Boarding Changes Coming for U

AOG-N-IT

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
15:32 EST Wednesday
US Airways changes boarding pass policies at Lambert
US Airways passengers in St. Louis will need to get a boarding pass before going through security screening beginning Dec. 5.

The U.S. Transportation Safety Administration said it was making the change as part of its effort eliminate gate screening. On Dec. 5, the changes take place in St. Louis, Cincinnati and Detroit, followed by New York LaGuardia on Dec. 10. On Dec. 17, the policy goes into effect in Cleveland, Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, Pittsburgh and Houston Intercontinental airports.

I would imagine , that proper company ID would allow us the same access to the boarding areas that we have always had.

I would be more concerned for those Non-Revs on our family pass privledges being hassled..or folks flying on a Buddy-Pass

Then the issue comes to mind about the Furloughee's that have travel benefits. Will they have to tie up ticket counter workers too?

This policy, which appears to be headed for implementation at most major airports, will finally lead to the elimination of those moronic gestapo-like, gate searches. Not only are they intrusive, but getting pulled over means you lose your overhead space. When I think of all the times I have flown transcon for 5 hours, only to be tossed at the gate in the hub, it drives me nuts. Forget that they are hassling US1-2-3's, on whom they have more data than their families do. At the same time, they are boarding walk ups and other low milers who are just buying the cheapest tix they can find, and they have no data on them at all. When you turn up with a ticket that shows you are taking a connection, how do they think you got there?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/27/2002 5:00:09 PM AOG-N-IT wrote:

I would imagine that proper company ID would allow us the same access to the boarding areas that we have always had.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Wrong. What we're hearing from the TSA is that showing an airline ID won't work anymore unless it is for that particular airport. That means getting a boarding pass (good) or a standby card (not as good) in order to pass thru security, just like it is in Europe...

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/27/2002 10:41:08 PM deelmakur wrote:
[P]. Forget that they are hassling US1-2-3's, on whom they have more data than their families do. At the same time, they are boarding walk ups and other low milers who are just buying the cheapest tix they can find, and they have no data on them at all. When you turn up with a ticket that shows you are taking a connection, how do they think you got there?[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Unfortunately the requirements are continuous screening and if the Preferred are boarding someone is going to get nabbed for screening. Also the conx thing is a problem, however there is no requirement that you stay within the secure area when making a conx. I work Express a couple nights a week and most of the flights are conx only. We still have to pick someone to be screened. I cant wait til this is no longer policy. Try picking 1 person out of the 5 booked when no one has been computer picked and see what kind of look they give you! [/P]
3.gif']

You dont think a terrorist could be a US1 ? Please I say search at random and if they happen to be a frequent travler then so be it! Its this attitude that got us here in the first place guys!