Baggage check in HNL

Actually, what the HA agent did was check the bag according to HA rules and regulations. Perhaps more training is required, but it is difficult. HA agents do their best, but it does indeed get confussing when working several airlines and several different systems.

Actually, what the HA agent did was check the bag according to HA rules and regulations. Perhaps more training is required, but it is difficult. HA agents do their best, but it does indeed get confussing when working several airlines and several different systems.

Last two HNL trips I worked (last month being most recent) Aloha Airlines was our contracted ground handling agent.

Is Hawaiian now working our contract in HNL?

Just a minor note in the HNL's agent defense. Working multiply computer systems can be overwhelming, especially if you don't do the function every day. A bagtag cannot be generated from 2 separate PNRs let alone different systems. Now a "fake" segement could have been added to the HP record but that requires a skill level in the HP system the agent did not have. Also a manual tag could have been written, but that creates its own problems.
I cant speak for SHARES but on sabre, it is VERY easy to add a dummy segment and really requires no skill. SHARES is supposed to be easier I hear.

Last two HNL trips I worked (last month being most recent) Aloha Airlines was our contracted ground handling agent.

Is Hawaiian now working our contract in HNL?

A previous poster stated it was HA. Being familiar with their procedures, I responded to the post. I don't know who works our flts.

Aloha handles us in all of our cities in Hawaii. They are the nicest people however I have witnessed them having a tough time with non-rev reservations. Being prior that they could not combine the listings of both airlines HP/US the gate agent was correct in saying that the computer could not print that out or produce a bag tag all the way thru to your final US destination. The simple solution would have been for them to hand-write a bag tag all the way. We have those white tags available on the plane and the agents should also have them available.

Be patient with them. Yes they could use a little more training. I'd also like to add please be prepared when traveling to hawaii and have a back-up tkt. Even though it is wide open you never know what will happen to our vintage aircraft.

How about we put USAirways AGNETS THERE…. mistakes happen at all stations but with your own work force the priorities are with USAirways not a third party. There are a lot of advantages to having your own work force but this airline loves to outsource WHY? Only J.G. and gang knows

They are Aloha Airlines employees who have the contract in all Hawaii cities, and they are clueless. On every count.

Perhaps the manager needs to be advised of the errors being made so that the problem can be addressed and corrected.

Aloha Airlines employees can fly them for US Airways better yet MESA now that would be cost effective how about wet lease or code share there are a lot of cost effective ways to outsource the operations in Hawaii