What Barry has done to our military

Hackman said:
I fully agree with the armchair tough guys, I don't like seeing rich boys getting a free pass because they have the means. 

But you are on of those arm chair tough guys are you not.  And you are giving those rich boys a pass because they had the means.  Because let's face it, if GWB Sr was a share cropper or a but driver GWB Jr choice would have been get drafted and hope not to get sent to Vietnam or go to Canada.  Instead he had the means which meant he was able to get a nice cozy position with the Texas ANG.

Hackman said:
The worst current veteran by far is John "Longface" Kerry. Throwing your metals away from Vietnam?  Now a leader of the Nobammy disaster? Disgusting....

But at least he served, and in a combat zone.  More that can be said about the current batch of chicken hawks.

Hackman said:
"Looming budget cuts not only are stoking anxiety among troops but also fundamentally changing how they think about the military, the services' top enlisted leaders told House lawmakers Wednesday.
"Thirty years ago, if you were a good airman and worked hard, you could serve for 20 years. I'm not sure you can say the same today," said Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Cody, who added that budget uncertainty "is curtailing the ability to serve."http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/capitol-hill/2015/02/25/enlisted-leaders-budget-concerns/23994253/

Here's a little math exercise for you.  Calculate how much the US spends on the military and then calculate what the rest of the world spends.

"
"Thirty years ago, if you were a good airman and worked hard, you could serve for 20 years."

First, that is not even true, lots of RIF's tossed lots of folks over the years, some "nearing" their 20.

Second, the old "do your 20" mindset is one of the military's biggest problems, while yes at the same time one of its strengths retention-wise.

It is also massively expensive.

Walker made so many friends up Wisconsin way restructuring public sector pensions, or some of them at least. Why do not the same people support efforts to "modernize" other unaffordable pensins.

Never, ever would I support taking something already earned - that is theft plain and simple, but the new guys could be offered something like a government contribution to their personal IRA/401k type account. It could even be really generous. If ya' serve 5, take it with ya' when ya' leave. If ya' get RIF'd at 18, take it with ya'.

Waste and unnecessary spending are a problem. The Generals don't live in tents, either...
The real drag on the budget vis a vis the current soldiers' pay and welfare is the retirement obligations.

Not that the pay is all that bad. It used to be that military or government paid significantly less than the same (non-combat...) responsibilities on the outside. The pension was the payback. Now, I work with guys who make more at their reserve/guard gigs than they do at the airline, and who actively look for active duty assignments because of the pay increase.

That's just one

Hackman said:
IS, you mean ISIS or ISIL? That began to rise after the Liar-In-Chief foolishly declared the "war in Iraq is over" in 2011. ISIS was started in Abu Ghraib? Before or after Obammys pull out? After is correct.

Also that "occupation" of Iraq, the country was given back to the Iraqis, so the "occupation" ended.
IS iSIS ISIL

All the same thing
Grew out of AQ in Iraq moving into the bacuum in Syria
AQ in Iraq was born at Abu Gharib during W's occupation

And you and your buds are pissed that the occupation ended

Thing is, it never should have happened

W vowed to go after AQ and those who support them, then took a hard 90 into nation-building/exporting democracy/revenge in Iraq. All exactly because the puppet that his NeoCon buds had installed had gone rogue and could o longer be controlled. 9/11 gave them the excuse they needed to sell the public on the "neat little war" that they had already decided on as part of the "War On Terror"

AQ's supporters were in Saudi Arabia, not Iraq.
North Korea is ans actual enemy we are literally still at war with and a brutal dictatorship
Iran is the world's exporter of terror.
Genocide is going on all over Africa

And W and his NeoCon buds decide we should convert the Iraq to a US friendly western style democracy, by killing a couple hundred thousand of them and destroying their country.

They couldn't have gotten Saddam any other way?

BS

Saudi Arabia was coddled, hugs and kisses and all.

