BOS,LGA,andLAS bases to close in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't we also read, " And we told Mesa Airlines to go relieve themselves up a rope." Why not draw down capacity by pulling their contract? That would be enough to collapse their circus tent.

Why didn't we also read, " And we told Mesa Airlines to go relieve themselves up a rope." Why not draw down capacity by pulling their contract? That would be enough to collapse their circus tent.
Because the company likes running a virtual airline less for them to deal with and still kept market shares. Shrink the core airline without the flying.No scope for you

C'mon luvn...I know for a fact you are smarter than that.

The key word here is "contract".

I'm sure if the end date of their "contract" was near, Mesa wold go bye bye, but I'm sure you know, it doesn't end for a few years...

C'mon luvn...I know for a fact you are smarter than that.

The key word here is "contract".
Thanks for the unmerited vote of confidence.

The key word should be "leverage". USAirways has it over Mesa and should try using a little of it to mitigate the effects on it's own employees. I wouldn't be surprised if Republic doesn't offer Mesa some go-away money to reduce their flying and Mesa takes it, given their dire situation. Then Republic has the leverage over USAirways.

This announcement is nothing more than pruning for a merger. This article is an interesting read, and I'm not suggesting a merger with UA either. Investors seem to be reopening their wallets. 2010 will be an interesting year.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/aab0d3d0-c334-11...amp;segid=03058

It make sense. A lot of these route reductions and layoffs would be necessary in a merger anyway. Sounds like they are just taking care of this part of the merger before the actual merger.

really what airline needs a focus city in every ne city anyways..now that can cut down at put planes where they will work.

And replace Mesa with what? Republic? You need Mesa to make sure Republic knows you aren't afraid to slum it.

I don't see how this portends a merger. It's simply an airline trying to turn a profit. All in all, it sounds about right, though Boston is a bit surpising just because I figured it was relatively higher yeilding. I suppose they are surrendering it to Jet Blue....hey now there is a good Merger, US+JetBlue :)

Also, you heard it here first, the corporate HQ will relocate to either CLT or DC within the next 2 years.

It's nice to see Zurich and Brussels go full year around on bigger equipment however...since when has DCA been a Hub? Oh that's right...after the slots transaction...

If you don't like the gloomy news then quit and find a REAL job...

my condolences to those who lose their jobs but hey...us kettles want $25 Transcon Fares...you have no one to blame but yourselves for driving the high yield revenue customers away.

Did you really just make such a post. I've always thought you were an incredible jerk and this post just solidifies my thoughts about you. People are going to lose their jobs now is not the time to be making jokes at our expense. I know you're pissed off about not having anymore buddy passes but this is low even for you.

And replace Mesa with what? Republic? You need Mesa to make sure Republic knows you aren't afraid to slum it.

I don't see how this portends a merger. It's simply an airline trying to turn a profit. All in all, it sounds about right, though Boston is a bit surpising just because I figured it was relatively higher yeilding. I suppose they are surrendering it to Jet Blue....hey now there is a good Merger, US+JetBlue :)

Also, you heard it here first, the corporate HQ will relocate to either CLT or DC within the next 2 years.

CLT, and sooner than you think.

What does this mean for boston?

Do they lose all of their service other than flights to hubs and shuttle destinations?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts