Check out my reserve flight attendant blog...

FlightChic

Veteran
Feb 18, 2007
If you are a reserve flight attendant or if you want to support our flight attendant reserves, please visit my blog.

http://reservesdeservebetter.blogspot.com/

I would love to hear any comments you all may have!

I just started it a few days ago after a phone call I had with scheduling and a few other things that made me mad. I am going to document everything that happens while I am on duty. I will later do more with it like ad videos and stuff. For now it is simple. Our Union and company HAVE to know that we are serious when we say we need a change. I will send it to them both later once I get more things on it, even though some reps are already on here now. That's fine.

If you are a blockholder - please, please do not think I am bashing blockholders. I am not. I fly with many wonderful flight attendants who hold blocks. We just need a change for our reserve system, something that works for reserves as well as blockholders and is equitable to all.

Awesome! Enough is enough. Its time to get a discussion going, get unified as a group, and pressure the union into looking out for us. I'm tired of being a scraps licker for blockholdaers. Thats not what reserves are for. Our biased staffing model and contract creates an abnormally high number of reserves compared to the rest of the industry. I'm tired of being told "The membership would never vote for rotating reserve"- guess what- the membership has shown lately that they either don't vote at all or vote yes to anything.

FlightChic, this is awesome, kudos to you for creating this!

Awesome! Enough is enough. Its time to get a discussion going, get unified as a group, and pressure the union into looking out for us. I'm tired of being a scraps licker for blockholdaers. Thats not what reserves are for. Our biased staffing model and contract creates an abnormally high number of reserves compared to the rest of the industry. I'm tired of being told "The membership would never vote for rotating reserve"- guess what- the membership has shown lately that they either don't vote at all or vote yes to anything.

FlightChic, this is awesome, kudos to you for creating this!

That is so true and it is apparent from our past elections that people would vote for anything. Who would have thought that people would vote yes to cleaning planes, huge pay cuts, loss of seniority, need I go on? But guess what? They did! What cracks me up even more is that many won't even admit to voting yes. Liars! I don't see how a rotating reserve system could even compare. But then again, holding a block is like holding the Holy Grail. I remember flight attendants were more worried about our new uniforms and were basically attacking the designer. Maybe we should offer free uniform pieces and transatlantic chocolates if they vote for the rotating system. LOL! They seemed to get all excited and emotional about that even though they didn't bother to vote for union reps. On the flip side, a lot of the people on US Aviation seem to support a rotating system, so it is a start.

sky high states: Be careful. LQQK what happened to a Delta Flight Attendant with her blog: http://queenofsky.journalspace.com/

only stating opinions

OMG that is so crazy. I better go and make some changes real quick! We still need better working conditions. Thanks for the warning. BTW, did the flight attendant get fired for her picture or because of the content or both? I don't really plan on striking a pose on an airplane anytime soon. LOL!

OMG that is so crazy. I better go and make some changes real quick! We still need better working conditions. Thanks for the warning. BTW, did the flight attendant get fired for her picture or because of the content or both? I don't really plan on striking a pose on an airplane anytime soon. LOL!

sky high states: Although she didnt state WHO SHE WORKED FOR, She put PICTURES OF HERSELF, IN UNIFORM.
BAD MOVE.

http://news.com.com/I%20was%20fired%20for%..._3-5490836.html

only stating opinions

sky high states: Although she didnt state WHO SHE WORKED FOR, She put PICTURES OF HERSELF, IN UNIFORM.
BAD MOVE.

Why is posting pics of oneself a "bad move"?

Was there a union on the property? Is there something in our company manual that would prohibit such actions? Or was there a paper trail that would establish a path of warning, counseling, then discipline? If not, she should get her job back.

As long as she did not put her employer in a bad light, she should not have been fired.

Should Piedmont/PSA/USAir websites take down their pictures of flight attendants?

OK, so now I am getting paranoid. Should I take the blog down then? I don't want to lose my job over it but I would like a place for all of us reserves to vent our frustrations and to become more ogranized in our approach to getting our voices heard. I took out names but I may need to edit it again to be sure. I know I complain a lot on here but geez, I don't want get fired either. Where's that code of ethics book they sent out...I wonder if it states anything about blogging or websites or anything of that sort. I'll have to check. Maybe all of us reserves should just continue to congregate here, not that I see the difference.

Nothing like being silenced huh? The company wouldn't want you to paint a bad picture of Usairways. Honey they do juuuuuust fine on their own. While I totally support and commend you for the blog it's NOT worth the hassle if it's going to cause problems. I think many have tossed the "code of ethics/conduct" book out the window AGES ago. Or is it being used to level a table leg in my house? I don't see anything in your blog that would honestly matter to the casual viewer.

Nothing like being silenced huh? The company wouldn't want you to paint a bad picture of Usairways. Honey they do juuuuuust fine on their own. While I totally support and commend you for the blog it's NOT worth the hassle if it's going to cause problems. I think many have tossed the "code of ethics/conduct" book out the window AGES ago. Or is it being used to level a table leg in my house? I don't see anything in your blog that would honestly matter to the casual viewer.

I remember they sent me a code of ethics book while I was out on furlough and I just looked at it like "Huh? I don't work for US Airways anymore. Why are they sending me this?" I didn't think I would ever be seeing US Airways again when I got that sucker.

Why is posting pics of oneself a "bad move"?

As long as she did not put her employer in a bad light, she should not have been fired.

Should Piedmont/PSA/USAir websites take down their pictures of flight attendants?

sky high states: Her pictures were, as Delta stated, NOT appropriate. She posed rather sexy, with her top unbuttoned.....some Bra showing. Her skirt hiked up........IN A DELTA UNIFORM.

only stating opinions

OK, so now I am getting paranoid. Should I take the blog down then? I don't want to lose my job over it but I would like a place for all of us reserves to vent our frustrations and to become more ogranized in our approach to getting our voices heard. I took out names but I may need to edit it again to be sure. I know I complain a lot on here but geez, I don't want get fired either. Where's that code of ethics book they sent out...I wonder if it states anything about blogging or websites or anything of that sort. I'll have to check. Maybe all of us reserves should just continue to congregate here, not that I see the difference.
Where's the "code of ethics" book that was sent out?
It's at the bottom of DoUgIe's trash bin. :ph34r:

sky high states: Her pictures were, as Delta stated, NOT appropriate. She posed rather sexy, with her top unbuttoned.....some Bra showing. Her skirt hiked up........IN A DELTA UNIFORM.
only stating opinions

But you first implied it was simply pictures that got her into trouble. Now you are saying she posted racy pictures of herself in uniform. Heck, I see bras, hiked up skirts and tops unbuttoned all the time at US.

Since you seem to know about this, would she be in trouble for posting pictures of models in DAL uniform?

Latest posts