Consistency Is Key

Art at ISP said:
We think the current snack catering is fine, and that pulling pretzels is penny wise and pound foolish, but we do support proposed "enhancements" to the officers' compensation packages (ie. NO BONUSES).

The lack of bonuses are necessary in order to insure a consistent transition of management to Tempe.

Wow I too can speak US Airways.......
[post="280535"][/post]​

Ok... time for some numbers.

I was in the BLF Sam's Club today and saw a box of 30 1.5 oz bags of Snyder's pretzels like US uses for $5.76. We know Sam's doesn't pay $5.76 a box, so they are marked up some. Also, granted these were bigger than the bags that US uses (aren't they like 0.5 oz?). But let's play with this...

So even if they got 20 cents a bag from US, let's see, .20 into a million is how many bags? 5 million? That's a lot of pretzels... and I would be safe to guess US doesn't pay 20 cents a bag for those pretzels so that would be many more bags of pretzels for that million. For that matter, does US really use 5-6 millions bags of pretzels a year on flights?

How about we pay the bonuses in bags of pretzels? 21 million would buy tons and tons of them. :lol:

ringmaruf said:
I'm sure that US uses several times that.

US and the wholly-owned express carriers boarded over 48 million pax last year.
[post="281088"][/post]​

So given 48M pax, either US was getting one heckuva deal on the pretzels, or someone is doing the math wrong at CCY? :huh: