Comair Crash

In and of themselves, one controller on duty, and the crew preflighting the wrong aircraft is no big deal but in light of the accident I can see the numbers starting to add up.

Speaking of numbers, this has been creeping me out for the last couple days:

Delta Flt 191 crashed in Dallas August 2, 1985

American Flt 191 crashed in Chicago May 26, 1979

Comair Flt 5191 crashed in Lexington August 27,2006

Tell me I'm being foolish and superstitious. Please.

Nope, just a coincidence. If there were only three airplane crashes in history, it would be an amazing coincidence, but still just a coincidence since flight numbers don't cause crashes.

Alas, there have been more than three airplane crashes. You neglected to list all the flight numbers that didn't end with 191.

I see that the crash was at the departure end of the short runway... And from the airport diagram you can see how just maybe a mistake could have been made.

HMMM, what the F&%$ are those big numbers you drive over on the end of the runway FOR DUHHHH??? Maybe the FAA should NOW require pilots to STOP/CHECK THE COMPASS HEADING/BEFORE YOU POUR THE COALS TO IT/AND ROLL OFF INTO ????? :D

It won't be the last time a flight crew forgets to look at the F(&)ing compass before they scream into hell!!! :shock:

I see that the crash was at the departure end of the short runway... And from the airport diagram you can see how just maybe a mistake could have been made.

HMMM, what the F&%$ are those big numbers you drive over on the end of the runway FOR DUHHHH??? Maybe the FAA should NOW require pilots to STOP/CHECK THE COMPASS HEADING/BEFORE YOU POUR THE COALS TO IT/AND ROLL OFF INTO ????? :D

It won't be the last time a flight crew forgets to look at the F(&)ing compass before they scream into hell!!! :shock:

That's a little harsh.

That's a little harsh.

Agreed. What a POS this guy is. With the majority of recent accidents being attributed to the Mtc. troops you don't see Fish castigating his own group. I am sure the EMB120 pilots from COEX would have liked to have had all the screws in the tail, the Chalks crew would liked to have known about corrosion that passed inspection, the crew of 232 probably would not have taken off with a bad turbine blade, the TWA 800 crew would have made sure the pumps were off if the wires had been inspected and found to be arcing, UAL 847 over the pacific with a blown cargo door, Aloha with the open air option, Lauda Air 767 with T/R deployment and I am sure various others.

Glass houses.

Agreed. What a POS this guy is. With the majority of recent accidents being attributed to the Mtc. troops you don't see Fish castigating his own group. I am sure the EMB120 pilots from COEX would have liked to have had all the screws in the tail, the Chalks crew would liked to have known about corrosion that passed inspection, the crew of 232 probably would not have taken off with a bad turbine blade, the TWA 800 crew would have made sure the pumps were off if the wires had been inspected and found to be arcing, UAL 847 over the pacific with a blown cargo door, Aloha with the open air option, Lauda Air 767 with T/R deployment and I am sure various others.

Glass houses.
Dude you don't want to start bashing Maintenance for what this idiot said. I can come up with more F...ups pilots have done to cause crashes then what Mechs have. Just remember, most of those crashes you have said was done by third party maintenance. NO A&P Mechanics. At no time did this idiot say he was a Mechanic, you just ASSumed he was.

When was the last time those big numbers were painted??? What type of beads were used ??? Airfield signs and markings can very well play a big role in any accident, thats why the FAA looks very closely at those areas during an airports annual 139 inspection....

Dude you don't want to start bashing Maintenance for what this idiot said. I can come up with more F...ups pilots have done to cause crashes then what Mechs have. Just remember, most of those crashes you have said was done by third party maintenance. NO A&P Mechanics. At no time did this idiot say he was a Mechanic, you just ASSumed he was.

No I did not assume Fish was a mech. He has said in the past he is a former UAL Mech in DEN and left UA to work for F9. The post was to remind Fish that we ALL play a role in the safety of the airline and it is not ONE employee group that is responsible for an accident. For the pilots and Flight Attendants we are generally the ones that pay the ultimate sacrifice for any errors.