ATTENTION RESERVE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS (and BH's too...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy you are opening up one big can of worms!

Personally, I think they should have to fly at least 1 trip from their line each month or trip improve from the AIL at their seniority if they don't like that trip. They should bid what they can hold, none of this PPO line or drop everything AFA and augment for those that hold only secondary lines.

Do I think the CLT officers are worth what they are paid-HELL NO. On any given day you can call and no one is there and you get a call back a week later, if you are lucky. I am not one that believes union work is just staffing an office and answering the phones. Union officers should be visible and available, especially for what our officers are paid. By visible I mean they should fly, be in the crew rooms, communicate vital information to the members. This shows the membership that you are actually working for us. In my opinion we do not have one single LECP that isn't self serving, and that is one scarey thought.

I never have had a problem contacting our reps in CLT. If they are out or on another line, they always call me back. Ann and Glenda both have returned calls from home if I've called after office hrs.
:)

I never have had a problem contacting our reps in CLT. If they are out or on another line, they always call me back. Ann and Glenda both have returned calls from home if I've called after office hrs.
:)
I'm happy for you. Trust me when I say they do NOT answer the phones nor do they return calls in a timely manner. I have only called twice since being displaced to CLT, neither time did I have my call answered and by the time they called back I didn't need their assistance any more. So I decided to learn my contract and legalities to take care of myself.

Wow interesting debate for sure. My pal in CLT called the AFA office on some issue and got a return voicemail 5 days later on someone else's issue! You guys need to wake up and if you don't, you are all lambs to the slaughter. Who cares what they get paid at this point? Until you wipe your AFA LEC people out and demand accountability, put a muzzle on it.

I have to agree with beachboy. I don't mean to pee on the campfire but what they get payed is the least of our worries. They need to be held accountable for the jobs they were elected to do. There are also a few between the different locals that should be ousted. Maybe next time the elections come up everyone will vote for who is RIGHT for the position instead of who your coworkers tell you is a good choice over coffee in the back galley of the A330. :rolleyes:

You misunderstood what BAJA was saying. She was trying to communicate that everyone is whoa is me but does very little. She actually stood up in the AFA Meeting and said she was for rotation. At almost 42 years I doubt she cares. If we had rotation that stopped under say 15-20 years I would be all for it! But AFA won't entertain the idea. If I misunderstood Baja smack me around like a Pinata. You set the bar with the 2000 contract and every one us us would take that back no questions.
I was also at that meeting and I truly believe she was willing to rotate. but no reserve at any of the meetings have asked for 30-40 year f/a to be a reserve. what we have asked is to do a rotating system from the most junior to the people who are reserve/b/h that would be average 15-18 years. to be on reserve 3 days a month as opposed to years or even months at a time would be a relief and an improvement on the quality of life. why Mike Flores and the rest of the gang don't want it is they are afraid it may touch them. I said it before and I am saying it again get another union and hopefully not one who is in the pocket of the company at least as far as reserves is an issue

I was also at that meeting and I truly believe she was willing to rotate. but no reserve at any of the meetings have asked for 30-40 year f/a to be a reserve. what we have asked is to do a rotating system from the most junior to the people who are reserve/b/h that would be average 15-18 years. to be on reserve 3 days a month as opposed to years or even months at a time would be a relief and an improvement on the quality of life. why Mike Flores and the rest of the gang don't want it is they are afraid it may touch them. I said it before and I am saying it again get another union and hopefully not one who is in the pocket of the company at least as far as reserves is an issue
Changing the name on the door will not fix anything, ask USAPA. Sure you can vote out AFA and vote in another union will not make one bit of difference, its your members and the leaders you elect that make the difference. The labor union umbrella you work under has nothing to do with it. If you elect officers that are ineffective, unprofessional, self-serving, and inexperienced then you get what you elect and what you pay for. If the members are not willing to stand behind those they elected, then you have a disorganized union, that's the last thing a labor union needs during negotiations. Most people when voting do not vote with common sense. They vote for a friend knowing full well they may not be the best person for the position, or they vote for the person they were told by someone, "oh I just worked with so and so and she was really nice". Please do your homework, read the information that the candidates put out, call them, interview them, look for the person that has knowledge, experience, drive and ambition, spark and fire. These people also have to have professionalism and creditability. Its fine to have a squeaky wheel screaming but if they don't know what they are talking about they are useless and ineffective.

I for one believe all of our elected officers in every base need to go. They have been sitting there collecting a full month (some bases that's 108 hours) for years and they have done nothing. They are all self-serving, can't or won't get out there and fly a trip. Unless its London (in CLT). You want a taste of our world, pick up an E-190 or 737 four day.

As far as the rotating reserve it will not work, all you want to do is put more people onto a bad system instead of trying to fix the system. Besides it will affect nearly 75% of each base, so once again it would only be protecting those at the top, the rest of us will pay the price. If I were based in PHL I would throw a fit, because I would fall into that seniority group that holds a primary from April to November and fall back to secondary in the winter, in fact I think last winter my class went on reserve for a month or two. From what I hear this winter will be even worse. If I can hold a line for 8 months out of the year, I am not going to vote to rotate myself onto reserve every 3 months or even xxx amount of days out of the month.

The problem is the industry is stagnant, no one is growing. The only thing that creates blocks/lines is flying time. If you don't have the block hours to create the lines then you don't have it. This is why you will see several hundred people going back on reserve specifically in PHL over the next 2 months. As I said if I were a PHL flight attendant I would be screaming at my AFA office because this is information that needs to be published to the members. Are they working on another VPLOA for January or the monthly LOA for January, anything to reduce the headcount? In CLT I lost my primary line for Oct., I usually do not lose the primary until January. Would of been nice for Miss Ann to publish the block hours vs our headcount so people could prepare because there will be people going back on reserve who were not expecting it. If you don't inform your members how can we make intelligent decisions that affect our lives? I'm sure some people especially those who commute would rather take a month LOA then have to sit in their base on reserve for 19 days. I feel very bad for those based in PHL because they are hit the hardest every year at this time. I don't know what the answer is to fix this but it's not a rotating reserve.