Just like Rummy kissin' on Saddam

The entire region was destabilized.

And massive resources were diverted away from The Real War On Terror.

Brilliant...

AQ was basically forgotten, the Taliban left to regroup and recover even stronger and left for the next admin and a whole new generation of combat troops to deal with. (Wanna' talk about what W "did" to our troops some more?)

Your boy in the video is really good at self-promotion, and at stringing together thoughtless cliches in a Jesse-like "sermon" designed to elicit an emotional and visceral response. Like Jesse, and his ilk, it is all an act.

Reactions: 1 person
"The jihadist, who uses the nom de guerre Abu Ahmed, entered Camp Bucca as a young man a decade ago, and is now a senior official within Islamic State (Isis) – having risen through its ranks with many of the men who served time alongside him in prison. Like him, the other detainees had been snatched by US soldiers from Iraq’s towns and cities and flown to a place that had already become infamous: a foreboding desert fortress that would shape the legacy of the US presence in Iraq.

app

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/11/-sp-isis-the-inside-story

2004, Camp Bucca,

"The other prisoners did not take long to warm to him, Abu Ahmed recalled. They had also been terrified of Bucca, but quickly realised that far from their worst fears, the US-run prison provided an extraordinary opportunity. “We could never have all got together like this in Baghdad, or anywhere else,” he told me. “It would have been impossibly dangerous. Here, we were not only safe, but we were only a few hundred metres away from the entire al-Qaida leadership.”

It was at Camp Bucca that Abu Ahmed first met Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the emir of Isis who is now frequently described as the world’s most dangerous terrorist leader. From the beginning, Abu Ahmed said, others in the camp seemed to defer to him. “Even then, he was Abu Bakr. But none of us knew he would ever end up as leader.”

Hackman said:
"Looming budget cuts not only are stoking anxiety among troops but also fundamentally changing how they think about the military, the services' top enlisted leaders told House lawmakers Wednesday.
"Thirty years ago, if you were a good airman and worked hard, you could serve for 20 years. I'm not sure you can say the same today," said Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Cody, who added that budget uncertainty "is curtailing the ability to serve."http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/capitol-hill/2015/02/25/enlisted-leaders-budget-concerns/2399425 

When I was in under GWB Sr I saw guys forced out due to post cold war budget cuts.

777 fixer said:

This whole thread is based on a BS video.  Which means you don't have the mental capacity to see it for what it is.  Too much talk radio probably.  I can find videos that say GWB planed and carried out 9-11 and that his grandfather did business with Hitler during the war.  But I don't because I have ability to use my brain.
BS video? What you don't like the truth that Mr. Whittle stated that Obammy is a "Radical left wing zealot raised by actual communists and views the US military as a tool of capitalist exploitation and colonial racism" Ouch, so direct a to the point.
And please, don't speak to me about your "use my brain" rhetoric and/or massive mental capacity. Your a 777 fixer, so you are not a member of MENSA or have you attained a PHD in economics from Harvard. I don't what it is about arrogant radical leftists that spew constant bile about their expansive "mental capacity". Looking at the current state of this country and the fact that Obammy has failed at nearly everything he's touched, they can't be all that with the IQ score. 

Hey 777, if your looking to exercise your "massive mental capacity", I see CNBC needs a real moderator that doesn't get their ass handed to them by Ted Cruz. Your the man.....

777 fixer said:

When I was in under GWB Sr I saw guys forced out due to post cold war budget cuts.
What, you were under GWB Sr as in an advisory cabinet role at the Pentagon? Assisted in the budget cuts? Tell us who don't know what your capacity was under GWB Sr. 

I don't really care, but with the expansive mental capacity of your mind, you must have some real stories of grandeur. Do tell....

Mr. Whittle is a self-promoting little man-boy in the mold of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

Same M.O.

What you call "truth" is nothing more than a string of buzzwords intended to elicit an emotional response

They learn that in sermon school...

