Cool, Hip New Cups

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
From The Hub

Redesigned Cups

Beginning this week, our plastic foam cups will feature something new to talk about. The stylized, gray flag symbol on the existing cups will be replaced with vibrantly colored, whimsical line art highlighting Caribbean, transatlantic and domestic service. The change is cost-neutral to the company. As the existing cup supply is depleted, the revised cups will be phased in, onboard all US Airways and US Airways Express flights. Cups will be rotated seasonally based on customer travel patterns.

The first cups introduced feature a beach scene printed in the same turquoise as our Caribbean logo. Next, the transatlantic design depicts well-known European landmarks in a lively shade of fuchsia. The domestic sketch features cityscapes in a cheerful, bright blue. Each version includes US Airways flag symbols drawn freehand, as well as the usairways.com logo. The fresh designs and unique color palette underscore US Airways’ transformation into a more approachable, low-cost, value-driven carrier.

Title tongue in cheek. ;) At least they are planning for the future. Now if we can only get the uniforms redesigned. Anyone else want to dress for island day? Fuschia shorts, blue tank top with the hand drawn flag across the front? Come on, it'll be fun while you're scraping the ice off your windshield getting to work. :up: :rolleyes:

tadjr,

Now for the really important question - does the airplane coffee taste any better in the new cups?

:eek:

Jim

Makes you think that some marketing folks could have been furloughed to save on cash...

Fine, different printing on the cups is cost-neutral. Great.

How much money was spent on a Director of Cup Logo Design? How much time was wasted coordinating this effort that could be spent on devising and implementing cost savings ideas?

My God people, can you not find something better to do with your time then complain about every damn thing? If they didn't do this, I'm sure you'd all be whining about how US has so many Caribbean flights but they don't advertise them. Get off it!

Maybe if the amount of energy spent bitching here was spent on, oh, say, improving customer service or something, there wouldn't be as much to whine about.

Have you seen the cups? They look like a child scribbled on them. I saw one the other day and I thought it was just a mess-up, as I was recently handed a Coke in what appeared to be a plastic Dixie cup from a Dollar Store. I guess it's all on purpose, to try and appear trashy? The filthy planes and tattered employee uniforms do that trick well without drawing stick figures on styrofoam cups.

A better idea would be to get together with United and Air Canada and have Star Alliance logo cups with all of the airlines logo's smaller (hopefully not "freehand", my god...) for all of them to use. It would cut down catering costs for all involved airlines and advertise membership with Star.

But why be the Star pupil when you can be the kid in the back row with lice.

BoeingBoy said:
tadjr,

Now for the really important question - does the airplane coffee taste any better in the new cups?

And don't even think about all the different types of bacteria like e-coli that is in the water from the aircraft..........

:(

I think the company should have saved more money by eliminating cups all together and have the flight attendants pour the drinks into the customers mouth. As is evidenced by these posts USAirways can never do anything right so why bother complaining. It actually might save you alot of energy since the company is doomed and you can put your efforts into working on your resumes to use after the company shuts down.

N607P said:
My God people, can you not find something better to do with your time then complain about every damn thing? If they didn't do this, I'm sure you'd all be whining about how US has so many Caribbean flights but they don't advertise them. Get off it!

Maybe if the amount of energy spent bitching here was spent on, oh, say, improving customer service or something, there wouldn't be as much to whine about.
[post="256459"][/post]​

Oh, I couldn't agree with you more re the part about improving customer service, but hey, in RES, we are expected to service you in less that 300 seconds which is no small feat. No one listens to us when we talk about customer service!!!