Dog Mauls Passenger on Delta Flight

Good point about the masks. I'm sure some wily lawyer can find lawsuit reason for not providing dog-friendly oxygen masks--particularly if the decompression results in the dog going to the great kibble kitchen in the sky.

Reactions: 1AA
As swamt said, it's about friggin' time (I added a word or two) I tried to tell the some of the powers that be at AA that most of the "emotional support" traffic was simply passengers who didn't want to pay the fees for bringing their animal in the cabin with them. The airlines should crack down on medical personnel who are writing these bogus statements allowing untrained animals in the cabin. If I'm not badly mistaken this the not the first time that an emotional support animal has attacked a customer in flight.

I have no beef with trained service animals, but emotional support animals have to go. It's only a matter of time before another passenger is attacked and the airlines are the ones who will be held responsible--especially financially.

As I have posted before, I was sitting in the concourse at DFW one day and overheard two women talking about the pet of one of them. One woman said, "Don't you hate having to pay that $175 fee for bringing your dog with you in the cabin?" The other replied, "Oh, I don't have to pay anything. I have a doctor who will write anything I want for me. So my dog is an emotional support animal, and I have one of those handicapped stickers so I can park close to the building at the mall."