"But AMTRAK charges for all beverages" is a lame excuse

Amtrak isn't even an airline, let alone a legacy airline,

Hello, where is the marketing dept? We are a legacy, but not technically in the way Tempe wants everyone to think we are. Where is the rebranding? Hybrid, lcc? Anyone awake out there??? We need to change the publics perception of US. This is what should be on their minds right now to get people to rethink about how they fly and what we actually are. Manage expectations and redefine what flying is with the new a la carte pricing.
Also, I dont know if they are trying to lay low or what, but I thought a comical approach to WNs new ads about fees would be to show a family with their carryon bag in tow and another family that has 6 or 8 bags (topped off with a kitchen sink) with a tag line.... Do you REALLY want to pay for your seatmates to bring everything, INCLUDING the kitchen sink? Then explain a la carte pricing and how YOU can choose what you really want to pay for and nothing else (Including your fellow travelers fees.)

Hello, where is the marketing dept? We are a legacy, but not technically in the way Tempe wants everyone to think we are. Where is the rebranding? Hybrid, lcc? Anyone awake out there??? We need to change the publics perception of US. This is what should be on their minds right now to get people to rethink about how they fly and what we actually are. Manage expectations and redefine what flying is with the new a la carte pricing.
Also, I dont know if they are trying to lay low or what, but I thought a comical approach to WNs new ads about fees would be to show a family with their carryon bag in tow and another family that has 6 or 8 bags (topped off with a kitchen sink) with a tag line.... Do you REALLY want to pay for your seatmates to bring everything, INCLUDING the kitchen sink? Then explain a la carte pricing and how YOU can choose what you really want to pay for and nothing else (Including your fellow travelers fees.)

good point

Is LCC a legacy carrier, being the "carrier of choice" in the Star Alliance, with a First Class cabin (and high fares)? Or is LCC really an LCC, offering low fares now even lower with the advent of al a carte pricing? The marketing is just non-existent.

Ok this can be debated until the cows come home. Let me go on record AGAIN in saying that I see NOTHING wrong with selling beverages to a degree. What I DO have a problem with is the rush to do it. It will be a mess at times in making change. I also have a problem with our VFF's that are being charged the amounts you often see quoted here and then being charged for a drink. It's BS and they shouldn't be charged. There should be a way to do this with hand helds or nothing.

Ok this can be debated until the cows come home. Let me go on record AGAIN in saying that I see NOTHING wrong with selling beverages to a degree. What I DO have a problem with is the rush to do it. It will be a mess at times in making change. I also have a problem with our VFF's that are being charged the amounts you often see quoted here and then being charged for a drink. It's BS and they shouldn't be charged. There should be a way to do this with hand helds or nothing.

I don't remember if Allegiant took credit cards in flight, but I do know they don't have any $1000 fares. They also don't have a First Class cabin, codeshares, connecting flights, or flights more than once a day to the same city. It is NOT a business traveler airline.

Then again, apparently US doesn't want to be a business traveler airline either. US should rip out the First Class cabin, withdraw from Star Alliance, cancel the Dividend Miles program, eliminate through fares (don't want to fly to PHX, CLT or PHL? Fly someone else!), and *then* charging $2 for a Coke will make business sense.

I don't remember if Allegiant took credit cards in flight, but I do know they don't have any $1000 fares. They also don't have a First Class cabin, codeshares, connecting flights, or flights more than once a day to the same city. It is NOT a business traveler airline.

Then again, apparently US doesn't want to be a business traveler airline either. US should rip out the First Class cabin, withdraw from Star Alliance, cancel the Dividend Miles program, eliminate through fares (don't want to fly to PHX, CLT or PHL? Fly someone else!), and *then* charging $2 for a Coke will make business sense.

On that note, don't you think the fine folks at Coca-Cola are going to want to re-negotiate their contract with US? I mean this "ala carte" business is gonna be huge bucks for US AIRWAYS :up:

Don't you think Coke is gonna want a piece of the revenue pie now that their product is being sold and not given away??? :shock:

BTW--to the Sandflea Spies--I'm just posing a question for discussion.....and I've installed "insubordination-check" on my PC :rolleyes:

"The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round..." Again with this soda charge thingy? I agree it was a bonehead move on the part of Tempe. Must be a hot summer! No matter who I've talked to they agree that LCC should just have raised its prices(period).

Truth be told it would have worked. So what do I know? Nothing. I'm just an earth-bound misfit.

So let me introduce U to the WNing LUV! Customers are willing to pay more!!! Yeah, the FAA really put a 'spanking' on LUV :shock:

Please don't compare trains to planes because the ONLY advantage to planes is 'TIME'...if all goes well and your lucky that is. Doesn't matter how others conduct business, just worry about yourselves. Buses are trying to get into the act, too!

Do I win a pony for spotting the two Pink Floyd references in your post?

Actually there was one-earth bound misfit.

You got me on TIME, but I swear it was about travel time.

Your prize is waiting in US coach along with Parker and his family.

Latest posts

Back