777 fixer said:

Here's a little math exercise for you.  Calculate how much the US spends on the military and then calculate what the rest of the world spends.
Here's a little truth for you, smart guy. To be the best sometimes costs the most. You never regret buying the best.

Look it up

We, That's you and I, spend more on "defense" than the whole rest of the world combined, minus just a percent or two.

Not what the founders had in mind, for all of you strict constitutionalist "cnservatives".

Unnecessary, and Ike, as in Supreme Commander Allied Forces Europe Ike, warned against exactly what we have - a government beholden to the military-industrial complex.

Whittel's rhetoric and The DittoHeads moronic and overwrought fears aside, Obama doesn't hate and is not destroying the military. He asks questions, but he kistens. Gates, the about as All American Conservative and non-political as you can get SecDef worked with him. Read his book.

Read about the Genisis of iSIS, the genesis of it and its whole history, not the teuncated version that omits the beginnings.

Explain how a president that overextends the US Military in two major wars and sends the actual people doing the fighting into battle without simple armored vehicles?

Ifly2 said:
Mr. Whittle is a self-promoting little man-boy in the mold of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

Same M.O.

What you call "truth" is nothing more than a string of buzzwords intended to elicit an emotional response

They learn that in sermon school...
Man-boy?  Isn't that kinda degrading and against the libtard code of tolerance for all?  Snicker.....

Nothing at all like them. Mr Whittle isn't a loud mouth race baiter like the other two clowns. I haven't witnessed him calling for rioting and supporting deaths of those blacks he doesn't like.

Whittle applied to the Air Force Academy with dream of being a test pilot, but has bad eyes. He had a degree from Florida State in theater and has made several films and documentary.

You degrade him because he hammers your libtard heros, I understand fully your hate.

Here's some of Mr. Whittles comments on your libard hero tax evader Rev Al Sharpton and the first race baiter Jesse Jackass.  Racist I say!!!!  Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwYyWTpBsQ

I don't have any libtard heroes, particularly not the like of or Al or Jesse

Whittle uses the same tried and true techniques, and is equally devoid of substance and truth, but, he is getting his little bit of fame in his little world and people who don't actually think about what he is saying or question his "facts" and assertions have a hero mouthpiece to follow and parrot.

I'm not a liberal and give less than a rat's ass about any PC BS, including the so-called "conservative" version, and yes, it does exist... You repeat it like some kind of mantra

You also have yet to respond to a single bit of the evidence that your position re Obama and the military is wrong, or the damage that W did to the military, military families, the brave men and women actually doing his neocon buddies' fighting, and the U.S.

He did take good care of the General Staff and his donors among the military industry and of course he "talked tough".

Guess that makes him a patriot in some folks' eyes.

Makes him the worst president in my lifetime in mine

btw, lots of folks apply to the AF Academy
And I wanted to be a test pilot and have "bad eyes"

What has the boy done, besides make a dew fact free emotin filled video rants?

Hackman said:
Here's a little truth for you, smart guy. To be the best sometimes costs the most. You never regret buying the best.

It would be one thing if we got the "best". But alas we do not.

- The B1 was never able to fill it's original mission profile. Cant fly in snow because it ha no de-icing, engine issues sidelined it during Gulf I, it cold not go into Yugoslavia till the B52's cleared a path for it,
- SDI was a joke.
- F-35 is massively over budget, full of flaws and looking for a market. Last I read the gun won't fire because there is no software for it, the $600,000 helmet does not work as designed, and they have already had one engine catch fire.
- The Littoral Combat Ship is an abysmal failure. What was supposed to be a quick change platform takes days or weeks to do.
- The B2 has weather issues. Its radar cannot differentiate between rain and clouds. The structure it's self is susceptible to humidity, heat and cold.
- Zumwalt class destroyer is outdated already. There are serious questions regarding survivability to damage because of the small crew.

These are just a few of the "best" weapons money can buy.