Trip Report CLT to SJU 12/24 returning 12/26

JetguyCLT

Advanced
Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Flew down to San Juan on Wednesday, my partner and I went to see his parents for the Holidays. B767 going down, didn't get first but had a aisle and window 18FG. I was suprised that even thought the B767 still has IFE they did not show a movie? FA's did the buy a drink thing and lots a people pulled out their wallets. They even ran out of the InFlight Cafe except for the snack boxes. The FA's took care of us, they were awesome. Even gave us a snackbox and a few drinks. Note on the snack box, that chicken salad it had was nasty! This was a nice flight.

On the way back, got First Class. Now, I know they have cut back on a lot of stuff but please tell me, why are we serving ham sandwiches with cheese whiz on them to people in First Class. SJU to CLT is a little over 3 hours so you think they would offer something better than that. The other choice was a salad. On a brighter note, the FA did have a hot cookie for us too. LOL The lady that was sitting beside me busted out laughing when the FA brought her a cookie. On the flight back, the FA's started pushing the Barclay's US Airways Mastercard, I think US and BOA have ended their CC relationship for new customers. I know they have to do this but its kind of annoying. Was a good flight except for the Ham Sandwich for lunch. Both crews going down and coming back were awesome. We really do work with some of the best pilots and flight attendants in the industry.

the reason why no movie was shown is because we do not show movies anymore on domestic legs even if the a/c has ife installed. we only show movies on intl and hawaii legs. its sucks i know. but thats the way it is.

Really it doesn't matter who was seated where or with whom. I was struck by the paying passenger in First that busted out laughing at the meal. I am sure the ticket prices were right in line with the legacy competition serving hot real 1st class service with a movie to SJU. Here we are charging the same and advertising "First Class" with a sub par sandwich and no entertainment. Instead of Worst to First Tempe should write book Classy to Tacky in 3 years flat!

Now, I know they have cut back on a lot of stuff but please tell me, why are we serving ham sandwiches with cheese whiz on them to people in First Class. SJU to CLT is a little over 3 hours so you think they would offer something better than that.

No offense intended, but I was surprised to see you ask "why are we serving ham sandwiches with cheese whiz on them to people in First Class?" with such a sense of shock in your virtual voice.

The reason is simple: US Airways' products suck.

As long as Tempe continues its quest for the lowest possible common denominator in all things -- except airfare -- they will continue to suck...

-And customers who bought tickets on US based on the namesake's reputation for full-service expecting a similar experience will continue to laugh at the product in order to mask their own feelings of irritation for being duped into paying brie en croute prices for processed cheese food and a nuked Chips Ahoy on a three-hour flight.

-And VFFs who still feel loyal to the airline because of its great employees, but who are being driven away by Tempe's indifference, will long for the "good old days" when cheap cabernet didn't come in a party cup and their nuts were warm.

-And its own employees will shake their collective heads in disgust and embarrassment, recognizing there is absolutely nothing they can do because experience has shown those in charge in the halls of Tempe feel as though they know everything, customers know very little, and employees know absolutely nothing.

That's a whole lot of stuff to interpret from a tablespoon of fake cheese.

the reason why no movie was shown is because we do not show movies anymore on domestic legs even if the a/c has ife installed. we only show movies on intl and hawaii legs. its sucks i know. but thats the way it is.
Since when is SJU considered domestic

Since when is SJU considered domestic

In spite of my strongest urges to do otherwise, I'm going to keep my reply above the belt and just say that Puerto Rico and the USVI are territories of the United States of America.

In spite of my strongest urges to do otherwise, I'm going to keep my reply above the belt and just say that Puerto Rico and the USVI are territories of the United States of America.
BUT it's booked by the international desk--or has that changed too.

The policy is that movies are only shown on European and Hawaiian flights - international is often meant as excluding the Caribbean since those flights are in domestic trip pairings.

Jim

Latest posts