Consistency Is Key

ClueByFour said:
As long as LUV and B6 are serving snacks, that is the expectation (much like they basically set the bar for fares in their markets).

If you are not in the front cabin, there is absolutly nothing to differentiate US from the LCCs. Now, they are lowering the bar below that of the domestic LCCs, and into Ryanair territory.
[post="280492"][/post]​

You beat me to that exact thought.

However, will folks run to the BBT and B6 because they give out a snack? Probably not, but given the same fares, it might sway the leisure traveler.

Clue called it. LCCs set the bars. What US is doing is just plain screwed as they're trying to go semi-legacy style carrier up front with sub-LCC service in the back.

And I think people are infact paying for the "premium" (aka original service), mostly subsidized by BloFares and numerous fare increases.

Just today on flights worked I was asked for pillows, kiddie wings, blankets, cookies, peanuts, magazines, lemon, bloody mary mix. NADA to all. I so enjoy trying to find something to tell the paying passengers what they CAN have! :huh: :down: There is not much left. Except my gracious service. Keep taking my tools away CCY!

2clippedwings said:
Just today on flights worked I was asked for pillows, kiddie wings, blankets, cookies, peanuts, magazines, lemon, bloody mary mix. NADA to all. I so enjoy trying to find something to tell the paying passengers what they CAN have! :huh: :down: There is not much left. Except my gracious service. Keep taking my tools away CCY!
[post="280514"][/post]​

CCY just simply DOES NOT CARE about what customers expect, want, or prefer. It's a matter of passing the time in the Palace until those "Retention" payments, Severance Payments, and Golden Parachutes all kick in. Those guys are all going to leave here with millions, and customer service, labor relations, or passenger complaints are simply not of any concern to them.

I had to read and read that effective Sep pretzels are history!

Un friggin believable..

Now when some asks who I work for, " tha airline that SERVES NO PRETZELS>>

Why not charge, for the cup, the ice, the soda, the paper napkins, the coffee, sugar , cream stir's .
Get my point?

What a bunch of sorry @$$e$!

NO MENTION OF TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM those mother's in CCY! :down:

C"mon HP and Doug Parker, ya cant be here soon enough.. :up:

I think that we've gotten way off base with this thread. Sure CCY probably rigged the voting to get the opinion that they wanted, but come on...we are raising hell about mini-bags of pretzels!???

Taking pretzels out of coach is not akin to taking the paper out of the lav. Nobody flies United just because they have that cool sky mix in coach. Nobody will notice.

A million here, a million there ...it begins to add up to real money.

People will notice the return of hot meals in first. CCY ought to be congratulated for stumbling on the correct decision, not excoriated for the pretzel issue.

bofie said:
A million here, a million there ...it begins to add up to real money.

[post="280528"][/post]​

Sure a million here a million there in cuts that materially affect our onboard service is nothing compared to the more thn $50 million dollars CCY has laying around for retention bonuses. :rolleyes: :down:

We think the current snack catering is fine, and that pulling pretzels is penny wise and pound foolish, but we do support proposed "enhancements" to the officers' compensation packages (ie. NO BONUSES).

The lack of bonuses are necessary in order to insure a consistent transition of management to Tempe.

Wow I too can speak US Airways.......

hharotz said:
Sure a million here a million there in cuts that materially affect our onboard service is nothing compared to the more thn $50 million dollars CCY has laying around for retention bonuses. :rolleyes: :down:
[post="280530"][/post]​

Ah. Beat me to it! :)

golden1 said:
I had to read and read that effective Sep pretzels are history!
Un friggin believable..

SKY HIGH states: well, they had to find money somewhere, didnt YOU ALL hear?
They're going to issue ALL flight attendants.................Toilet brushes! :lol:

WestCoastGuy said:
CCY just simply DOES NOT CARE about what customers expect, want, or prefer.  It's a matter of passing the time in the Palace until those "Retention" payments, Severance Payments, and Golden Parachutes all kick in.  Those guys are all going to leave here with millions, and customer service, labor relations, or passenger  complaints are simply not of any concern to them.
[post="280519"][/post]​
Yes Sir, I do believe you covered it......

Special Thanks to our beloved Bankrupcy Judge, Stephen [Rubber Stamp] Mitchell and his partner in slime, Jerry glASS...

Safety is not a given. It is all that an airline should be obligated to provide. I think that if you are selling tickets below cost, you should expect the passenger to be willing to pick up their own bag of pretzels before they get to the airport. Passengers shouldn't be immune from having to adapt to the new world of aviation.

And the reason that the so-called legacy carriers are in the predicament they are in today is because passengers DON"T care about things like pretzles and they won't pay a premium for a premium product. They look up their fare on Orbitz, etc, or if they're really brainwashed they stop shopping at Southwest.com and they pay the lowest fare they see.

Pretzles are not even mentioned on Orbitz.