Barack Obama Lies To America

Obama tells America "how it is!"

Barack Obama celebrated Father's Day by calling on black fathers, who he said are "missing from too many lives and too many homes," to become active in raising their children.

"They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it."

"A lot of children don't get those chances. There is no margin for error in their lives."

Obama calls absent black fathers to task

My creation of this thread was to prove the point that politicians are liars. It does not matter with political affiliation or ‘Warm N’ Fuzzy’ interpretation.

If one is to accept ‘some’ lies and expecting the rest of ‘their word’ is true; (IMHO) is totally out of touch and delusional.
It is ‘very’ unfortunate that ‘WE’ The Merican people are denigrated to the point that we must choose between liars that may or may not do what they propose and will not be held accountable by the pepple.

This whole exercise of voting for the better looser is divisive at best and fractionalized at worst.

B) UT

You really don’t expect this thread to accomplish anything do you? This thread will quickly become a contest on who can post the wittiest comment. The left wing will post their links of McCain’s “contradictionsâ€￾ and “liesâ€￾ and the right wing will post their links to Obama’s “contradictionsâ€￾ and “liesâ€￾.

I take exception to the comment that someone has grave concerns about McCain’s “liesâ€￾ and “contradictionsâ€￾ about taxes, Iraq, economy and torture while being totally oblivious of Obama’s “liesâ€￾ and “contradictionsâ€￾ regarding the same.

Feel free to post all the McCain “liesâ€￾ and “contradictionsâ€￾ you can find. In turn, I will match them with Obama’s “liesâ€￾ and “contradictionsâ€￾. You keep score and may the best liar win. Fair enough?

Lies / flip-flop / denials. Did you even bother to listen to the youtube link? I guess it is a fine line between lying "I never said that" to changing ones mind depending on which way the breeze of political pandering is blowing. I have no problem calling them lies.

Settle down Cosworth, it’s not like I was talking about Obama’s ears! Yes, I watched your Youtube links and I’m man enough to say that he lied. You feel better?

Are you not aware of any of the lies Obama tells or are you just in total denial? If you really have “grave concernsâ€￾ about American jobs being sent over the borders or overseas, maybe you can explain this.

Obama and Nafta

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EY5CQnOn75c

I fail to see how showing the interview of McCain by Tim Russert is tainted.

"MR. RUSSERT: Let me show you the kinds of things that are often said when soldiers are overseas, like this: "There's no reason for the United States to remain. The American people want them home. I believe the majority of Congress wants them home. Our continued military presence allows another situation to rise, which could then lead to the wounding, killing or capture of American fighting men and women. We should do all in our power to avoid that. What should be the criteria is our immediate, orderly withdrawal. And if we do not do that and other Americans die then I" "say that the responsibilities for that lie with the Congress who did not exercise their authority under the Constitution. For us to get into nation-building, law and order, etc., I think, is a tragic and terrible mistake."

MR. RUSSERT: Well, those are your words from 1993 about Somalia.

SEN. McCAIN: Mm-hmm.

MR. RUSSERT: And that's the kind of thing we're hearing about Iraq.

SEN. McCAIN: Mm-hmm.

MR. RUSSERT: You felt that way about Somalia when you saw no end in sight.

SEN. McCAIN: Yes, I did, and...

MR. RUSSERT: And many Americans now are echoing your words about Iraq, because they see no end in sight...

MM-hmmm

MMMMhmmmmmmmm...and you're the one who started the McCain thread......double standard...oh...forgot...you're a Lib and rules do not apply.... :lol:

(Shouldn't we be lying on another thread?? :lol: )

I always thought I only had to place my hand over my heart during the pledge not the SSB? Assuming you are correct, there are tons of people who apparently this does not matter too. Do a youtube search for SSB and take a look at how many people do not have their hand over their heart. There is a Maria Carry video in New Orleans with so many flash bulbs going off (they are using 2 hands for the camera) it is never dark. This huge faux-pas has been on the internet for several months now and no one cares. I know I sure as hell don't BTW, you forgot to mention that he does not wear the silly lapel flag pin either ... oh my god ... call the patriotism police.

As for the July 22 deal. I looked at AA and UAL flights from Chicago to Miami it is a 3 hour flight (shows 4 hours but subtract 1 hour for time difference right). The 730 would be a tight squeeze, 11am not possible 7pm he would have to cut his visit short. Bottom line is there is no proof he was at that sermon (I am sure he was at a few though where he should have realized Wright was a loon). Besides, when was the last time a reporter did not have a camera on them at any given time. It's like all these aliens are sighted all over the place but no one gets a picture of them. Yet the cops beat someone up and 15 people have pictures of it.

