AA Expanding in New York

I find it comical that we're "reaffirming our commitment to the New York market"...again.

Did someone realize slashing service across the board in the New York market was a bad idea? I mean come on, the largest air travel market in the country and we've been retreating faster than the French army in the face of the Blitzkrieg.

The MBA kiddies must've "Drilled down" and "On a granular level" reevaluated the data... :lol:

Either way the combine company would be the biggest airline in JFK. AA has said that they intend
to defend the NY market what better way of combining this two companies. Actually it might be nice
if it is jetblue buying. AA needs new "fresh" blood to bring it to 21 century. If jetblue management
comes to AA the possibilities are endless. make all the 737 compatible to JB with live tv, leather
seat, free snacks..........I hope its JB buying AA. Also with the new seniority laws the integrations of the
work groups should be not problems.........Everyone gets date of hire.......essentially all JB employees
would come in the bottom bieng that AA work force is much more senior........

I love how AA agrees to a codeshare in Boston and NY with JBLU, and all of a sudden AA is buying them. It is sort of like how BA/AA is merging every time the ATI subject came up, even when there is laws in place that prevent that. Come on guys, there is no mention of merger over here, it is an attempt for AA to retrieve market share against DAL, nothing more...

[quote name='damajagua' date='08 April 2010 - 11:19 AM' timestamp='1270743560' post='739242Also with the new seniority laws the integrations of the
work groups should be not problems.........Everyone gets date of hire.......essentially all JB employees
would come in the bottom bieng that AA work force is much more senior........[/quote]

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on one's perspective, that's not what the new labor integration law says...

Jim

I love how AA agrees to a codeshare in Boston and NY with JBLU, and all of a sudden AA is buying them. It is sort of like how BA/AA is merging every time the ATI subject came up, even when there is laws in place that prevent that. Come on guys, there is no mention of merger over here, it is an attempt for AA to retrieve market share against DAL, nothing more...
There was no mention of a merger when AA did the same exact thing with Reno Air on the west coast. After about 3 or 4 years of an agreement with Reno, AA went ahead and bought the airline.
One side note here, about 6 AA Flt. Svc. managers went to JetBlue about 3 years ago and JetBlue just went to using Sabre for their Res system. Seems to me that this is all leading up to a merger. I've seen it before.

I agree with your overall point, but there isn't even an agreement to codeshare in NYC and BOS; all AA and B6 have agreed to so far is an interline agreement.

I agree with your overall point, but there isn't even an agreement to codeshare in NYC and BOS; all AA and B6 have agreed to so far is an interline agreement.

What amazes me here is that many people immediately rule out a merger, takeover, whatever. Many of us who been in the airline industry for decades have seen it all. NEVER rule ANYTHING out. Look at what has happened just over the past 40 years. PAN AM took over National BEFORE deregulation, Eastern, Delta ate up west coast airlines. ..Western and PSA just to name a couple.

How many PAN AM employees said "OH, DON'T WORRY, THE GOVERNMENT WILL NEVER LET THE BIG BLUE BALL DEFLATE.....They'll never let PANAM go under....

Nowadays, I would never rule ANY merger out, regardless of who it is....

True, it may just be an interline agreement now,,,,and although this is just a discussion forum, I don't see how anybody can rule anything out.

What amazes me here is that many people immediately rule out a merger, takeover, whatever. Many of us who been in the airline industry for decades have seen it all. NEVER rule ANYTHING out. Look at what has happened just over the past 40 years. PAN AM took over National BEFORE deregulation, Eastern, Delta ate up west coast airlines. ..Western and PSA just to name a couple.

How many PAN AM employees said "OH, DON'T WORRY, THE GOVERNMENT WILL NEVER LET THE BIG BLUE BALL DEFLATE.....They'll never let PANAM go under....

Nowadays, I would never rule ANY merger out, regardless of who it is....

True, it may just be an interline agreement now,,,,and although this is just a discussion forum, I don't see how anybody can rule anything out.

Actually, USAir ate up PSA, but this is wishful thinking, true anything could happen, but this is mostly wishful thinking. Do you know how many times I have heard, Oh, our CEO is in Houston, OR USAir CEO is going to Chicago today. Last year it was Alaska, and BA. You guys are making something out of nothing, just relax, you guys have negotiations going on in all work groups, which you should be focusing on. Not what, MAY or MAY NOT happen, in years to come based on nothing really.

AA is developing a new RES system with HP, So sabre needs as many customers to offset the lost of one of their biggest customer. Jetstream will be the new RES but don't know who will be run it as yet AA staff or a vendor like sabre. B6 is moving to sabre because its more interline friendly compare to B6 own RES. If investor from AA believe it will bring their shares up or value of the company up they will go for it. B6 investor will be happy with the buy out but a merger will be a stock swap for AA stock for B6 stock it will bring value but less compare to a buy out. For now AA is not planning nothing big other than alliances and codeshares. AA will see who will fail first and buy those asset that fit their ops best for now/ future.

Oh, so we (AA employees) should not be concerned with what may or may not happen in the future. Ok. Let's see now. Who started this may or may not happen thread? UAL and CAL may be merging

I'll wait while you click on the link.

Right, because of what was said by the CEO of CAL airlines, not by some made up speculation with nothing backing it, but interline/codesharing. JIM, I'm sorry, but your post has ZERO merit.

Actually, USAir ate up PSA, but this is wishful thinking, true anything could happen, but this is mostly wishful thinking. Do you know how many times I have heard, Oh, our CEO is in Houston, OR USAir CEO is going to Chicago today. Last year it was Alaska, and BA. You guys are making something out of nothing, just relax, you guys have negotiations going on in all work groups, which you should be focusing on. Not what, MAY or MAY NOT happen, in years to come based on nothing really.

Wishful thinking? I dont think anyone from AA wants to see another merger. Whats being said isnt based on nothing either, its based on 30 years of observation.

Latest posts