AA Expanding in New York

It has absolutely nothing to do with labor agreements or outsourcing.

You're correct.....For now....
I don't think anyone can say for sure what may or may not happen down the road. This could lead to bigger things later on,,,who knows?

I stand by my assertion that there will be another domestic airline merger, maybe two, in the coming year or so. I'm not saying an AA/JB marriage might be one of them.
But on the bright side, if there were to be a merger, Jetblue employees could be given 100% of their seniority and still have a very little or no adverse impact on AAers......No further employee morale deterioration in that department!

Jetblue is a major domestic/carribean player in th JFK market. AA more of an International/transcon/carribean player in the JFK market.
Might be more to this agreement than meets the eye.

Oh. So, you live your life on the philosophy that "just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't some people out to get me", huh? Saying that this is going to lead to something other than an interline agreement makes me think of those US Airways employees who decided that a merger between AA and LCC was imminent because LCC employees took over ground services for AA (which was staffed with contract employees already) at some out of the way station.

So, JB has a presence in the Caribbean. Once again, if we also serve the same destination, no interline agreement on that route. It expands our connecting passenger opportunities, and provides a convenience (baggage transfer) for those passengers.

Obviously an attempt to outsource all JFK flying. Maybe we should just go ahead and transfer the 777s to JB now so they can get them repainted in time for the Summer TA season. :lol:

There may indeed be more to this than meets the eye, but it's probably not what you think it is...

I'll save the white paper analysis for another time, but the short version is I see more LCC's engaging in selective interlining, and maybe the legacies taking a few steps back and being a little more selective in who they choose to interline with. I don't think it's out of the question to eventually see a scenario where a carrier like AA would no longer honor DL-plated tickets, and no longer thru-check bags for customer connecting to a DL flight.

Oh. So, you live your life on the philosophy that "just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't some people out to get me", huh?
Obviously an attempt to outsource all JFK flying. Maybe we should just go ahead and transfer the 777s to JB now so they can get them repainted in time for the Summer TA season. :lol:

WHOA there, jim.......All I said was that there MIGHT be something down the road....Something could mean ANYTHING....
ANYTHING could mean joining ONEWORLD,,,or enhanced agreements in the future....and yes, maybe a merger....ANYTHING......

Could also mean what eolesen posted...
WHO KNOWS?

I'm not the one here who's seeing black helicopters overhead.....

There may indeed be more to this than meets the eye, but it's probably not what you think it is...

I'll save the white paper analysis for another time, but the short version is I see more LCC's engaging in selective interlining, and maybe the legacies taking a few steps back and being a little more selective in who they choose to interline with. I don't think it's out of the question to eventually see a scenario where a carrier like AA would no longer honor DL-plated tickets, and no longer thru-check bags for customer connecting to a DL flight.

Interesting choice in partners ...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4137449/emergency-landing

"Birds of a feather ..."

Article about AA's position in NY.

http://industry.bnet.com/travel/10005521/american-airlines-fights-for-new-york-supremacy-with-jetblues-help/

Interesting choice in partners ...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4137449/emergency-landing

"Birds of a feather ..."
AA needs NY its one of the best markets. very limit slots. You'll need a partnership to grow in this market unless you merge or buy someone out. It happen to best of the airlines in the world.

With all the talk of a possible UA/Usair merger. The possibility of AA going after JB in a few years is starting to make
some sense to me.

Maybe it will be Jetblue buying American... after all, they've got better access to credit at the moment..

With the new federal anti-stapling law, does it matter anymore whether a combination is a merger or an acquisition of assets?

Maybe it will be Jetblue buying American... after all, they've got better access to credit at the moment..

Either way the combine company would be the biggest airline in JFK. AA has said that they intend
to defend the NY market what better way of combining this two companies. Actually it might be nice
if it is jetblue buying. AA needs new "fresh" blood to bring it to 21 century. If jetblue management
comes to AA the possibilities are endless. make all the 737 compatible to JB with live tv, leather
seat, free snacks..........I hope its JB buying AA. Also with the new seniority laws the integrations of the
work groups should be not problems.........Everyone gets date of hire.......essentially all JB employees
would come in the bottom bieng that AA work force is much more senior........

Either way the combine company would be the biggest airline in JFK. AA has said that they intend
to defend the NY market what better way of combining this two companies. Actually it might be nice
if it is jetblue buying. AA needs new "fresh" blood to bring it to 21 century. If jetblue management
comes to AA the possibilities are endless. make all the 737 compatible to JB with live tv, leather
seat, free snacks..........I hope its JB buying AA. Also with the new seniority laws the integrations of the
work groups should be not problems.........Everyone gets date of hire.......essentially all JB employees
would come in the bottom bieng that AA work force is much more senior........
One thing is for certain - IF the present BOD and AMR mismanagement does anything, it will be what profits them the most personally, much the same as any sticking points that would exist in the reported merger talks of UAL and another airline.

I do like your "s'pose", however, not sure what would happen to the maintenance end of things - my bet would be for it to disappear as we know it. That may well be what Little and his owners in Centrepork have in mind - a quick Chapter 11 filing and sale to a MRO operator like Lufthansa or the Chinese devils that were sniffing around Tulsa some time ago.

B6 will think twice before doing that to much cost added to their structure. Unless AA sheds cost and debt real quick. Would B6 invest or loan money to them maybe once they sign latin america routes or the european routes over to B6.