JFK-LAS Round Trip Report

I'm a pax sick of the mediocrity and BS who must muddle on despite higher fares. I still expect service & will abandon PHL & US to find it even if I end up with more mediocrity. I gave Tempe a fair shot despite the dire times all airlines are in. I suspect many FFers who have stuck it out, feel the same.

Barry

Well, that's the entire problem with US and why the tact they took was so poorly thought out and such a monster mistake.

This team has successfully commoditized the product....taken it down to a lower common denominator...and then running a shell game for pricing, further pi$$ing people off.....and thus completely breaking the promise (and ticker symbol) of "Low Cost Carrier."

Furthermore, they took LOTS of people's money, at full $$$ and did not deliver.

Oh well, the whole reason I'm not on the US portion of this board much any more is that I've moved on.

But it is AMAZING....how quickly the people from Tempe/America's Worst ruined a great franchise on the east coast. And now that the wife has successfully taken the buyout, been paid to get out ($20K) and we've moved on, we're one more step removed from the US Airways train wreck.

And now it comes to full fruition...the full-on danger of commoditizing a product....once things in the marketplace happen beyond the company's control...."poof!"

Continental Airlines...learn it....live it....love it....

Watch the train wreck from a distance, it will be easier to deal with, rather then being caught up in it.

You mean you don't enjoy that leisurely romp through my native "Garden State?"

If only I could know that it will be leisurely :rolleyes:

Those rare times we take the tpk, we get on at exit 4 and usually follow the vacuum of those folks breaking the sound barrier heading north. You just never know when there's gonna be an accident which screws the whole thing up ( likewise for 295 in the southern part of the state ). That said, when the traffic and weather are good, EWR is not what I would call a pleasure drive, but neither is it bothersome. Some friends down here are telling me to take the train from outside of Trenton to EWR. Can't quite figure out how we feel about that one. In any case, the late afternoon hours we would drive EWR coinicide with peak traffic. But the day that we take the EWR plunge may be on the horizon. We've gotten spoiled being able to trundle out of the house relatively later and make the 15 mile run to PHL.

Barry