CLT LGW CLT Trip Report 9/28-30

Hi!! I wasn't going to post one of these but I have to because I listen to so much whining and complaining that I was kind of expecting nasty food, plasticware , broken seats and IFE malfuctions.

I sat in Envoy in 2H and the new seat was very comfy!! I felt like we were being fed THE WHOLE way. We had the plastic cup for champagne at takeoff but we got real glassware the rest of the way and real silverware too!! I ordered the pan fried steak and expected those flat, thin minute steaks and I was very pleasantly surprised to get a real steak. It was a small one, but not much smaller than you would get at a gourmet restaurant. It was SOOOOOOOO good. The salad that was an appetizer was amazing, it had olives and feta cheese and a really good dressing. I also had as many cheese rolls as I could eat. Then we had dessert which was some kind of cinnamon chocolate cake tart thing. It was delicious. The wine that was in a real glass was really good too. The IFE worked just fine, and I didnt see that anyone else's malfunctioned either.

Breakfast was really nice, but I dont really like granola or yogurt. I ate it anyway.

On the way back, I got row 1H and the food again was great. I had the feta wrapped in fried zucchini and then the express meal which was some kind of beef with fried zucchini and sliced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and then a passion fruit tart for dessert. And chocolate muffins!! OMG!! They were so warm and tasty! For lunch we had some kind of burrito, and it was really good as well. Also, the IFE worked fine again!!

Both flights were on time. The flight crew was really sweet, and I didnt personally know all of them so you can't say it's because we were already friends.

I had a wonderful trip and I couldn't really understand what all the evil complaints were. Sure first isn't what it used to be but I was extremely comfortable and happy the whole way.

LOVED IT!! Ready to go again!!
SNN

Here's my pics from the trip!
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/sha...nt=62c14518.pbw

Glad to hear your experience was a good one. My husband said the pan fried steak he had was inedible and that the meal he had in Business Class last month when he flew to London tasted identical to the 99 cent Swanson TV dinners he ate as a child. His coworkers said their steak was inedible as well. Not trying to shoot you down, but people paying in excess of $3000 deserve to have a better experience with their food than to have the lowest common denominator served to them as a meal.
Maybe someone looked at what was being served last month and made a change.

Like a moth to a flame, Forest Bugs are attracted to sleeping girls with blonde hair, where they like to nest and lay eggs. I know a girl that had a Forest Bug nest in her hair, and she said it was like waking up in a Nine Inch Nails video. Good thing she was a huge Trent Reznor fan.

j/k

Anyway, glad you had a nice flight!

Not trying to shoot you down, but people paying in excess of $3000 deserve to have a better experience with their food than to have the lowest common denominator served to them as a meal.

This is not meant in any way to be disrespectful to Shannon. But, I agree Hula Girl. When you experience what other carriers are offering in their premium cabins, you realize that US is not competitive. The meal that Shannon posted doesn't even look as good as what CO or AA serve domestically (and I am not talking about their transcon flights!!!). I've heard from several of my business colleagues that the Envoy seats are incredibly uncomfortable. Shannon is such a tiny thing that she could sit in a ball in the coat closet and be comfortable. ;)

Shannon, I'm glad you had a good trip and enjoyed your experience.

Shannon, I'm glad you had a good trip and enjoyed your experience.

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't know any better, Im used to greasy Wendy's food that people don't catch when I toss it through the window at them. I also lick the Frosties off the wall that people hurl at me. I like chocolate best. :-D

I learned alot about history in London!

It's true that Envoy is out of its league on transatlantic Premium service. BusinessFirst really puts it to shame.

I think they should market Envoy as "Economy Plus" or "BusinessCoach" or something signifying it's really between a Business Class and Coach product. If they charged an appropriate fare, instead of matching the fare on superior competition's product, they might be able to attract the "I just want a bigger seat" crowd.

Shannon I am glad you had a good experience. The sad part is when good experiences are the exception to the rule, but happily for you it all worked out.

I think the harsh reality is that the US product we were used to is gone forever. Since the company can't or won't invest in a competitive premium product, why don't they just learn how to manage customer expectations and stop trying to compete with other carriers' business class?

AA has or had some 757 services to Europe which used the front cabin for elites or full fare customers, but the entire service was coach only. I am not sure they are still doing that, but in the case of the "new" US Airways, it might be appropriate. It's time for them to admit that they are not really interested in being competitive on the premium end, and start creating a customer expectation that they can live up to or exceed.

Time will tell, but I bet before too long this is the way it goes.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, Shannon. Thank you for your nice pictures of both on-board and on the ground.

-Kinglobjaw

Latest posts