I listened to the 3rd video and I do not see a problem with it. I see how it does not help Obamas campaign. I think Wright discounts the challenges faced by women in the work place (especially when Ms Clinton was growing up) but I agree it was not even close to what people of color had to go through and still go through is society today. Blacks only got official equal rights in 1964. You do not actually believe that it just magically stopped do you? My father in law is 72 and he is a bigot. The father of my wifes sister-in-law is a bigot. Prior to 1964, white males did run this country. There were no blacks or women in positions of power. Under 20% of the fortune 500 companies are run by women, less than 1% are run by blacks. Wright may not have sugar coated his sentiments (he was speaking to a friendly audience) but I did not hear anything that was factually incorrect.

If this is the best the republicans can come up with, they need to try harder.

The only thing I have heard so far that gives me pause for thought is the NAFTA issue. That is a valid issue, they rest is just grasping at straws.

I always thought I only had to place my hand over my heart during the pledge not the SSB? Assuming you are correct, there are tons of people who apparently this does not matter too. Do a youtube search for SSB and take a look at how many people do not have their hand over their heart. There is a Maria Carry video in New Orleans with so many flash bulbs going off (they are using 2 hands for the camera) it is never dark. This huge faux-pas has been on the internet for several months now and no one cares. I know I sure as hell don't BTW, you forgot to mention that he does not wear the silly lapel flag pin either ... oh my god ... call the patriotism police.

Yeah, according to flag protocol (The U.S. Code), during rendition of the national anthem — when the flag is displayed — all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. So technically, he was in violation of the flag customs in the Code. I agree that tons of people do not really care about this; go to any MLB game and count how many people do not follow this protocol.

I thought it was a bit unbecoming and poor-form, but I most definitely did not see it as a stain on his patriotism. This was discussed ad nauseam in a past thread. I agree with you. Patriotism doesn't depend solely on whether you place your hand on your heart during a song. It depends on what is inside that heart. Patriotism is loving your country, willing to sacrifice for it, and devotion and loyalty. It is not simply putting a pin on your lapel or placing your hand on your heart.

I think it is unwise for anyone to claim that this incident alone is enough to write Obama off as unpatriotic.

Youtube SSB Linky (stupid is it not?)

As for the July 22 deal. I looked at AA and UAL flights from Chicago to Miami it is a 3 hour flight (shows 4 hours but subtract 1 hour for time difference right). The 730 would be a tight squeeze, 11am not possible 7pm he would have to cut his visit short. Bottom line is there is no proof he was at that sermon (I am sure he was at a few though where he should have realized Wright was a loon). Besides, when was the last time a reporter did not have a camera on them at any given time. It's like all these aliens are sighted all over the place but no one gets a picture of them. Yet the cops beat someone up and 15 people have pictures of it.

Point??
I listened to the 3rd video and I do not see a problem with it. I see how it does not help Obamas campaign. I think Wright discounts the challenges faced by women in the work place (especially when Ms Clinton was growing up) but I agree it was not even close to what people of color had to go through and still go through is society today. Blacks only got official equal rights in 1964. You do not actually believe that it just magically stopped do you? My father in law is 72 and he is a bigot. The father of my wifes sister-in-law is a bigot. Prior to 1964, white males did run this country. There were no blacks or women in positions of power. Under 20% of the fortune 500 companies are run by women, less than 1% are run by blacks. Wright may not have sugar coated his sentiments (he was speaking to a friendly audience) but I did not hear anything that was factually incorrect.

Well, you may not see a problem with it because you might deserve it (Only you know the answer). My angst is when I put out my hand and get it slapped away. This ‘bigotry’ is a double edged sword and can not be entirely blamed by us white folks. Rev Rice is more so like a union organization as he plays the players (People that buy into the ‘Hate Whitey’ mantra) encouraging dissention and discouraging advancement opportunities in lieu of donations by ‘HIS’ downtrodden. Minions that continue to give him a check.

If this is the best the republicans can come up with, they need to try harder.

I am a registered Independent, ergo my Independent thinking, What Cow do you follow?

B) UT

UAL_TECH,

Your header is disgraceful.

VERY immature.

I think you’re talking about UAL_TECH’s avatar. If so, let me help you in your time of emotional crisis. You have three ways to deal with it.

1) Don’t look at it - Good

2) Get over it - Better

3) Leave - Best

I don’t know UAL_TECH but my best guess is that he’s not going to change it for your sole benefit.

Just Saying . . .

I really have no idea what or if Obama's explanation for not putting his hand over his heart but, have you considered it was not intentional, and maybe it was just an absent minded mistake? Again if he has already explained why he did not participate and it was intentional then I applogize. This is something I have heard very little about.

I don’t know UAL_TECH but my best guess is that he’s not going to change it for your sole benefit.

Just Saying . . .

Hey Tug,

Thought You didn't know me... :up:

Maybe she was speaking of this:

photo-1395.jpg

Take Care,
B) UT