Congress Repeals Wright

you spent BIG BUCKS and all your political connections to do what?...get rid of the "limitations" the Wright Amendment does to your airline. But, this new agreement LIMITS the ability for other airlines to operate from Love. And, that's not anti-competitive??????
Hey....they just agreed to a compromise with American. If other airlines wanted to be a part of a future Love Field, they should have helped foot some of the legal bills Southwest incurred. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Southwest and American know this.

you spent BIG BUCKS and all your political connections to do what?...get rid of the "limitations" the Wright Amendment does to your airline. But, this new agreement LIMITS the ability for other airlines to operate from Love. And, that's not anti-competitive??????
Nope- that's Texas. :down:

Don't get hung up on the part of the law that says the gates will have to go away. I think that Herb and GK saw the compromise as a way to get through ticketing immediately while knowing that some court would remove the part that deals with the reduction in the gates. If the courts take less than 8 years to remove the part that deals with the loss of gates then Jet Blue, NW, AirTran, and the rest will get some of those gates. Just remember that for the next 8 years they will have to stop at a current WA state before going on to their final destination.

Don't get hung up on the part of the law that says the gates will have to go away. I think that Herb and GK saw the compromise as a way to get through ticketing immediately while knowing that some court would remove the part that deals with the reduction in the gates.

My thoughts exactly!

Well, congrats to WN. They got what they wanted, and more power to them. Maybe now the airlines of the world will realize that they need to fix their own mess and leave well enough alone. Was this not a direct result of the majors in 1995/1996 demanding a change to the tax system for the air ticket? From the 10% to a downward % but an increase in the segement? IIRC HK stated that if the law passed, WN would have no choice but to start serving more long haul flights.

Well, like I said, congrats to WN! They made a statement, and then made it happen. Others should take note!

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Hey....they just agreed to a compromise with American. If other airlines wanted to be a part of a future Love Field, they should have helped foot some of the legal bills Southwest incurred. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Southwest and American know this.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

KCF,

"BOY", I bet WN and AA are PI$$ED at the outcome of Wright !!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So much in fact, that I bet Kelly, Arpey, and ol' HERB, met at Herb's place, for a "snort" or two, of Wild Turkey.

Ya, It's really something, when we think about how much "they hate each other" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(It's even (more) comical, when I realize how many folks "don't really" know whats going on , in this Industry. ...... Especially when it comes to AA/WN) ;)

NH/BB's

NEW Dallas routes when cleared:
Dal Lax (12 flts)thru Hou,Sat,Elp or Abq
Dal Mdw (6 flts)thru Stl or Mci
Dal Mco (8 flts)thru Hou,Sat,Aus or Msy
:up:

I have to admit that I'm hoping for a PVD-STL-DAL-STL-PVD routing.

Does anyone think there is a chance of this happening??

Latest posts