AWA ALPA Thread week of 9/21--9/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your sad sort of gutless/self-obsessed, "manage their expectations" little Alpoid buggers have virtually destroyed this once proud, and wonderfull profession. It was once truly a great lifestyle....now?../quote]

Oh...I think history is equally replete with examples of fat, greedy, senior, old geezer pilots that have set the example and destroyed any chance of a future for the next generation.
:rolleyes:

So based on your logic there AAA73 there is no reason to expect that we in the west would not have purchased and flew wide body a/c again. To say otherwise is just, well as you say "conjecture"!!

My response has nothing to do with what might or might not have been done out west.

But every time you say it was a "certainty" the east would have liquidated, absent being "saved" by you and AWA, I will continue to refute it as pure conjecture on your part. As I have said and you still won't address, you never know what the last chance giveaway would have been to keep USAirways flying. Much like what happened at TWA.

So liquidation was not guaranteed, as you have so aptly posted over and over. I will give you credit though, it was coming down to the wire. But, just not a certainty at the time.

So liquidation was not guaranteed, as you have so aptly posted over and over. I will give you credit though, it was coming down to the wire. But, just not a certainty at the time.

AAA73,

That was one of the most thoughout intelligent responses I've seen on this forum by an east pilot!! Given the state of AAA at that time and the fact that your management has pubilcally stated that they had no BK exit plan it was assumed by many both inside and outside of the industry that USAir was very soon to be no more.

Ok we are past that AAA73 and it's been a new day for both you and I for over two years. Now we find ourselves pitted against one another instead of against the company. I understand the east's intial desire to get ALPA national's attention with a threat of Decert but if it were to happen we all can be assured of remaining under poor contracts and LOA's!! We can further be assured of complete disharmony which serves to only harm our cause while aiding that of managements. Law suits, legal issues that our pilots both east and west find themselves in, money for communications to get our messages to the public, insurance and the list goes on and on that an upstart union just can not provide.

The company knows that it has to pony up some money for this contract. You in that crap LOA93 and me in a ATSB loan restricted contact. Do we not, both of us deserve better?? The company knows that it will have to pay before it can merge again with whoever. I can see the company getting real serious and paying both of us but only if we get to the table.

Again real intelligent response, thank you AAA73

We can further be assured of complete disharmony which serves to only harm our cause while aiding that of managements.

So long as people continue to expect the gift of Nicalou,it's probably safe to say that ship has sailed and isn't coming back to port.

Go ALPA! :down:

Keep looking back at the past guys; it's not working. Parker and Kirby KNOW and have stated that the Nicolau list is trouble and aren't in any hurry to negotiate a joint contract. So, if you want a joint contract, you better start thinking big fences -- it's the only way you'll ever see a raise.

Later,
Eye

So long as people continue to expect the gift of Nicalou,it's probably safe to say that ship has sailed and isn't coming back to port.

I understand there are other issues in the past... But why do you guys appear to blame ALPA for the Nic award? ALPA did not do this to you! Your Merger Committee and The Arbitration Board are the ones you should be blaming...

Keep looking back at the past guys; it's not working. Parker and Kirby KNOW and have stated that the Nicolau list is trouble and aren't in any hurry to negotiate a joint contract. So, if you want a joint contract, you better start thinking big fences -- it's the only way you'll ever see a raise.

Later,
Eye

And you think I'm naive? There are bigger fish in the pan my friend. Parker seems very interested in a joint contract soon. You do know he wants to dominate the world right? Just look at his picture below!!!!!

View attachment 6455

AAA73,

That was one of the most thoughout intelligent responses I've seen on this forum by an east pilot!! Given the state of AAA at that time and the fact that your management has pubilcally stated that they had no BK exit plan it was assumed by many both inside and outside of the industry that USAir was very soon to be no more.

Just not a certainty, but OK. Enough said.

Ok we are past that AAA73 and it's been a new day for both you and I for over two years. Now we find ourselves pitted against one another instead of against the company. I understand the east's intial desire to get ALPA national's attention with a threat of Decert but if it were to happen we all can be assured of remaining under poor contracts and LOA's!! We can further be assured of complete disharmony which serves to only harm our cause while aiding that of managements. Law suits, legal issues that our pilots both east and west find themselves in, money for communications to get our messages to the public, insurance and the list goes on and on that an upstart union just can not provide.

It's no longer a threat. But what happens in the future is up to each of us. Believe me we share the same goals versus the company.

The company knows that it has to pony up some money for this contract. You in that crap LOA93 and me in a ATSB loan restricted contact. Do we not, both of us deserve better?? The company knows that it will have to pay before it can merge again with whoever. I can see the company getting real serious and paying both of us but only if we get to the table.

Yes we do deserve better. But in my view as long as it doesn't include ALPA I'll be happy.

Later,
Eye

Well Eye I would keep listening to the sounds of Tempe!! In fact I expect something from them real soon on this subject. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you...

I understand there are other issues in the past... But why do you guys appear to blame ALPA for the Nic award? ALPA did not do this to you! Your Merger Committee and The Arbitration Board are the ones you should be blaming...

Windfall is the word most of us East guys and gals think of. Your own gang has said the list is not right but it is legal. The ALPA National guys use the word "inequities" instead of "windfall". There is a big problem and it is not going to go away with money.

Well Eye I would keep listening to the sounds of Tempe!! In fact I expect something from them real soon on this subject. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you...

Wallstreet and the investors love labor unrest. Dreams need to be paid for by someone.

What gift would that be P51??????? I have yet to see any gift with respect to this arbitration, in fact it's only you fine folks on the east that seem to see that with which no one else on this planet can see. A gift?? GMAMFB!!!!

Windfall is the word most of us East guys and gals think of. Your own gang has said the list is not right but it is legal. The ALPA National guys use the word "inequities" instead of "windfall". There is a big problem and it is not going to go away with money.

Well we could argue all day about the windfall thing... So what now...? Kick ALPA off the property and kick the infidels (west pilots) in the ba11s just for having the audacity to challenge the east in the seniority negotiations? Sounds about right I think... Either way this is one heck of a fight and we are not going to go down quietly. Of course I should say I think getting out of the Nic award will be much tougher than you might imagine. But don't take my word for it. Try it and see what happens. Best of luck to you friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts