California Man Made Drought

How could that liberal bastion from hell have unfettered growth with all the burdensome regulation, gays literally flogging in the streets, and green weenies destroying the state by trying save the ecosystem?

Unfettered growth does not fit your 'the world is doomed' mantra when describing kommiefornia. Or perhaps you only use that when it fits what side you are on today?

One would think that people are/would be fleeing in droves with how bad it is in your descriptions.

(BTW, I grew up in San Diego and also lived in the east bay for several years)

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
LA and OC.

The folks in SD and up north are realizing they sit next to an ocean filled with water, and it's a resource.

Meanwhile folks in LA and OC are still talking about rationing and conservation as though it will somehow overcome unfettered growth and a continuing drought...
Saw a sign on the 405 last week, it simply stated "Take a shower with a friend!"-------- But than again, in "Liberal" southern Calif., that may, or may not, have anything to do with the drought!

Glenn Quagmire said:
Unfettered growth does not fit your 'the world is doomed' mantra when describing kommiefornia. Or perhaps you only use that when it fits what side you are on today?

One would think that people are/would be fleeing in droves with how bad it is in your descriptions.
Why do you think NV and AZ have grown so much over the past ten years? It's largely people fleeing CA... I see a lot of developments which are still going strong, so the glut of repo's must have finally worked itself out.

The only thing preventing higher growth rates in AZ and NV has the lack of water. I know when I was living there, development was being ratcheted down where it would overload the available aquifers.

Reactions: 1 person
MCI transplant said:
Saw a sign on the 405 last week, it simply stated "Take a shower with a friend!"-------- But than again, in "Liberal" southern Calif., that may, or may not, have anything to do with the drought!
Totally reasonable advice...

Am I the only one who read this thread title as:  "[a] California Man Made [this] Drought"?

Like this:

CALIFORNIA MAN MADE DROUGHT
Dateline - Modesto:
A local California man is accused of causing a drought as thousands across the state stuggle to stay satiated. Edward Flanagan, 46, a professed gardening enthusiast and taker of long showers, is believed to be the cause of a statewide lack of water. Story at ten.

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:
LA and OC.

The folks in SD and up north are realizing they sit next to an ocean filled with water, and it's a resource.

Meanwhile folks in LA and OC are still talking about rationing and conservation as though it will somehow overcome unfettered growth and a continuing drought...

Since when does one guy from one group speak for all of the people of LA and Orange County.

eolesen said:
Why do you think NV and AZ have grown so much over the past ten years? It's largely people fleeing CA... I see a lot of developments which are still going strong, so the glut of repo's must have finally worked itself out.

You can attribute a lot of that to the insane California real estate market.  In spite of what happened only five years ago the market there is rapidly heating up.

777 fixer said:
Since when does one guy from one group speak for all of the people of LA and Orange County.
Perhaps, but the lack of action on starting up a desalinization plant during the past 10 years speaks louder than words does.

Reactions: 3 people
eolesen said:
Perhaps, but the lack of action on starting up a desalinization plant during the past 10 years speaks louder than words does.

Until recent advances in technology desalination was extremely expensive and energy intensive.

The same mineral oil reflector technology is being used by Arizona Public Service to power their solar generating stations near Casa Grande and Red Rock. The oil gets up to ~500F, so I wonder if that type of plant could be dual purposed -- generate steam for power generation *and* drinking water?...

http://www.solargenix.com/news_details.cfm?id=9

eolesen said:
The same mineral oil reflector technology is being used by Arizona Public Service to power their solar generating stations near Casa Grande and Red Rock. The oil gets up to ~500F, so I wonder if that type of plant could be dual purposed -- generate steam for power generation *and* drinking water?...

http://www.solargenix.com/news_details.cfm?id=9

Sunlight is the one thing California has plenty of.