this meeting (I can't see my family, can't live on 73 hours, LTO is unfair, etc), the only thing that I would like to find out is if Mike and Lisa are now working together. Doug did mention that during the last 8 or so negotiation meetings set between AFA and the Company, AFA was too busy to meet with the Company: they were still trying to "iron out" differences in ideas between East and West AFA. I would like to ask them if this has finally been settled, and if they are truly ready to negotiate and get us a contract we can SURVIVE on. Enough is enough.

4. I was happy to hear DP say that he is more than willing to move on without the Pilots, and secure a FA contract. Time to buck up, and leave the pilots behind. Tired of hiding behind the 'me too' clauses; they offer us no more protection than a clear, concise contract with SPECIFIC language would. Time for us to learn to sign ourselves into our hotel rooms, and to understand duty time limitations. Time for some (notice I said some, so don't kill me!) transcon turns, etc, for those of us that do not want to spend our lives in a hotel. Time to be able to calculate when we go illegal, all by ourselves.

Let's move. This is beyond ridiculous.

Here we go again. You guys are bound and determined to leap before you look. Even if we built in all the protections we have now, they don't respect contractual language. That is a proven fact. Wasting my fingers trying to get that through to you.
Look over at AA. My friends trip got jacked up the other day waiting on his pilots. They pulled them off, sent them on another turn and bye bye the rest of his trip. I think they have some "makeup" board they go on to get the time back. Oh yeah....same at UAL. Go right on ahead but I will be here laughing my butt off when your trip gets scattered smothered and split for the cockpit crew running late. You will think your working at The Waffle House, it will be a regular occurrence....esp at USAIRWAYS.

I suspect that the unfortunate truth for reserves is, that regardless of whatever lip service you are provided, you will continue to be thrown under the bus by lineholders and the company. Why? Because you make up only 20-30% of the electorate and everyone knows that.

I am not suggesting that you not try to improve your situation. I am merely suggesting that you remember that so you are not surprised when you have tire marks on your back when all is said and done.

OK Morons- Lisa is an Angel & Mike F is the greatest guy in the world... and you are all the best paid...............Read between the lines. They are going to control this meeting like virgins at the National Convention. Your questions and answers have to be submitted in writing? why................My first question would be wwwwwhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy do I live this way? And separating from the pilots is the stupidest I have ever heard. Talk about rotating Reserve it STINKS. Lisa is lucky that she is not rubbed out talk about the lack of respect........Whoa is me, I certainly will never regret my time in the Union. Great memories even with Laura deal thats ...just it its over. We fought I lost but I am still standing!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree 10000% with what Itestwell said. If the union doesn't know our issues by now we're really screwed. The company IS NOT CHANGING ANYTHING outside of joint negotiations! ! ! ! Why waste your time going to a meeting to tell Mike, Lisa and the rest that your "Mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore". Until you decide to walk off the property YES you will my dears. I mean calling the union and venting daily is pointless at this stage of the game when it comes to a contractual issue you don't like. Save the minutes on your phone. Now as for the pilots.....I know the fears of splitting. I'm not a true fan of it but are YOU willing to wait for a joint contract with all the "me-scared-too" items or for NASA to colonize Mars first? I mean really......it will be FOREEEEEEEEEEEEVER. The company has no regard now for the contract and CAN and WILL violate it only for you to grieve it. Something has to give here and trying to nonrev to CLT for a pointless meeting and sitting around waiting for pilots to get along isn't on the agenda IMO. :rolleyes:

4. I was happy to hear DP say that he is more than willing to move on without the Pilots, and secure a FA contract. Time to buck up, and leave the pilots behind. Tired of hiding behind the 'me too' clauses; they offer us no more protection than a clear, concise contract with SPECIFIC language would. Time for us to learn to sign ourselves into our hotel rooms, and to understand duty time limitations. Time for some (notice I said some, so don't kill me!) transcon turns, etc, for those of us that do not want to spend our lives in a hotel. Time to be able to calculate when we go illegal, all by ourselves.

Let's move. This is beyond ridiculous.
Well put. Clearly, the less now contingent on the pilots' debacle the better for everyone.

