Barack Obama Lies To America

Hey Tug,

Thought You didn't know me... :up:

Maybe she was speaking of this:

photo-1395.jpg

Take Care,
B) UT

Indeed, that may be the case. How one could remotely consider that disgraceful and immature is … well, disgraceful and immature. UAL_TECH, I rest my case.

Why Winnie the Pooh should shape US foreign policy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...ign-policy.html

Richard Danzig, who served as Navy Secretary under President Clinton and is tipped to become National Security Adviser in an Obama White House, told a major foreign policy conference in Washington that the future of US strategy in the war on terrorism should follow a lesson from the pages of Winnie the Pooh, which can be shortened to: if it is causing you too much pain, try something else.

He spelt out how American troops, spies and anti-terrorist officials could learn key lessons by understanding the desire of terrorists to emulate superheroes like Luke Skywalker, and the lust for violence of violent football fans.

Mr Danzig told the Centre for New American Security: “Winnie the Pooh seems to me to be a fundamental text on national security.â€￾

Un-Freaking-Believable

Obama Doesn't Like Muslims???

On Monday, two Muslim women at Barack Obama's rally in Detroit, MI were not allowed by campaign volunteers to sit behind the podium.

Both rejections were made in separate instances and by different volunteers.

The staff on hand were trying to prevent the women's headscarves from appearing on television or in photographs with Obama.

Michigan has one of the largest Muslim and Arab populations in the United States, so this is clearly not sitting well with many Muslim supporters.

Obama has even vigorously denied rumors that he is Muslim, though occasionally adds that he means no disrespect to Islam. But the denials seem to some to be implying that there is something wrong with the Muslim faith.

Hebba Aref, a lawyer who lives near Detroit was denied a seat and says, "I was coming to support him, and I felt like I was discriminated against by the very person who was supposed to be bringing this change, who I could really relate to. The message that I thought was delivered to us was that they do not want him associated with Muslims or Muslim supporters."

A volunteer asked three of Aref's friends if they would like to sit behind the stage. The men stated they would, but mentioned they were at the rally with some friends.

The volunteer, an African American woman in her mid-20s, asked if their friends looked and were dressed like the men, who were all light skinned and wearing suits. One of the men mentioned that their friend (Aref) was wearing a headscarf with her suit.

That's when Aref's friend says that the volunteer, "explained to me that because of the political climate and what's going on in the world and what's going on with Muslim Americans, it's not good for [Aref] to be seen on TV or associated with Obama."

As for the second incident, that occurred while waiting in line, two of Shimaa Abdelfadeel's non-Muslim friends were ahead of her. A volunteer approached them and asked if they wanted to be seated in the special section behind Obama. The friends said yes and asked for Shimaa to come along.

That's when the volunteer told them their friend would need to take the headscarf off or stay out of the special section. The friends declined the invite.

When Shimaa confronted the volunteer she was told, "We're not letting anyone with anything on their heads like baseball [caps] or scarves sit behind the stage. It has nothing to do with your religion!"

Although photographs of the event show men with hats seated in the section behind Obama and former VP Al Gore.

Since the incident, the campaign has apologized to the women. However, the two Obama supporters say they feel betrayed by their treatment.

Bill Burton, Obama's spokesman, says, "This is of course not the policy of the campaign. It is offensive and counter to Obama's commitment to bring Americans together and simply not the kind of campaign we run. We sincerely apologize for the behavior of these volunteers."

Obama Doesn't Like Muslims???

On Monday, two Muslim women at Barack Obama's rally in Detroit, MI were not allowed by campaign volunteers to sit behind the podium.

Both rejections were made in separate instances and by different volunteers.

The staff on hand were trying to prevent the women's headscarves from appearing on television or in photographs with Obama.

Michigan has one of the largest Muslim and Arab populations in the United States, so this is clearly not sitting well with many Muslim supporters.

Obama has even vigorously denied rumors that he is Muslim, though occasionally adds that he means no disrespect to Islam. But the denials seem to some to be implying that there is something wrong with the Muslim faith.

Hebba Aref, a lawyer who lives near Detroit was denied a seat and says, "I was coming to support him, and I felt like I was discriminated against by the very person who was supposed to be bringing this change, who I could really relate to. The message that I thought was delivered to us was that they do not want him associated with Muslims or Muslim supporters."

A volunteer asked three of Aref's friends if they would like to sit behind the stage. The men stated they would, but mentioned they were at the rally with some friends.

The volunteer, an African American woman in her mid-20s, asked if their friends looked and were dressed like the men, who were all light skinned and wearing suits. One of the men mentioned that their friend (Aref) was wearing a headscarf with her suit.

