Check out my reserve flight attendant blog...

Take the issue to Flores and tell him if they dont enforce it you will go over his head or even better yet tell him you will smack them with a Duty of Fair Representation Lawsuit (DFR).

Thank you! Trust me, they are NOT being enforced. The union thinks a measly overflying letter will suffice and when the company tries to really discipline overflyers the union comes running back to stop them.

I just got home from my first trip of the month, yes, it is the middle of the month and finally I flew a trip! I read the last 2 days of blogs. Very well put, and I hope some things really did get accomplished at the union meeting. I was on a trip so I didn't get to attend. As for overflying, On my last trip I had a flight attendant get in my face with his 18 years of seniority telling me he has to overfly to pay the bills and if he can't get good trips on the ETB, then he just trip improves his ETB trips on the bidsheet. I am shocked that trip improving off of an ETB trip is even allowed, but anyway, he showed his true colors. It all started with his question of, "How did you get this trip?" I guess I am young and only deserve to work the bottom of the barrel trips. My reply that a blockholder failed to show up made his face turn red. I hope they do start enforcing some rules soon. We all deserve a chance to fly.

I just got home from my first trip of the month, yes, it is the middle of the month and finally I flew a trip! I read the last 2 days of blogs. Very well put, and I hope some things really did get accomplished at the union meeting. I was on a trip so I didn't get to attend. As for overflying, On my last trip I had a flight attendant get in my face with his 18 years of seniority telling me he has to overfly to pay the bills and if he can't get good trips on the ETB, then he just trip improves his ETB trips on the bidsheet. I am shocked that trip improving off of an ETB trip is even allowed, but anyway, he showed his true colors. It all started with his question of, "How did you get this trip?" I guess I am young and only deserve to work the bottom of the barrel trips. My reply that a blockholder failed to show up made his face turn red. I hope they do start enforcing some rules soon. We all deserve a chance to fly.
the next time someone asks you how did you get this trip say "it was the dammest thing LIKE I WALKED BY THIS PHONE AND LIKE IT WAS RINGING RIGHT AND THEN LIKE I PICKED IT UP AND LIKE THIS PERSON SAID HEY YOU WANT TO GO TO...." and I was like yeh sure. So that is how I ended up on this trip like

Latest posts