Bottom line

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
The bottom line is that the only way to repay the TWU is to just get rid of them. I don''t think we will fare any better with AMFA, but the TWU must pay the penalty by losing millions in union dues.

----------------
On 7/4/2003 11:01:29 AM Hopeful wrote:

The bottom line is that the only way to repay the TWU is to just get rid of them. I don't think we will fare any better with AMFA, but the TWU must pay the penalty by losing millions in union dues.

----------------​
WHO is the TWU in your mind anyway?

WHO is it that supports AMFA, in your mind?

Are you referring to the overnight cabin service people who were displaced to bring in an outside contractor who will be represented by the TWU?

Or are you referring to the TWU setting the stage to eliminate mechanics'' jobs in 1983 just to give the work to the other constituents of the TWU?

The airlines are going to do what they need AND want to do. But to have the TWU in bed with them is wrong!

----------------

The bottom line is that the only way to repay the TWU is to just get rid of them. I don''t think we will fare any better with AMFA, but the TWU must pay the penalty by losing millions in union dues.

----------------​
Then what should amfa do for the thousands of jobs they have given away the last few years?

Sorry Buck, I was responding to James Little,, I mean James T. Kirk!

----------------
On 7/4/2003 11:46:46 AM James T. Kirk wrote:

----------------

----------------​
Then what should amfa do for the thousands of jobs they have given away the last few years?

----------------​
And when should the TWU be held accountable for the thousands, if not millions of dollars members have lost to the two tier wage scales since 1983?

THE LATEST FROM THE TWU EXCUSE
[url="http://www.air-mechanic.com/images/DictatorExcuse.jpg"]http://www.air-mechanic.com/images/DictatorExcuse.jpg[/URL]

DictatorExcuse.jpg

----------------
On 7/4/2003 12:44:08 PM Hopeful wrote:

Are you referring to the overnight cabin service people who were displaced to bring in an outside contractor who will be represented by the TWU?

Or are you referring to the TWU setting the stage to eliminate mechanics'' jobs in 1983 just to give the work to the other constituents of the TWU?

The airlines are going to do what they need AND want to do. But to have the TWU in bed with them is wrong!

----------------​
I am referring to the "B scale" through the OSM classification. AA and the TWU have conspired to

1) AA has gained the ability to have their work accomplished at a much lower rate and not have to seek outside facilities outside the company to have it done.

2) TWU has negotiated contract after contract in a concessionary manner to acheive their goal of keeping as many dues payers working as possible.

This is a "WIN WIN" situation for both parties. Can you say Company Union?

The only good thing I can say about the TWU is that they take care of themselves. When they have taken away mecanics'' work they handed them over to other TWU workers while still maintaing their ranks. You see all those people cleaning the aircraft on the overnight? They are paying TWU dues.

I guess your right, the TWU doesn''t give away work.

What can the AMFA do for the laid off TWA mechanics who were being laid off while at the same time AA was filling a vacancy by hiring off the street?

Can local 563 being fined for not filing a grievance?
Taken from the TWU constitution--
Section 1. Filing Complaints: Any member of a Local Union or the section of a Local Union where sections are established, feeling that he/she has been unjustly dealt with by the employer or the employer''s agents shall file with the local union or section or such officer as may be designated, his/her complaint, the form for which shall be furnished by the Local Union.

Seems like local 563 also knew that AA was hiring off the street and said the company really messed up but they didn''t notify ANY of the mechanics being laid off.

Would AMFA at least file a grievance?

How about telling where to get the company master seniority seniority list to show where ALL THE LAID OFF MECHANICS AA AND TWA FIT AND GET ALL THE TRUTH OUT. MAYBE MORE FOLKS WILL GET A BETTER PICTURE OF HOW BAD THE TWU REALLY IS.

----------------
On 7/4/2003 9:32:27 PM Workingman wrote:

What can the AMFA do for the laid off TWA mechanics who were being laid off while at the same time AA was filling a vacancy by hiring off the street?

AMFA can only administer the existing contract. Any potential changes that may reflect your question could ne addressed at that time.

Can local 563 being fined for not filing a grievance?
Taken from the TWU constitution--
Section 1. Filing Complaints: Any member of a Local Union or the section of a Local Union where sections are established, feeling that he/she has been unjustly dealt with by the employer or the employer''s agents shall file with the local union or section or such officer as may be designated, his/her complaint, the form for which shall be furnished by the Local Union.

Seems like local 563 also knew that AA was hiring off the street and said the company really messed up but they didn''t notify ANY of the mechanics being laid off.

After you have exhausted all internal procedures within the TWU constitution then you could look into a "Duty of Fair Representation" filing. It is the responsibility of your union representitive to ensure that no violations occur, but it is your responsibility to notify the the union.

Would AMFA at least file a grievance?

You would file the grievence, the union would take it from that point. However, I want to restate that if AMFA were to become the representitive, they can only administer the current contract until it becomes amendable.

How about telling where to get the company master seniority seniority list to show where ALL THE LAID OFF MECHANICS AA AND TWA FIT AND GET ALL THE TRUTH OUT. MAYBE MORE FOLKS WILL GET A BETTER PICTURE OF HOW BAD THE TWU REALLY IS.

That is the responsibility of your union. The company no longer has to provide you with a list, it was change last contract I believe?

----------------​

What kind of a company is AA when the CEO lies in court? Can any of you say AA was giving jobs to as many TWA folks as possible while they kept laying TWA mechanics off and at the same time hired off the street to fill a vacant spot at another station? What kind of company is AA when the upper crust in management lie to their own employees by paying themselves and asking them to give up so much so they can line their own bank accounts?

What kind of a union is TWU when they don''t follow there own constitutuion and are well aware of the company being so unjust?

----------------
On 7/4/2003 9:47:57 PM Workingman wrote:

What kind of a company is AA when the CEO lies in court? Can any of you say AA was giving jobs to as many TWA folks as possible while they kept laying TWA mechanics off and at the same time hired off the street to fill a vacant spot at another station? What kind of company is AA when the upper crust in management lie to their own employees by paying themselves and asking them to give up so much so they can line their own bank accounts?

What kind of a union is TWU when they don''t follow there own constitutuion and are well aware of the company being so unjust?

----------------​
Exactly!