...............Read between the lines they are going to control this meeting like virgins at the National Convention Your questions and answers have to be submitted in writing................
Well then, all the better to go and stir it up a little, yes?

Here we go again. You guys are bound and determined to leap before you look. Even if we built in all the protections we have now, they don't respect contractual language. That is a proven fact. Wasting my fingers trying to get that through to you.
Look over at AA. My friends trip got jacked up the other day waiting on his pilots. They pulled them off, sent them on another turn and bye bye the rest of his trip. I think they have some "makeup" board they go on to get the time back. Oh yeah....same at UAL. Go right on ahead but I will be here laughing my butt off when your trip gets scattered smothered and split for the cockpit crew running late. You will think your working at The Waffle House, it will be a regular occurrence....esp at USAIRWAYS.

I'm sorry but that's the Flight Attendant's fault if they are not pay protected after they start a trip. At my former airline and current airline, if a line holder starts a trip and it's chopped up for whatever reason, you are fully pay protected even if you work 1 hour of a 40 hour 4 day trip. By staying and attaching yourselves with the Pilot's, your trip's are lower time, you have to work more on average, and have to wait for the Pilot's on ever single aspect. If I worked for US, I would not be willing to wait another few year's to stay attached to there hip's.

Even if my airline didn't offer full pay protection for a initated trip, I would rather have to make up the time or not at all since our trip's are so high time. I can't imagine having to work a 4-day trip and only getting in 15-20 hour's. When I can have a contract that benefit's my work group and work 25-40 hour's in 4-day's and have more time off, but to each there own I guess.

I absolutely understand the fear many f/a's have in regard to seperating from the pilots but at this stage of the game it seriously needs to be visited. I'm no fan of splitting if for no other reason than good CRM. Even if we do wait for the pilots to iron out their sections that we can "me too" into our contract the new contract will be nothing more than a hodge podge mix of crap from past contracts mixed with what items are kept from America West's prior f/a contract. Ya see, there is absolutely NO innovation or "NEW" thinking in these negotiations. It's same old same old. I respect 1000 percent the work that goes into trying to hammer out a contract. Certainly when your dealing with this company. It's tireless, thankless and exhausting to say the least. That said, I wish this new contract would have been a fresh start for all. Waiting for the pilots to iron our their understandable differences could quite possibly take a few years. You need to ask yourself if your willing to work under this current contract without ANY improvements to keep a few "me too" contractual items. It's time to negotiate a contract for our union members BY our union on their own. It CAN be done but again it goes back to the negotiatiors and convincing your members to allow change and think fresh. I don't see ANY of this happening and certainly nothing will come to pass crying at a union meeting in CLT. Sorry. :rolleyes:

We are not in Section 6 here guys. These are merged agreement negotiations. You are suppose to take the west side or the east side or blend the two together. You can't just MAKE something up, that is Section 6 which again WE ARE NOT IN. That said the systems are so apples and oranges there is room to wiggle. AFA must not have communicated this effectively to the group.

Ok well section 6 it isnt. That said, seperate from the pilots, negotiate the provisions to protect your membership from possible contract violations by clear/clean cut wording. All the worries and possible scenarios that could come to pass by splitting you hammer out and negotiate it. In the eyes of the company staying with the pilots is a big bargaining chip NO?

How can Rotating Reserve stink? I will tell you all what I think stinks! 24 hour Reserve, LTO, only 11 guarnateed days off, having to pick ETB on most days off to make ends meet, having BH brag in my face about flying 120 hrs a month company time. Yea, yea, yea you have heard it all and the Reserves need to stop whining! I have sent my share of emails. We haven't hired since the Ice Age, so what would it matter if we had rotating reserve? There is no movement here and we deserve a better quality of life! Those of you with 40 years have never been on an electronic leash with this company for a period of 6 days straight. Research Delta's "A" Day system. Everyone gets trips, and up to a certain seniority has 3-6 "A" days a month. They can drop these days or put them into open time for people to pick up.
I also think our 1980's bid system, and paying $9.95 a month in order to see my scheldule at home stinks as well. Where is our point and click 21st century Pref Bid System? Aren't you people tired of using a ruler, magnifying glass, and set of highlighters to figure out what schedule you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back