BOD meeting for tomorrow????

767jetz

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
UAL777flyer,

I'm supprised! your sources are slow this week. I heard this rumor 2 days ago in Los Angeles.[:bigsmile:]

I hope it's true.

I still like the idea of a former UA pilot[:sun:]

Just heard there is an unscheduled BOD meeting for tomorrow and that a possible CEO announcement could be made. Let''s hope this source proves to be correct!

I hope you (and your source) are right. It's time to fill the leadership void at United.

BTW, are you still projecting that the choice will be Brennan from Vanguard mutual fund group?

LOL! You know how it is in this environment......rumors are everywhere. But who knows. As for my projections, I don't really have any. I will say that I heard from a good source that John Brennan was the #1 candidate. We'll see if it turns out to be true.

Also hearing today that apparently there is apprehension on anyone outside coming in to run UA with bankruptcy looming in the air as a possibility. The candidates they have are hesitant, and thus, Gerry Greenwald's name is floating around as possibly coming back to run UA.

----------------
On 8/23/2002 3:31:44 PM

Also hearing today that apparently there is apprehension on anyone outside coming in to run UA with bankruptcy looming in the air as a possibility. The candidates they have are hesitant, and thus, Gerry Greenwald's name is floating around as possibly coming back to run UA.
----------------

Nah! GG only presides over companies making billions in profits from employee concessions and leaves before the future employee contracts he has agreed to are even neogtiated! Oh, and anyone who is pi$$ed at what Goodwin left with should have seen the size of GG's bag of loot! I hear it was large even by Vail retiree standards!! BTW, GG's advise to me while on my jumpseat," Hold on to your ESOP stock, you are going to make MILLIONS from it!" Thank God he didn't go into the investment biz!! And, for anyone who thinks that the whole "parity plus" contract idea was only for USAir pilots and UAL F/A's, THAT was what GG thought the pilot contract should be initially. I asked him if superior profits of a superior airline with a superior safety record were worth average pay. He said, "That's not the point!" I never DID get the point, apparently!

I hope against hope we do not take THAT backward step! I will take Brennan for CEO, McDannel for COO, Brace for CFO, and whoever the h3ll will attempt to grow this airline back to profitability and worldwide acceptance as a global leader, as President! Not too much to ask, is it??[:)]

mancityfan

mancityfan,

I agree wholeheartedly with you. I hope Brennan is the guy. However, who knows what's "really" going on. Lots of disinformation being spread around. I heard from someone "in the know" that Creighton will not be taking any more appointments after September 1st. If that's true, that would lead me to believe an announcement on the CEO will be made by then. But as I said, who knows what's "really" going on. I just wish they'd get on with it already. A new CEO will most likely inject some life into this company and give us some forward momentum to build on (provided they don't make a bonehead choice to run the company, of course. Not like that's ever happened before!![:bigsmile:] ), which is something we desperately need.

Regarding Jack Creighton's not taking appointments after Sunday, Sept. 1st: This could be because this is his 70th birthday and the governance rules for the BOD is that the CEO cannot serve past age 70. This leads to the specualation that if a new CEO is not announced by next Friday, could Jake Brace step up to be interim until all the labor/ATSB issues are resolved in time for a BK or a new CEO? Also, remember all the merger rumors from 2 years ago....America West was the topic of conversation and then boom, it is announced that US Airways is our cruel mistress....disinformation train runs fast previous to real announcements. Who knows, the Brennan rumor could be a ruse since the other rumors are that whoever it is, is bringing a partner and team with them....Brenneman is good friends with Texas Pacific Group....makes you wonder!

electric-jet[:)]