Check out my reserve flight attendant blog...

Okay.

I have to admit I haven't paid too much attention to this issue. In fact, I have always been glad when f/a's have left CLT to fly T/A in PHL because I end up with better flying options. It sometimes means the difference between a block or reserve for me. And a lot of other people too.

And we all detest reserve. I feel your pain. I live your pain and I've been flying for 18 years.

I am not agreeing with anything. Your posts on this subject made it seem as though you were talking about just any flight attendent being able to bid into PHL for the season. That isn't the case the temporary bid was for LODO positions only and they were allowed to bid into PHL for a start date and an end date. YES, those couple of flight attendants went to P. Kinsey and asked to remain in PHL he approved that. YES, as soon as the LEC in PHL found out they brought it to Mr Kinsey's attention that they had to go. They left. I DO NOT nor DID NOT agree with the decision to allow the LODO vacancies to open for a system bid. I think the PHL LODO's should bid it first then if there is still a shortage then you offer a seasonal system bid or better yet hire more LODO's but then again no hiring can be done until all the furloughs are brought back. So a seasonal supplemental is the only option. PHL flight attendants should absolutely be given priority. The language you need to reference is the LODO section of the contract for this situation is section 13-5.1 Which says you when filling a vacancy you have to follow the filling of the vacancies section of the contract, which the other LEC presidents said means the bid goes open system wide. FYI from my understanding M. Flores felt the same as your Mr. McMorkle but he doesn't get to vote.
[/quote
FYI im quite aware that Mike did not feel it was correct for anyone to bid into PHL and FYI I am aware that MIKE does not have a vote. I have his letter. whether it be a LODO or ANY F/A who can willy nilly transfer in and out is against contract. there is no Supplemental bidding and if there was why would they have to add a side letter to our contract? and FYI we can take the contract apart and use it the way we or the company and the union see fit. As did the other LEC presidents. MY point is and has been they allowed other F/A to come in our base with a side letter do you understand that? do you understand that changing the contract by putting in a "side letter" without notice hurts not just us as reserves but all UNION members. And if you really must quote the contract 13-5 1 states with provisions of section 18 -2 lodo vacancies that are not bid for a given domicile may be involuntarily assigned to the lodo qualified f/a with the least system seniority. FYI they never did that in PHL we have a few lodo's who were not in the program again in PHL. and FYI MIKE Flores at the PIT meeting about this issues stated that "he dropped the ball" this issue should have never happened

Okay.

I have to admit I haven't paid too much attention to this issue. In fact, I have always been glad when f/a's have left CLT to fly T/A in PHL because I end up with better flying options. It sometimes means the difference between a block or reserve for me. And a lot of other people too.

And we all detest reserve. I feel your pain. I live your pain and I've been flying for 18 years.
YOU should not be on reserve!! it is a disgrace that you have 18 years and still be on reserve. this is what we are fighting about. a rotating system such as DL
Current pay:

Start: $17.96
1 Year: $19.38 2 Years: $21.21 3 Years: $22.95 4 Years: $25.29 5 Years: $27.19
6 Years: $32.02 7 Years: $33.06 8 Years: $33.97 9 Years: $35.22 10 Years:$36.20
11 Years:$37.93 12 Years:$41.07
There is (currently) no reserve system at DL, only 3-6 Adays(reserve) per month...depending on base,seniority,need.
all we have asked over and over why cannot we have something similar? maybe for f/a who have less than 15 or 10 years. I would rather sit reserve 3 days a month than years... and to those b/h //reserve who in the winter sit reserve for months at a time what would be better? 3 days a month or 4-5 months out of the year?

These are good ideas yet I think one of the easiest solutions would be to build mixed equipment lines with the open time left over from the primary line building instead of waiting to use that time for secondary bidding. That alone would take half of the people off reserve. And some of those lines could be 50 hrs. What's left over from drops and adjustments could then be used for secondary lines. And then, take what's left over and put them on the ETB. I also think ETB should be changed to pay and credit and thus eliminate the AIL.

I'm gonna get scorched for that!

And eliminate LTO. It hurts everyone. And it's demoralizing.

These are good ideas yet I think one of the easiest solutions would be to build mixed equipment lines with the open time left over from the primary line building instead of waiting to use that time for secondary bidding. That alone would take half of the people off reserve. And some of those lines could be 50 hrs. What's left over from drops and adjustments could then be used for secondary lines. And then, take what's left over and put them on the ETB. I also think ETB should be changed to pay and credit and thus eliminate the AIL.

I'm gonna get scorched for that!

And eliminate LTO. It hurts everyone. And it's demoralizing.
I agree with you on the all that (if people only understood etb) and how it affects us it needs to be pay credit. it does not go towards FMLA it is demorilizing with all the damm rules and how it feels to be thrown a bone. i hope you wrote that in to MIKE and the phl president. we need to bombard them with phone calls and emails on what you wrote. according to MIKE he has stated that b/h would never go for it. if he would understand all we ask is for f/a under X amount of years to be on rotating reserve 3 days a month it would benefit all of us under a certain seniority. for those above X seniority they would not have to do it. i like your ideas please send them in

Hi everyone! Flightchic is here. I just updated my blog so be sure to visit it, read it and post your comments if you have any.

i would like to see 15 years and unders since those b/h res see both sides some months b/h and some reserve. they would be more receptive or even 10 years and under
Hello 21,

I was thinking 14 years because that is where we top out. Those flying longer than that are already going backwards due to the inflation rate. The main problem I see is that US reserves generally have more longevity than 14 or 15 years, so how can you expect to implement rotating reserve to an 'all reserve' group? Isn't that called LTO?

Hello 21,

I was thinking 14 years because that is where we top out. Those flying longer than that are already going backwards due to the inflation rate. The main problem I see is that US reserves generally have more longevity than 14 or 15 years, so how can you expect to implement rotating reserve to an 'all reserve' group? Isn't that called LTO?
Like i said everything would be looked at to see where it would do most good. if it is 10 or 12 I think most would go for it. LTO is so stupppppppppid i dont even want to go into it. did you know that if you fly 4 hours and 59 min it does not count towards LTO but if you sit OPR 3.30 goes into the bucket. ??? so i could be junior and get 2 trips because I sat OPR ???

Unfortunately, a year and a half from now we won't have anyone with less than ten years. Would it be the bottom ten years of the list? That would bring it to about twenty years, which is where it is now in some bases.

Unfortunately, a year and a half from now we won't have anyone with less than ten years. Would it be the bottom ten years of the list? That would bring it to about twenty years, which is where it is now in some bases.

I vote for 20 years. By the time we get a merged contract, I'll probably have in 12 years and I am junior.

Great post on your blog, very level headed and you stated your case clear and concise.

The AFA by law has to defend FAs but if overflying is a violation then they need to do something about, the CBA is the CBA and rules are the rules and need to be enforced.

Great post on your blog, very level headed and you stated your case clear and concise.

The AFA by law has to defend FAs but if overflying is a violation then they need to do something about, the CBA is the CBA and rules are the rules and need to be enforced.

Thank you! Trust me, they are NOT being enforced. The union thinks a measly overflying letter will suffice and when the company tries to really discipline overflyers the union comes running back to stop them.

Latest posts