Trip Report CLT to SJU 12/24 returning 12/26

Look, US can degrade this product all they want, but they are doing a HUGE disservice by charging FC prices for this class of service. If a coach ticket is $300 - the FC should be $400 - NOT $800. Change the name to "Better Class" and charge $100 for the upgrade.

I've been blowing that horn for years! Nobody listens!

I disagree completely.

I'm not sure of your job function at US, or whether you're a customer, or what.

Cheez whiz matters to the people who pay for tickets. That ticket revenue is used to pay salaries. No revenue = no salary. So if Cheez whiz doesn't touch your area of job responsibility, or if you don't interact with customers on a daily basis, don't discount it out-of-hand.

Cheez Whiz could be the poster child for the "New US Airways." It about sums up the state of things today.
When someone actually pays for a first class seat them maybe I might care what they get served and please don't tell me all the miles they fly entitles them to a free first class seat.

Round trip 198.00 free upgrade for him and a companion......it's ridiculous.

please don't tell me all the miles they fly entitles them to a free first class seat.

Don't worry - it's the company telling you (and the elites) that all those miles they fly entitles them to a free first class upgrade.

Jim

When someone actually pays for a first class seat them maybe I might care what they get served and please don't tell me all the miles they fly entitles them to a free first class seat.

Round trip 198.00 free upgrade for him and a companion......it's ridiculous.

I'm not going to waste keystrokes trying to explain the value of rewarding long-term loyalty or the ins and outs of the DM program that pretty much prevent the $198s of the world from getting anything other than leftover F inventory.

I'm merely going to suggest that with such a disdainful opinion of customers, perhaps you ought to consider a position with a cargo carrier.

Exactly! How much revenue (aside from beverage purchases :lol: ) is that customer generating to offset the "free" upgrade on a $198 fare?

One of the topics which was discussed at RoachFest '04 was the fact that most of US's elites buy a mix of fares, and VFF's do not want to be penalized for buying cheap fares. For every $198 transcon where the elite gets upgraded on all 4 legs (as has happened to me), there is also a last-minute fare where the same elite does not get upgraded at all (also happened to me). You win some, you lose some.

And while I certainly don't mind a dumbed down F product when it's a free upgrade, I would expect far more if I were paying full freight to sit up front.

I can assure you, the VFF like me...
1) may buy a ticket with 2 hours notice (ultra blow fare)
2) constantly changes itinerary ($100 - $150 ultra blow fare - class 2)
3) cancels flights a lot - ($100 - $150 ultra blow fare - class 3)
4) buys club memberships (so so rip off, but really necessary for frequent strandings)
5) and rarely do we ever use our credits (because we forget and most airlines make it really hard for us to do this)

point - we more than pay for the upgrades we receive AND we also free up coach seats for other unlucky passengers who have had the wonderful opportunity hold boarding passes for oversold aircraft.

And to the other comment about "this guy should fly for a cargo carrier", when I used to work for UPS, they wouldnt want that attitude either. They care a lot for their customers.

Most of our front-line employees know that the product we offer is HUGELY SUBSTANDARD and go over and above to acknowlege it to our customers and try to make it better with more personalized, caring(if not apologetic) customer service.

The problem is the above stated attitude of SOME of our employees. Passengers are our customers and our life-line. They pay our salaries. Tempe may not realize this, but we need to--on a daily basis. And if you aren't willing to give 100% when you are at work, you should work elsewhere. Taking pride in our jobs and doing our best is THE ONLY thing we can do as front-line employees. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY ARE VFF'S OR THE KETTLES, FIRST-CLASS OR COACH

Each day, try to go to work and make a positve difference in at least ONE CUSTOMER'S day---it's not that hard---and IT IS noticed and appreciated by your customers and co-workers alike.

( I know this may sound a little polly-anna-ish, but it does make a big difference.)

We are the best asset this airline has.....we're the ones who will keep(and have kept)US in business... :up:

The serious changes the airline NEEDS to make to be viable must come from Tempe....in the meantime taking care of our customers the best we can(or are allowed to) is our best course of action for keeping the airline afloat......

( I now cede the pulpit...... :rolleyes: )

And you know what is sad... US has some of the best "In flight" crew in the business today. That is the one thing I miss most about US. In fact, US has some of the best employees I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The employees aren't the problem...

I'm not going to waste keystrokes trying to explain the value of rewarding long-term loyalty or the ins and outs of the DM program that pretty much prevent the $198s of the world from getting anything other than leftover F inventory.

I'm merely going to suggest that with such a disdainful opinion of customers, perhaps you ought to consider a position with a cargo carrier.

We are a cargo carrier..... :up:

and by the way I do not hate the customer I hate that all you think you are entitled to something for free.

My Mom is a frequent flyer--she is also a lifetime member of the club. She pays for her first class seat--no she does not want cheese whiz. Maybe they should look at how much the passanger paid for their first class seat and feed accordingly--first class fare and full coach for first class--they get a real meal and first choice.

We are a cargo carrier..... :up:

and by the way I do not hate the customer I hate that all you think you are entitled to something for free.

OH MY GOSH!!! You must work in the Tempe Sandcastle!!! You have the exact same attitude as the managemnet of this company. If you don't work there, Immediately, pack your bags, fly to PHX, cab it to the Sandcastle and apply for the highest level mgmt postion open.....you are a shoo in!!!!

:up: :up:

OK let's try one last time for those who are thick as a brick.

• It's NOT a free upgrade!
  • It's part of a Loyalty Program! Just like the "SuperCard" at the Acme Market
  • Companies must keep pace with their competitors offerings
  • Airlines MAKE MONEY from Loyalty programs, during the dark days post 9/11 Loyalty Programs were the ONLY profitable part of the airline business.

So then the question Doc becomes, "If Airlines earn a significant profit from Loyalty Programs how exactly is my upgrade free?" I eagerly await your answer.

You do get things from being a FF ...free bag check,free trips with miles,free upgrades,go to the top of standby list even when other paying costumer have just had their flight cancel you still go ahead of them if the gate agent does it correctly.

HOW MUCH MORE CAN WE GIVE YOU PLEASE TELL ME BECAUSE I WILL GO DOWN TO MY LOCAL GROCER WHICH BY THE WAY THE IS THE ONLY ONE I GO TO AND TELL I AM NOT GETTING ANYTHING FOR FREE.
THE FF PROGRAM IN THE AVIATION WORLD IS OUT OF CONTROL.

THIS IS THE ONLY BUSINESS THAT GIVES WAY TO MUCH FOR .......FREE.........

Latest posts