AWA MEC Chairman Special Update

Hey Jim,

Do you still have his post where he says he won't insult you anymore?

thank you lark.

BoeingBoy (or should I say Mr. Twister or Chameleon)
Regards,
USA320Pilot

Well we all know his words mean nothing because he cant even keep his.

BoeingBoy:

Most people do not like personal insults or a lack of decorum, but there is a certain segment of airline employees that thrive and probably even enjoy that type of activity. These people try to discredit the sender because they do not like the message/messenger or they cannot take criticism because its' too painful, but they certainly can "dish it out". Every person has a different threshold level before they emotionally respond to the lack of decorum, me included, but that does not make it right.

It appears you will continue with that type of approach to try to discredit others and that is your choice, which I guess I understand because I believe you have a "message board split personality."

I'm not going to continue with "mud slinging", emotional comments, or to try and discredit the messenger. If you choose to do so, so be it

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Been looking in the mirror lately?

Ditto. But Ardenian I've got to ask; is that your dog? He/she is gorgeous. What breed?

There are two breeds that look like that. The American eskimo which is slightly smaller than what's pictured and the Laso apso (spelling) which I am pretty sure that is in the picture.

The are very pretty dogs but they require lots of grooming to remain as nice as in that photo.

BoeingBoy,

With all due respect, if you are not the pot calling the kettle black I truly do not know what is.

The issue I have is or should I say had with you was that you were a message board poster with one sentiment on the ALPA Message Board (which is hidden from the public) and then a different sentiment on a public message board.

I think this clearly lacks integrity if a person is a chameleon on the Internet. Does that make sense?

In addition, I believe it is inappropriate to be a "twister" or twist information from months-and-moths ago to try and discredit another person. I believe this type of communication shows a person true characater deep down inside. Would you not agree?

For others I do not insult people (if I ever did it was due to emotion, but not intentional), I believe in "forum decorum", and if I change my position it does not mean I am liar, it means events change.

I believe this is an important point in a dynamic business.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

B)-->QUOTE(Todd B @ Jun 4 2007, 10:37 AM) [post="492662"][/post]
Lets stay on topic and not discuss a poster.
[/quote]
What say you, Todd......

Jim

Ed,

Thanks for your comments. I believe if everybody took this position and did not discuss a poster then this board would be a better place. I believe personal attacks serve no useful purpose whether they are initiated by an individual or a retaliatory response.

I am all for this new decorum and I applaud your actions. It will be interesting to see who abides by this request.

As far as some of my comments, I get tired of people providing false information and making false characterizations.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

There are two breeds that look like that. The American eskimo which is slightly smaller than what's pictured and the Laso apso (spelling) which I am pretty sure that is in the picture.

The are very pretty dogs but they require lots of grooming to remain as nice as in that photo.
Nope, I'm looking at a Lahsa and that dog looks nothing like this one. A Lahsa is a lap-size dog (as opposed to another poster here whose screen name I am not at liberty to divulge at this time (code name SU B640) who is merely a lap-dog). But that's a fine looking bit of dog in the photo.

Let's make him seniority number one and end this rancor!

As far as some of my comments, I get tired of people providing false information and making false characterizations.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
I agree, you should be the sole-source provider of false information.

Now that is priceless coming from you.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

For those who are interested, I have included the Prater later below. My read, Prater is only interested in moving the parties forward with a combined contract in an effort to "take it back."

Re: Recent correspondence

Dear John and Jack:

I am writing to both of you in response to your respective letters dated May 25, May 30, and May 31,2007.

As you know, the Executive Council determined that the issues raised by the recent presentations of both the AWA and AAA MECs deserved fuller attention than was possible during the recent meetings and therefore decided to continue its consideration of these issues at a special meeting in June.

ALPA Merger and Fragmentation Policy, Part 1, Section N.I., requires the ALPA President to "closely monitor. . . all attendant problem areas" regarding negotiation of a merged pilot working agreement. In its recent resolution, the Executive Council also required me to "continue to employ all the resources of the Association to assist the MECs" to "explore consensual approaches that promote career protection and mutual success," as well as working to achieve the closely-related goal of an "acceptable single collective bargaining agreement that improves pay, benefits, work rules and job security for both pilot groups." It is quite clear that there are several "problem areas" in the negotiation of a single agreement.

The Executive Council (whose members are "responsible to the Association at large" under CBL Article XIV, Section 4) expects us all to play an active role in working to explore "consensual approaches that promote career protection and mutual success," and not wait until the time when the Executive Council has completed its consideration of the issues relating to the Award. To begin that process, I will be contacting you shortly to arrange a meeting in Washington for Wednesday afternoon next week that includes the three MEC officers of both groups, a small group of ALPA staff and advisors, and myself.

In solidarity,
John H. Prater, President

AWA MEC Chairman Special Update - June 3, 2007

Fellow Pilots,

On Friday afternoon, the AWA MEC received a letter from Captain Prater requesting that the two MECs, specifically the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Secretary-Treasure, meet in Washington, DC, this coming Wednesday afternoon.

On Saturday morning, I spoke with Captain Randy Helling, Executive Administrator and confirmed the meeting and who would be in attendance.

Captain John Prater and outside ALPA counsel Mike Abram will meet with the MEC officers of both AWA and AAA this coming Wednesday, June 6 at 2 PM EDT.

Your MEC has consulted closely with ALPA counsel and our outside Merger Counsel Jeff Freund this week and we have decided (with Mr. Freund's advice) that we should attend this meeting to ensure that we continue to professionally and diplomatically maintain the high road and insist that ALPA present the final and binding Nicolau Award to US Airways management in accordance with ALPA Merger Policy. We also intend to insist that the AAA MEC clearly outline their intentions for joint negotiations going forward.

Please remember that the AWA MEC Officers DO NOT have the authority to alter the seniority award or negotiate fences. Once the meeting is finished, we plan to convene a conference call with the Merger Committee, Merger Attorney, JNC and our LC 082 and 062 elected status representatives to update them.

Please continue to fly safely and securely.

Fraternally,

Captain John McIlvenna
Chairman, AWA MEC

Latest posts