California Man Made Drought

eolesen said:
Nope, that's not relief, it's all on the wrong side of the mountains.

Look for massive mudslides... lack of live vegetation means there's little to nothing to hold the ground in place, and that's going to be ugly in a few places along the coast and in the foothills.
I see there are closers due to mud slides along the P.C.H. already.------- No surprise though, that stretch of of road is traitorous and pron to mud, and land, slides. if you've ever traveled Highway 1, you know what I mean.

eolesen said:
Nope, that's not relief, it's all on the wrong side of the mountains.

Look for massive mudslides... lack of live vegetation means there's little to nothing to hold the ground in place, and that's going to be ugly in a few places along the coast and in the foothills.

They're getting snow in the Sierra Nevada's.  It's still below normal for the season though.    California's problem is that it's the nations most populous state with lot's of agriculture yet averages only 22 inches a year in rain.

Well,  the liberal water has been diverted from reservoirs, which supposedly had five year capacity, to the ocean......to preserve some species.......that had been coexisting somewhat until experts fixed the situation.

If it were only that simple.  California a decade ago agreed to reduce their use of water from the Colorado River.  That water has to some from somewhere.

From what I've read it is that simple. They drew down the reservoir 5 yr supply over the past couple years because of some endangered species......not to worry, Cayce said the whole progressive abortion will slide into the sea and be no more......big shake after a lot of rain....Boo Yah...

777 fixer said:
As shown by the chart almost every single reservoir is below average at this time of the year.  Those reservoirs depend on winter storms to be replenished.  Unless they get a deluge the rest of the month they will not be any where near the levels needed for the state.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action

And they have been dumping normally stored water out to the ocean for something more important than economic stability.

Reactions: 2 people
KommieFornia at it's best.
One would think to restrict growth to meet water supply, but we all know that's not going to happen.
New housing popping up everywhere.
As usual, no one is responsible and No one is at the wheel.
Reactionary instead of looking for the future.
Desalinization plants will take years to construct
What do we do in the interim?
Hey let's drain the Hetch Hetchy
and piss away water to save the one eyed newt.
GMAFB!
I'd drill my own well but it would be dry in a year.

B) xUT

Reactions: 2 people
777 fixer said:
They're already working on it.
We drive by the Carlsbad plant under construction on a regular basis, but that's really only going to help San Diego.

The guys up in Los Angeles and Orange Counties? The comments from the guys in San Clemente are proof positive that they've got their heads up their arses.

xUT said:
KommieFornia at it's best.
One would think to restrict growth to meet water supply, but we all know that's not going to happen.
New housing popping up everywhere.
As usual, no one is responsible and No one is at the wheel.
Reactionary instead of looking for the future.
Desalinization plants will take years to construct
What do we do in the interim?
Hey let's drain the Hetch Hetchy
and piss away water to save the one eyed newt.
GMAFB!
I'd drill my own well but it would be dry in a year.

B) xUT
In Calif. you may not own the mineral, or water, rights under your own property. So digging a well, even if you could meet all their regs., which Cailf. is noted for, just may not be legal!

777 fixer said:
Who exactly is "they"?
LA and OC.

The folks in SD and up north are realizing they sit next to an ocean filled with water, and it's a resource.

Meanwhile folks in LA and OC are still talking about rationing and conservation as though it will somehow overcome unfettered growth and a continuing drought...