AWA ALPA Thread week of 9/21--9/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
the company only has to DH a crew from PHX to PHL.
Actually, they don't have to DH anybody if they don't want to - just put 40 or so West A340 pilots in PHL. Make it a satellite of PHX if they want - negligible cost that way.

Jim

I could be wrong but isn't the only restriction on what crews fly what new international routes only limited to transatlantic flying? I don't remember any discussion of Pacific flying other then the Hawaii flying already in place at West.

I could be wrong but isn't the only restriction on what crews fly what new international routes only limited to transatlantic flying?
I hate to say this, but you're wrong........there's no restriction on who can fly any new international routes (or Caribbean/Latin American, Hawaiian). Only routes "operated or announced" when the transition agreement was signed are restricted.

Jim

I hate to say this, but you're wrong........there's no restriction on who can fly any new international routes (or Caribbean/Latin American, Hawaiian). Only routes "operated or announced" when the transition agreement was signed are restricted.

Jim

Don't hate to say it...I admitted up front I could be wrong. I must have inferred transatlantic.

I must have inferred transatlantic.
Actually, you didn't......the transition agreement only mentions flights "between points east of the Mississippi River and Europe" (plus Caribbean & west of the Mississippi to Hawaii - NOT LA as I mistakenly said). Not mentioning flights to Asia makes those flights fair game for everyone. That's in addition to new flights (after the TA was signed) to Europe, Hawaii, or the Caribbean that are fair game.

Jim

For the gazillionenth time the East pilots seniority cannot be bought. The sooner you guys understand that perhaps everyone can move on.

Later,
Eye

Well it's really been nice working here and I've enjoyed most of it until recently. I suggest that we get those resume's dusted off as this carrier is headed to the dumps. You see for us EYE, binding means binding!! There can never be any trust with the east from the west prospective after this behavior.

Sorry man we just ain't moving off our position so I guess we will all be unemployed soon. I fully understand your position, I don't respect it seeing as how YOU request arbitration but now you don't like the award so you cry foul. Well eye no one see it your way except east pilots. Not UAL, not NWA not DAL not CAL no one EYE just easties!! That should be telling you someting by now...

6000 hrs and two type rating, yeah I'll be just fine...

Can the west pilots fly the 340 in PHL? I remember reading something in the TA about shared growth flying; it would be another windfall for them if they are allowed to fly a widebody when there was never any chance for them to do so without the merger.

Oh what a great point, lets flip that shall we jetz?? Because without this transition agreement and merger AAA would be memory! So using your anology, the east pilots shouldn't even be employed outside this merger since there was absolutly NO CHANCE of their survival outside of it....

Actually, they don't have to DH anybody if they don't want to - just put 40 or so West A340 pilots in PHL. Make it a satellite of PHX if they want - negligible cost that way.

Jim

That is exactly how the company opened the LAS base two years ago. Unless you were a new-hire in training the company didn't incur any extra expenses with the opening of the new domicile.

But 2 hours ago you wrote this:
And 2 days ago you wrote this:
Now I'm really confused. Is it "soon" or last "Monday" or in "a month to six weeks?" You really are all over the radar with this one. I think the truth is you have no clue.
Don't forget the quote he posted about a thousand times recently about the filing happening "in a matter of days" from one day last week.

How many days ago was that now?

Notice he hasn't posted it in the last couple of days.

Notice he hasn't posted it in the last couple of days.

Repetition does get old after a while. A "couple of days" respite is worth it. But the best part is I love the way it's blended between fact and fantasy. It's up to you to decide. However, he's right about one thing, soon the real fun starts. Looking forward to see ALPA tap dance on how well they have represented us over the years. IMO, Interesting times are on the near horizon.

Oh what a great point, lets flip that shall we jetz?? Because without this transition agreement and merger AAA would be memory! So using your anology, the east pilots shouldn't even be employed outside this merger since there was absolutly NO CHANCE of their survival outside of it....

That's still conjecture on your part. You and I will never know what the last chance give-away would have been to stay in business. Just like TWA. Not a pretty picture but an alternative you still haven't addressed, mentioned or even considered. So in reality there was a chance for survival. But thats about all there was, a chance.

Well it's really been nice working here and I've enjoyed most of it until recently. I suggest that we get those resume's dusted off as this carrier is headed to the dumps. You see for us EYE, binding means binding!! There can never be any trust with the east from the west prospective after this behavior.

Sorry man we just ain't moving off our position so I guess we will all be unemployed soon. I fully understand your position, I don't respect it seeing as how YOU request arbitration but now you don't like the award so you cry foul. Well eye no one see it your way except east pilots. Not UAL, not NWA not DAL not CAL no one EYE just easties!! That should be telling you someting by now...

6000 hrs and two type rating, yeah I'll be just fine...

Mesa is hiring and paying a signing bonus as well. 6000 hrs for a 40+ guy is a little low. Keep your chin up.

Mesa is hiring and paying a signing bonus as well. 6000 hrs for a 40+ guy is a little low. Keep your chin up.

Well...the 6K total time might be somewhat helped by the whopping total of two whole type ratings. Frankly, with those qualifications...I can now fully understand his righteous insistence at some instant "seniority".

Status
Not open for further replies.