AWA ALPA Thread 9/28 to 10/05

Status
Not open for further replies.
That letter should've been written back in May. Prater only delayed the inevitable and exacerbated the situation by waiting this long. Still, better late than never. If I had to guess the AAA MEC isn't going to do what they're obligated to do. Their failure to serve their constituents will soon be complete. Considering how the AAA rank-and-file refused to recognize the incompetence of their leaders I certainly wouldn't trust them to choose better ones for their USAPA drive.

Yeah, they waited to find out if they were going to be voted off the island. When it became obvious they were gone, ALPA is now trying to take their ball home.

Guess you're an East hardliner who doesn't understand the English language.

How did that DOH strategy work out, smart guy?

I see now, you jump in on a topic and then change the topic to your topic. Sorry blonde it won't work this time.

For those of you not familiar this is called a "#### Slap" :jerry:

You might call it that but some of us call it a nudge.

Nudge the fence sitter off the fence.

Does it make you wonder how many cards will come in now?

Awapilotsforusapa,
I was asked to post this from my friend who is responsible for the recall resolution... Do you have a response that I can send him?

My longtime friend TRIUMPH, informed me of the USAPA (or its supposed AWA Branch) trying to use my recall as part of their platform on this webboard.

Let me be frank by saying that I am not a part of USAPA or any supposed AWA Branch of that organization. I NEVER have, and NEVER will support USAPA or any other similar organization that tries to hurt the cause of the USAirways West pilots. Any organization that wants to control both sides for the good of one is a detriment to all of us.

I have always supported my ALPA reps, committee members, and their instructions. I believe that our Merger Committee did a phenomenal job, not only in presenting a case, but in keeping us informed as well. I know that both sides are unhappy with the Award, but we both (East and West) agreed to the terms, went to binding arbitration, and are now moving on to more important things. But our JNC and Reps are a different story, which brings me to my recalls.

We now work for the 5th Largest airline in the United States of America. We have been making record profits, and have over $3 BILLION unrestricted cash in the bank. Our CEO is among the highest, if not THE highest compensated airline CEO out there. We currently are and may continue to be among the LOWEST paid major airline pilots in the country. I’m not surprised that Doug wants to get a contract done quickly – not only will he get us cheap, but he will then be able to move on to his next merger. If Doug wants a smooth, completely integrated operation, it is going to cost him some money.

One of our JNC members touts the $160+/hr proposed max NB pay rate – which is only $9/hr higher than the BANKRUPTCY industry average. We should be opening with pre-BK rates of USAIR, Delta, and United, maybe use SWA rates, or some combination thereof. The “We’ll get them next time†mantra does not bode well with me.

How about a short contract with some give and take? NO! How about a long contract with improvement on all fronts such as Pay Rates, Full-Retro pay, COLA, Vacation, Rest, Retirement, Medical, Reserve, Disability, etc? HECK YES! It seems that the America West reps have a history of managing expectations and working for the company. This “Here is the Slice of the Pie†we have to work with is absurd. We need to define the slice of the pie that we want. If management can’t run a profitable operation, then it should come out of their pay and benefits, not ours. Now, I am not advocating choking the Golden Goose, but merely squeezing a few extra Golden eggs out of said animal.

We, on the West, want some kind of retirement parity with the East. The East wants pay parity plus with the West. The West does not want to reduce our rest by an hour to 8:30. Why are we not reaching for the Sun and settling for the Moon? Instead, we are reaching for the Moon and settling with a Low-earth orbit. Our reps have been told numerous times through phone calls, conference calls, emails, etc about substandard goals in this new contract, yet they do nothing to improve it.

It is sad that it takes a Recall motion to get the attention of our Reps. If they realize that their constituents are not happy and correct the situation, then that is fantastic. If they don’t change their tune, and continue to peddle sub-par benefits, wages, and rules, then they need to be replaced. The “Next time†is NOW! I just want Just Industry Leading ALPA Contract and an Airline that we can all be proud of.

In ALPA solidarity,
AA – LCC FO – PHX
ALPA Member in good standing

I’m sure Cesar gave a great rousing ,unifying speech like yours on the ides of march lol , didn’t do much for him thou .

Interestingly enough, USA320pilot has been peculiarly silent for the last few days on this topic. If history serves as an example, this is usually a sign that things have not and will not unfold as he predicted over, and over, and over, and over. There is silence for a week or two before he shows up with a new spin claiming victory anyway, and disavowing all ties to his previous statements.

Could it be that the East MEC has reigned him in, in light of Prater's stern letter, and Jack Stephen's response? Or perhaps there has been some backlash for his involvement in paying for postage and sending in cards on behalf of others? Maybe the USAPA themselves had to muzzle him for doing more harm than good. Just speculating of course, but does anyone have any inside info?

Interestingly enough, USA320pilot has been peculiarly silent for the last few days on this topic. If history serves as an example, this is usually a sign that things have not and will not unfold as he predicted over, and over, and over, and over. There is silence for a week or two before he shows up with a new spin claiming victory anyway, and disavowing all ties to his previous statements.

Could it be that the East MEC has reigned him in, in light of Prater's stern letter, and Jack Stephen's response? Or perhaps there has been some backlash for his involvement in paying for postage and sending in cards on behalf of others? Maybe the USAPA themselves had to muzzle him for doing more harm than good. Just speculating of course, but does anyone have any inside info?

I have a feeling that he will post here soon (next day or so) stating how Prater's letter is actually good great news, just another part of the process to getting rid of ALPA, imposing USAPA and voiding the Nic award, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, here's some inside info for you United guys.

Prater's letter cemented the fact that ALPA will no longer represent the pilots of USAirways. And we will do what needs to be done to prevent him from placing us into trusteeship or whatever he thinks he's going to do.

And then we rid ourselves of this POS union and fight the cretins in Tempe on our own. AMR did it and we will too. And for those of you who don't think we will you are mistaken.

pilot

Prater's letter cemented the fact that ALPA will no longer represent the pilots of USAirways. And we will do what needs to be done to prevent him from placing us into trusteeship or whatever he thinks he's going to do.

And then we rid ourselves of this POS union and fight the cretins in Tempe on our own.
Well, good luck to you, there. IMO you are mistaken and will be sorely disappointed. But we'll see by the end of the year, won't we?

Maybe he is just away on a trip?

Well, good luck to you, there. IMO you are mistaken and will be sorely disappointed. But we'll see by the end of the year, won't we?

Thanks for good luck. I'm sure you're pulling for us. Just like the rest of the self-centered pilots in this industry. We will see but I find it truly interesting you think you have the pulse of the pilots of US Airways. Considering you don't even work there.

The only thing that disappoints me is the true lack of understanding and self degradation of this profession by guys like you.

But you know what? I'm in a minority here. The younger guys are just so enamored with flying jets they aren't willing to risk a damn thing to correct the wrongs that have been done to this profession.

So good luck to you too. I hope you are proud of what ALPA and your fellow pilots have allowed to happen. We have more than our fair share at U also. And I hold them in the same disdain and disgust as I hold you and many of the West pilots. As well as your nemesis USA320. He's the epitome of the "me" attitude that has dissolved this profession.

But my opinion of you and the others is irrelevant. The only thing of relevance are the working conditions and paychecks. And the rewards of the people who employ us. That ought to give you some idea how low we've allowed it to fall.

pilot

I doubt it. Being on a trip never stopped him before. I think he types his spin from his web phone while he's taxiing! :lol:

USA320 is not a captain, which is probably a reason why he is so upset about not receiving his bididng windfall promised by his reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back