Bloomberg: "Enormous Labor Blunder"

If it's a helicopter, it is designated Marine One when the president is on board.

Correction... if it is a Marine helo, it is Marine One. I won't guarantee it, but in the extremely rare chance POTUS winds up on an Army, Navy, Coast Guard or Air Force helo, I don't think any of those branches would be permitted to use the Marine's call sign...

There was a blunder all right. I know lots of people here were hellbent on saying no to any sort of concession after what went down in '03. But I have to ask a very simple question: would we have been better off with the contracts that some TWU groups rejected? Or will we be better off with a bankruptcy contract.

Obviously it is way too late to change course now, but as long as we're throwing blame around...

Blame labor!

Lather, rinse, repeat.

When you look at the successful airlines in the market, they share a common aspect. Good employee relations.

Absent meaningful movement in this area at AA, we're screwed.

I just read Hortons first letter to his "Colleagues", which is a change from Arpeys singular, 'Colleague".

Last sentence in paragraph 8:

"We can get it done together, recognizing that we are in this together"

There was a blunder all right. I know lots of people here were hellbent on saying no to any sort of concession after what went down in '03. But I have to ask a very simple question: would we have been better off with the contracts that some TWU groups rejected? Or will we be better off with a bankruptcy contract.

Obviously it is way too late to change course now, but as long as we're throwing blame around...
Had we bought anything last year, it would have given the company, in effect, a second bite at the apple. Now, hopefully, they, only get one.

Reactions: 1 person
Blame labor!

Lather, rinse, repeat.

When you look at the successful airlines in the market, they share a common aspect. Good employee relations.

Absent meaningful movement in this area at AA, we're screwed.

I just read Hortons first letter to his "Colleagues", which is a change from Arpeys singular, 'Colleague".

Last sentence in paragraph 8:

"We can get it done together, recognizing that we are in this together"

SOS.