CO & UA MERGER INFO

Rubble

Aug 23, 2006
KORD
www.minutebrief.com
www.planebuzz.com

Details On Forthcoming Continental/United Deal; UAL Turning to ExpressJet for Regional Feed on Mesa Cancellations

Article Deleted by Moderator--You may NOT post entire articles without the permission of the author/publisher. The links may remain, but the story itself has been deleted.

Posted by Holly on February 21, 2008 12:25 PM | Permalink

www.planebuzz.com

Details On Forthcoming Continental/United Deal; UAL Turning to ExpressJet for Regional Feed on Mesa Cancellations

Article Deleted by Moderator--You may NOT post entire articles without the permission of the author/publisher. The links may remain, but the story itself has been deleted.

Posted by Holly on February 21, 2008 12:25 PM | Permalink

Unfortunately Holly has given up any and all credibility within all of the real airlines. Her close ties to SWA via her brother have given her the cold shoulder by insiders for several years. She is often wayyyyy off base with her guarantees and I suspect this may also be one of those times. She is tired hack and like every other analyst out there they are hoping that you somehow believe their spin and accept that as their being some type of clairvoyant when in fact they are just throwing darts at a board. She is most handicapped by her inability to see the forest for the BSB colored airplanes. Too bad she let her personal life smear a promising career. I would believe Boyd on any day before her. And I have never thought him to be bright either.

Unfortunately Holly has given up any and all credibility within all of the real airlines. Her close ties to SWA via her brother have given her the cold shoulder by insiders for several years. She is often wayyyyy off base with her guarantees and I suspect this may also be one of those times. She is tired hack and like every other analyst out there they are hoping that you somehow believe their spin and accept that as their being some type of clairvoyant when in fact they are just throwing darts at a board. She is most handicapped by her inability to see the forest for the BSB colored airplanes. Too bad she let her personal life smear a promising career. I would believe Boyd on any day before her. And I have never thought him to be bright either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YUP, ..Magsau,..I concur(about Holly)

However, UAL would be VERY wise to Strike Instantly(w/CO) the VERY second that DL/NW is "announced",...therefore, if DL/NW..should "Disintegrate",..........DL would be left with LCC..ONLY.(a scenario I'd Imagine that would put a smile on the faces of AA/NW/and "United-ental")

Unfortunately MAGSAU has given up any and all credibility within all of the real airlines. Her close to UA have given her the cold shoulder by insiders for several years. She is often wayyyyy off base with her guarantees and I suspect this may also be one of those times. She is tired hack and like every other analyst out there they are hoping that you somehow believe their spin and accept that as their being some type of clairvoyant when in fact they are just throwing darts at a board. She is most handicapped by her inability to see the forest for the BSB colored airplanes. Too bad she let her personal life smear a promising career. I would believe Boyd on any day before her. And I have never thought him to be bright either.

Wow.
I realize that Holly luves Southwest and really hates the management of United but, isn't it for a good reason?
I'd imagine the employees and investors would agree.

To say she is throwing darts in the wind maybe correct to some extent but what would you compare Plane Business too?
What other subscription service can I get that gives me some insight to OTHER analysts views?
And that article was off the blog which is free for anyone.

However, UAL would be VERY wise to Strike Instantly(w/CO) the VERY second that DL/NW is "announced",...therefore, if DL/NW..should "Disintegrate",..........DL would be left with LCC..ONLY.(a scenario I'd Imagine that would put a smile on the faces of AA/NW/and "United-ental")

:spam: :angry2:

Wow.
I realize that Holly luves Southwest and really hates the management of United but, isn't it for a good reason?
I'd imagine the employees and investors would agree.

What other subscription service can I get that gives me some insight to OTHER analysts views?
And that article was off the blog which is free for anyone.

Not sure the investors fo UAL hate the management team. They have done a pretty good job of appeasing them with several items not the least of which is a 250million dollar dividend that was recently paid. Holly hates UAL because the mgmnt sees her for what she is. An aviation insider wannabe. She has as much credibility as that SCAB Cordle (yes He is a real SCAB, crossed the picket line in 85) Both are as thick as logs and have never been on the accurate side of anything.

Why on earth would you PAY her for what little information she has. The airlines all shutdown her pipeline several years ago so she had to rely on her brother's war stories from SWA to make her "informed" decisions. She is by far one of the most uninformed airline analyst in the self proclaimed field of analyst. She makes Cordle look like He knows what he is talking about. If you are paying for her services you should take that money and give it to a good charity because it is lost on her and her analytical ability.

Not so fast NHBB....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi...,0,804034.story

Magsau

Your disdain for Holly is apparent but your last post makes me think you mis-read mine. I didn't say that investors hate the UAL management team. All of Titlon's new golf buddies from various Banks of- We hold United's debt, have been more than happy with the management team. The $250M dividend I mean Christmas Bonus will be followed up by another as they received approval for $500M for disbursement.

As far as the UA management giving the brush off I think they have given all the analysts the brush off. They have been unwilling to discuss anything with the analyst up until last year when they started the "investor day" calls.- What a joke that is. Even then the analyst only got most expertise double-talk corporate speak bullshit available in the airline industry.

I think Holly gets the brush off as does Boyd and Cordle because they don't represent UBS, JPMorgan, etc. Why should any management team provide information to an analyst in the private sector? If anything they should get paid for that but, that would be a conflict of interest.

Holly has IMO, every right to dislike United's management. United is constantly among the worst in DOT rankings in all measures but particularly in customer satisfaction. No airline give should ever give out dividends with such high capital costs and low margins, and certainly not in a cash hungry environment that we're in. She does luv Southwest but she always qualifies her statements with that fact as well.

It sucks being an employee of a company that is so incompetently managed, but I can't blame Holly for it.

I think its funny that an analyst can sell a subscription for airline investors. It tells me that people are stupid enough to actually invest in airlines. Many employees are. I laugh even harder when I hear that Mutual Fund Managers are trying to sell their shares of XYZ airlines. Then of course I looked into my own retirement mix to make sure that none of my picks has any airline investments. :unsure:

I subscribe to Plane Business because there is no other source available to me that lets me know whats going on in the industry as a whole, if you do, let me know.

I wonder how long it would take the crack-head management team at United to wreck Continental as well.

I believe the 'crack-head management team at United' will be given golden parachutes, at least in the executive suite, and promptly shown the door.

May it hit them squarely in their backsides.