That's when Aref's friend says that the volunteer, "explained to me that because of the political climate and what's going on in the world and what's going on with Muslim Americans, it's not good for [Aref] to be seen on TV or associated with Obama."

As for the second incident, that occurred while waiting in line, two of Shimaa Abdelfadeel's non-Muslim friends were ahead of her. A volunteer approached them and asked if they wanted to be seated in the special section behind Obama. The friends said yes and asked for Shimaa to come along.

That's when the volunteer told them their friend would need to take the headscarf off or stay out of the special section. The friends declined the invite.

When Shimaa confronted the volunteer she was told, "We're not letting anyone with anything on their heads like baseball [caps] or scarves sit behind the stage. It has nothing to do with your religion!"

Although photographs of the event show men with hats seated in the section behind Obama and former VP Al Gore.

Since the incident, the campaign has apologized to the women. However, the two Obama supporters say they feel betrayed by their treatment.

Bill Burton, Obama's spokesman, says, "This is of course not the policy of the campaign. It is offensive and counter to Obama's commitment to bring Americans together and simply not the kind of campaign we run. We sincerely apologize for the behavior of these volunteers."

In retrospect, and as we learn more about the two hijab-encrusted Muslim students who were denied access to the Obama rally, this was the right call on the part of Obama campaign officials. Hat-tip to the Obama campaign!

It’s not known how much information the Obama campaign had on these students but it appears to be no coincidence that these two students were singled out.

On the surface, the actions of these officials could easily be misconstrued by some insanely over sensitive, politically correct members on this site (you know who you are) as an act of religious and ethic discrimination.

Student Hebba Aref was an official of the Muslim Students Association (MSA) in charge of proselytizing. The Chicage Tribune identified the MSA as part of the American manifestation of the Sunni terrorist group Al-Ikhwan Al-Muslimeen – The Muslim Brotherhood. Aref wasn’t just any officer of the University of Michigan - Dearborn Muslim group but was the chief “Conversion to Islam†officer at one of the most pan-Islamist college campuses in the country.

Student Shimaa Abdelfadeel was chair of SAFE at the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor. This group hosted the “2002 Divestment Conference against Israel†with Islamic Jihad founder Sami Al-Arian as keynote speaker.

Obama could ill afford to be remotely associated with, or photographed with any member of a group terrorist group. Good call Obama!

These “thug hugger†students and their sponsors of terrorist sympathizers are sure to get as much air time as possible as they accuse Obama of ethic and religious discrimination.

As many of you may have surmised, I not a big Obama fan, That being said, I will go to bat for him and defend him on this issue.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/20..._grievanc.html#

http://media.www.michigandaily.com/media/s...y-2508034.shtml

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11168.html

As many of you may have surmised, I not a big Obama fan,

So much for CHANGE.

This isn't the first time Obama has, um, "changed" political lanes:

* He ripped Hillary Clinton for months for voting to list Iran's Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist organization. Days after Clinton conceded, Obama flipped and said he supported the definition.

* Obama repeatedly vowed to meet with various heads of terror states - most notably Ahmadinejad of Iran - "without preconditions." Then, with the nomination in sight, he zigzagged: "There's no reason why we would necessarily meet with Ahmadinejad. He's not the most powerful person in Iran."

* In October, he supported NAFTA expansion. In March, campaigning in the Ohio primary, he called for a "reopening" of the trade pact's terms. This week, he called his own primary rhetoric "overheated" and said NAFTA has had a positive effect on the US economy.

* Yesterday, after signaling opposition to nuclear power, he told Democratic governors he's open to expanding it.

Change, yes.

But "change we can believe in"?

That remains to be seen

So much for CHANGE.

This isn't the first time Obama has, um, "changed" political lanes:

* He ripped Hillary Clinton for months for voting to list Iran's Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist organization. Days after Clinton conceded, Obama flipped and said he supported the definition.

Do you have a link for this? I just looked at Sen Obamas web site and it still shows him as being opposed to the amendment.

Opposed Bush-Cheney Saber Rattling: Obama opposed the Kyl-Lieberman amendment, which says we should use our military presence in Iraq to counter the threat from Iran. Obama believes that it was reckless for Congress to give George Bush any justification to extend the Iraq War or to attack Iran. Obama also introduced a resolution in the Senate declaring that no act of Congress – including Kyl-Lieberman – gives the Bush administration authorization to attack Iran.

Obama site

* Obama repeatedly vowed to meet with various heads of terror states - most notably Ahmadinejad of Iran - "without preconditions." Then, with the nomination in sight, he zigzagged: "There's no reason why we would necessarily meet with Ahmadinejad. He's not the most powerful person in Iran."