Changing the name on the door will not fix anything, ask USAPA. Sure you can vote out AFA and vote in another union will not make one bit of difference, its your members and the leaders you elect that make the difference. The labor union umbrella you work under has nothing to do with it. If you elect officers that are ineffective, unprofessional, self-serving, and inexperienced then you get what you elect and what you pay for. If the members are not willing to stand behind those they elected, then you have a disorganized union, that's the last thing a labor union needs during negotiations. Most people when voting do not vote with common sense. They vote for a friend knowing full well they may not be the best person for the position, or they vote for the person they were told by someone, "oh I just worked with so and so and she was really nice". Please do your homework, read the information that the candidates put out, call them, interview them, look for the person that has knowledge, experience, drive and ambition, spark and fire. These people also have to have professionalism and creditability. Its fine to have a squeaky wheel screaming but if they don't know what they are talking about they are useless and ineffective.

I for one believe all of our elected officers in every base need to go. They have been sitting there collecting a full month (some bases that's 108 hours) for years and they have done nothing. They are all self-serving, can't or won't get out there and fly a trip. Unless its London (in CLT). You want a taste of our world, pick up an E-190 or 737 four day.

As far as the rotating reserve it will not work, all you want to do is put more people onto a bad system instead of trying to fix the system. Besides it will affect nearly 75% of each base, so once again it would only be protecting those at the top, the rest of us will pay the price. If I were based in PHL I would throw a fit, because I would fall into that seniority group that holds a primary from April to November and fall back to secondary in the winter, in fact I think last winter my class went on reserve for a month or two. From what I hear this winter will be even worse. If I can hold a line for 8 months out of the year, I am not going to vote to rotate myself onto reserve every 3 months or even xxx amount of days out of the month.

The problem is the industry is stagnant, no one is growing. The only thing that creates blocks/lines is flying time. If you don't have the block hours to create the lines then you don't have it. This is why you will see several hundred people going back on reserve specifically in PHL over the next 2 months. As I said if I were a PHL flight attendant I would be screaming at my AFA office because this is information that needs to be published to the members. Are they working on another VPLOA for January or the monthly LOA for January, anything to reduce the headcount? In CLT I lost my primary line for Oct., I usually do not lose the primary until January. Would of been nice for Miss Ann to publish the block hours vs our headcount so people could prepare because there will be people going back on reserve who were not expecting it. If you don't inform your members how can we make intelligent decisions that affect our lives? I'm sure some people especially those who commute would rather take a month LOA then have to sit in their base on reserve for 19 days. I feel very bad for those based in PHL because they are hit the hardest every year at this time. I don't know what the answer is to fix this but it's not a rotating reserve.

I feel bad for you that you lost your block for a whole month. First of all change the union is a priority that would get rid of the people we have. 2) vote with your brains instead of "who you know ect" and if in fact it would put you on reserve 3 days a month instead of 3 months out of the year why would you oppose it? thank god i know a few people who would prefer to do 3 DAYS a month as opposed to 3 months and would vote for it. 3) How do you personally know that it would not work? if not given a chance to try at least for 6 months then this could finally be put to rest. YOU may not vote for it but many would

In Defense of the CLT afa office they do answer calls. If you do not get them in the office try the cell phones the numbers are given on the voice mails.

if they dont return your call right away ever think there are more pressing issues going on with other f/a's

In response to the need for change it starts at the top the mec prsident has to go. I reccomend anyone who supports him to pull his expense reports look at the info when he is in contract talks out west notice the quality of hotel he stays at, and its not the twin palms, notice the type of car he rents, its not an econmy car and lastly notice the food and BEVERAGE part. you will be calling for his removal after that.

o by the way a certain CLT ANNE bashing poster on here is a wife of our MEC president who happens to think she should be the afa clt local president.

can you imagine the stuff that would come out with those two in office.

STOP THE MADNESS CALL AND VOICE YOUR OPINION

I feel bad for you that you lost your block for a whole month. First of all change the union is a priority that would get rid of the people we have. 2) vote with your brains instead of "who you know ect" and if in fact it would put you on reserve 3 days a month instead of 3 months out of the year why would you oppose it? thank god i know a few people who would prefer to do 3 DAYS a month as opposed to 3 months and would vote for it. 3) How do you personally know that it would not work? if not given a chance to try at least for 6 months then this could finally e put to rest. YOU may not vote for it but many would
You don't have to vote out your union to get rid of the people we have-we as the members have the power to take out those we elected if we are not satisfied with the job WE are paying them to do. Even if you vote in a new labor union you will still have the same lame membership and the same lame people wanting an elected position and winning it. Nothing changes, except the name on the door.

Let me give you some background info on my career here at USAirways. I was based in PIT my entire career until being displaced in 2005. I was on reserve in PIT for 15 of the 17 years I was based there. Please don't talk to me as though I do not feel your pain, it wasn't until I was displaced to CLT that I held a line. I then lost my line in CLT and went on reserve here, that is when I packed it up and moved here. Again please do not speak to me as though I have no clue what I am talking about. I have probably spent more time on reserve in this company then most have been employed here. I am not trying to be mean spirited, simply pointing out that I do know what its like to spend a lifetime on reserve and then to have the comforts of a line. I am not going to take 3 steps back after it took 20+yrs to get to where I am, which isn't far from reserve in CLT again!

Absolute truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back