According to his web site:

Diplomacy: Obama is the only major candidate who supports tough, direct presidential diplomacy with Iran without preconditions. Now is the time to pressure Iran directly to change their troubling behavior. Obama would offer the Iranian regime a choice. If Iran abandons its nuclear program and support for terrorism, we will offer incentives like membership in the World Trade Organization, economic investments, and a move toward normal diplomatic relations. If Iran continues its troubling behavior, we will step up our economic pressure and political isolation. Seeking this kind of comprehensive settlement with Iran is our best way to make progress.

* In October, he supported NAFTA expansion. In March, campaigning in the Ohio primary, he called for a "reopening" of the trade pact's terms. This week, he called his own primary rhetoric "overheated" and said NAFTA has had a positive effect on the US economy.

Do you have anything to support this? The info I can find does not corroborate what you have stated.

* Yesterday, after signaling opposition to nuclear power, he told Democratic governors he's open to expanding it.

When did he say he opposed it? I have found quotes from 2007 (I did not look farther back) that say he was for it but it was not the magic bullet.

Do you have anything to support this? The info I can find does not corroborate what you have stated.

I posted this in another post, but will post it here so you can determine whether it corroborates sky high's statement:

My hope -- and less than inspirational foretelling -- appears to be coming to fruition. I am glad that Obama is coming to his senses.

"In an interview with Fortune to be featured in the magazine's upcoming issue, the presumptive Democratic nominee suggests he doesn't want to unilaterally blow up NAFTA after all."

"Sometimes during campaigns the rhetoric gets overheated and amplified, he conceded, after I reminded him that he had called NAFTA "devastating" and "a big mistake," despite nonpartisan studies concluding that the trade zone has had a mild, positive effect on the U.S. economy."

What Obama says now is that he believes in "opening up a dialogue" with trading partners Canada and Mexico "and figuring to how we can make this work for all people. That tone stands in marked contrast to his primary campaign's anti-NAFTA fusillades."

Obama: NAFTA not so bad after all

Not sure what this has to do with the question I asked. I asked for supporting evidence that his position on the Iraqi Revolutionary guard changed. Neither of your links address that question.

I also asked whether Sen. Obama met Mr. Rezko before he was exposed. There is no information to support that Sen Obama knew of Mr. Rezkos criminal involvement when they first knew each other.

Perhaps next time you will actually provide an argument addressing the issues instead of being a smart ass and writing nothing of any relevance to the issues in question.

You may wish to look at Gilding's post above for an example of how to address an issue. Just an idea.

Perhaps next time you will actually provide an argument addressing the issues instead of being a smart ass and writing nothing of any relevance to the issues in question.

You may wish to look at Gilding's post above for an example of how to address an issue. Just an idea.

the ISSUE was FLIP FLOPPING, that was MY POINT............I PROVIDED TWO LINKS THAT SUPPORTED THAT CLAIM.

SMART ASS!

the ISSUE was FLIP FLOPPING, that was MY POINT............I PROVIDED TWO LINKS THAT SUPPORTED THAT CLAIM.

SMART ASS!

Then you should have stated that and not quoted my question about a single issue that you posted (which by the way you have still not responded too). The two links you posted still have nothing to do with the question I asked. I am not denying that his positions have changed (he is a politician after all). What I am questioning is if his position changed on the issue that you referred to. The information I have indicates that he has not. Do you have anything that contradicts that or not?

Ok, I'll admit, I've had a NOBAMA attitude on this tread. It's disappointing to see your choice of candidate so bluntly, dismissed......many feel she was dragged through the mud.
He has bridges to build with many Hillary supporters. Democrats who wont be bullied into support. I bet McCain has no problem "courting" Clinton supporters.

It will be interesting, Cosworth.
=)

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old
Texas rancher, whose hand was caught in a gate
while working cattle, the doctor struck up a
conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic
got around to Obama and his bid to be our President.

The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a
'post turtle'.' Not being familiar with the term, the
doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was. The old
rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country
road and you come across a fence post with a
turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.'

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's
face, so he continued to explain. 'You know he
didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up
there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up
there, and you just wonder what kind of a dumb ass
put him up there!.''

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old
Texas rancher, whose hand was caught in a gate
while working cattle, the doctor struck up a
conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic
got around to Obama and his bid to be our President.

The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a
'post turtle'.' Not being familiar with the term, the
doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was. The old
rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country
road and you come across a fence post with a
turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.'

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's
face, so he continued to explain. 'You know he
didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up
there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up
there, and you just wonder what kind of a dumb ass
put him up there!.''

You could have replaced Obama with George in this story and it would have been funnier.